Problem on R4DS Cheat Codes

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by joeacid, May 5, 2009.

May 5, 2009

Problem on R4DS Cheat Codes by joeacid at 9:56 PM (1,696 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. joeacid
    OP

Newcomer joeacid Newbie

Singapore
    Hi,
    I have downloaded the latest CHEAT.DAT from the mass database of cheat codes. However, after putting it into the _system_ folder, not all the games allows me to press Y for the cheat code. More importantly, i have also tried to use the code editor to see if i have the codes, and i found out that the databases has all the codes for the games i want.

Can anyone please advise me? I'm struggling many nights for this but no help....

For example, i'm trying to use the cheat for Suikoden Tierkreis (U) and certain Tokimeki Memorials. But, there are no codes available in my R4 selection.

Some other games such as Pokemon Pearl, Harvest Moon and final fantasy tactics seems to work well.... or at least i can press Y to select those codes.

For the cases of those games w/o the cheat codes, i don't even get to press Y for code selection.

(P.S: I'm sure i've checked the Cheat Databases using Code Editor, and they have codes for Suikoden Tierkreis (U) and Tokimeki Memorials)

I have also checked the name of the DAT files. They are named as CHEAT.DAT which is correct.

Please kindly help! Thanks!

2. Kyuubi20x6

Newcomer Kyuubi20x6 Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same problem, I've even replaced the _DS_MENU.DAT file with the patched one and the "Press Y for cheats" button still doesn't appear for certain games.

3. BKZ

Member BKZ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  4. joeacid
    OP

Newcomer joeacid Newbie

Singapore
    Hi BKZ, i've read that important notice before.
    So the sentence "limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games." is referring to the code displayed for games not the codes displayed for each of the games? (Sorry i didn't notice that this thing is referring to this problem)

Can i know, lets say if i use a cheat editor, create a new CHEAT.DAT with only a few of the game cheats in it... will it work that way? Please advise.

Edit:
    Erm.... Can i know what does it means by "the third option is to move the games to the top of the list"? What list is it referring to?
    The game list in the CHEAT.DAT? or the list in my NDS R4 game list when selecting games. If its referring to my NDS R4 games, how do i shift it up? If its the game list in the CHEAT.DAT, i know how to shift.

5. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Well its supposed to work like that.

6. joeacid
    OP

Newcomer joeacid Newbie

Singapore
    Erm.... Can i know what does it means by "the third option is to move the games to the top of the list"? What list is it referring to?
    The game list in the CHEAT.DAT? or the list in my NDS R4 game list when selecting games. If its referring to my NDS R4 games, how do i shift it up? If its the game list in the CHEAT.DAT, i know how to shift.

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    why not you click CLICK HERE on my signature [​IMG]

8. Kyuubi20x6

Newcomer Kyuubi20x6 Newbie

United States
    Thanks BZK, I was able to figure it out!

9. joeacid
    OP

Newcomer joeacid Newbie

Singapore
    Yup Thks Guys, I was able to get it fixed up. Thanks a million!!

10. jaydom

Newcomer jaydom Member

Singapore
    hey joeacid...i still cannnot understand...forgive me!
    can u tell me how u do it? i wan my touch the dead cheats to work....

11. Billy MT

Newcomer Billy MT Newbie

Brazil
    You know, I used to have the same problem. Even patching the _DS_MENU.dat with Yasu's tools weren't working.

Funny enough, it worked after I started to use the USRCHEAT.DAT, and also after removing from it all the codes from games I wouldn't play, running it on a unpatched _DS_MENU.dat. Works like a charm.