Homebrew Problem with custom firmware after formatting the 3ds xl

bieniu4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,

After formatting my New 3DS XL i have a problem with accessing the games I have previously downloaded, as far as i see the console uses other files in Nintendo 3DS on my SD card. It uses new one with just 100mb instead of one with over 18 GB is there any possibility to change it? all the game icons are missing and i cant get any save files back.

I would appriciate any help.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

After formatting my New 3DS XL i have a problem with accessing the games I have previously downloaded, as far as i see the console uses other files in Nintendo 3DS on my SD card. It uses new one with just 100mb instead of one with over 18 GB is there any possibility to change it? all the game icons are missing and i cant get any save files back.

I would appriciate any help.
It has nothing to do with custom firmware this same exact behavior happens even on official firmware

bieniu4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm new into this and i'm not sure how everything is supposed to work, either way is there any way to get it back?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your Nintendo 3DS folder has the following?
  • Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/...
<ID0> and <ID1> are 32 character strings of letters and characters.

Does one <ID1> folder that contains yours 18 GB old stuff?
Does the second <ID1> folder has the new 100 mb?

Try this:
  1. Copy your entire setup from your SD card to your computer for safe keeping in case of a mess up. Do not skip this step.
  2. Rename your old <ID1> folder to match your new <ID1> folder. You may want to delete the new one first.
  3. Boot into HOME Menu. Go to System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software.
  4. Do you see your games with crossed out x's?
5a. In case your 3DS recognizes your old games even though you don't see their icons at HOME Menu...
  • Use TIKdevil to restore your tickets.
  • For games that didn't restore with TIKdevil, you may need to reinstall fresh copies of the games.
  • If you were diligent backing up your saves, restore them with JKSM or Checkpoint.
  • If you never made backups of your saves, check out this thread in how to go about restoring the saves another way:
Please help! old 3ds refuses to read old files and creates empty homepage

- or -

5b. In case your 3DS does NOT recognize your old games in System Settings...
  • You may need to do a SysNAND restore if it contains (most of) the tickets for your games.
  • In case you don't have such a NAND image, you'll need to reinstalling your games from scratch
  • Use the JKSM or Checkpoint save manager(s) if you backed up your saves.
  • Try the manual method employed in that thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: