Problem running Wiiware from SD card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Crimson-X, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Crimson-X
    OP

Crimson-X PC builder and Wii Softmodding

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Western Kentucky
    I have recently softmodded my wii to 4.2u and the other day I tried to launch Megaman 9 from the SD card. It worked perfectly before I updated. Some titles still work, though. I got a message stating "Failed to Launch". I re-installed it using Custom Wad Manager 1.1. It worked, but it wouldn't let me install the DLC. It gave me an error "ret -1022". Any idea what I can do to fix it?

2. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    Try patching IOS70 with DOP-IOS, this can sometimes resolve the 'failed to launch' message

3. Vattu

Vattu GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2009
    Sweden
    I've heard that you need to redownload/reinstall all wiiware and vc after updating to 4.2. I am probably wrong, though.

4. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    No you don't. Im still playing the same installs from 4.0 and Ive updated to 4.1 then 4.2. I notice that you've used Wanin 4.2E, do you realise that his updaters are on the 'apps that brick' list?

5. Crimson-X
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Western Kentucky
    Ok, I'll give that a shot. Thank you for the help. I'll report back whether it worked or not. Have a happy turkey day! [​IMG]

6. Crimson-X
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Western Kentucky
    It didn't work. I got another message stating "This channel can not be launched on this wii". If this is going to be a hassle, I'll just install them to the system memory. No biggie.