Hacking Problem on R4DS Cheat Codes

joeacid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi,
I have downloaded the latest CHEAT.DAT from the mass database of cheat codes. However, after putting it into the _system_ folder, not all the games allows me to press Y for the cheat code. More importantly, i have also tried to use the code editor to see if i have the codes, and i found out that the databases has all the codes for the games i want.

Can anyone please advise me? I'm struggling many nights for this but no help....

For example, i'm trying to use the cheat for Suikoden Tierkreis (U) and certain Tokimeki Memorials. But, there are no codes available in my R4 selection.

Some other games such as Pokemon Pearl, Harvest Moon and final fantasy tactics seems to work well.... or at least i can press Y to select those codes.

For the cases of those games w/o the cheat codes, i don't even get to press Y for code selection.

(P.S: I'm sure i've checked the Cheat Databases using Code Editor, and they have codes for Suikoden Tierkreis (U) and Tokimeki Memorials)

I have also checked the name of the DAT files. They are named as CHEAT.DAT which is correct.

Please kindly help! Thanks!

Kyuubi20x6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem, I've even replaced the _DS_MENU.DAT file with the patched one and the "Press Y for cheats" button still doesn't appear for certain games.

joeacid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
BKZ said:
go to http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ and read the important notice there.

Hi BKZ, i've read that important notice before.
So the sentence "limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games." is referring to the code displayed for games not the codes displayed for each of the games? (Sorry i didn't notice that this thing is referring to this problem)

Can i know, lets say if i use a cheat editor, create a new CHEAT.DAT with only a few of the game cheats in it... will it work that way? Please advise.

Edit:
Erm.... Can i know what does it means by "the third option is to move the games to the top of the list"? What list is it referring to?
The game list in the CHEAT.DAT? or the list in my NDS R4 game list when selecting games. If its referring to my NDS R4 games, how do i shift it up? If its the game list in the CHEAT.DAT, i know how to shift.

joeacid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Erm.... Can i know what does it means by "the third option is to move the games to the top of the list"? What list is it referring to?
The game list in the CHEAT.DAT? or the list in my NDS R4 game list when selecting games. If its referring to my NDS R4 games, how do i shift it up? If its the game list in the CHEAT.DAT, i know how to shift.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
why not you click CLICK HERE on my signature
smile.gif

jaydom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hey joeacid...i still cannnot understand...forgive me!
can u tell me how u do it? i wan my touch the dead cheats to work....

Billy MT

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know, I used to have the same problem. Even patching the _DS_MENU.dat with Yasu's tools weren't working.

Funny enough, it worked after I started to use the USRCHEAT.DAT, and also after removing from it all the codes from games I wouldn't play, running it on a unpatched _DS_MENU.dat. Works like a charm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40