Homebrew Problem loading Silent hill: Shattered memories with USB loader gx

Zirgud4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I've been downloading for the past few days 3 or 4 iso/wbfs of Silent hill: Shattered memories for the wii. I'm trying to play it on my softmodded Wii.

Each time I upload one to my USB stick, it's not working. From the 2 that at least boot, one of em crashes at the CLIMAX screen at the beginning (Just after the Konami screen) and the other crashes when the name of the game appears (ice forms at that moment). I can still here the music but the game freezes. What's weird is some kind of error window flashes on the screen each ten seconds but it flashes so fast it's barely readable. It says: Please insert the Silent hill: Shattered memories disc. What I don't understand is that all my other games play flawlessly but this one won't boot.

Do you think I should keep trying to find a working Iso/wbfs/rom? If so, do you happen to know where I can download one that you know works? If not, can you guide me through troubleshooting this? I'm not a pro with softmodding I just followed tutorials (I'm using USB loader gx v3.0 on a softmodded Wii)
What is supposed to be the exact size of that game?

Thanks in advance,
Zirgud.

Zirgud4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just tried one of the rom with the dolphin emulator and it works fine so most likely it's not a bad rom. Can anyone help me understand why my usb loader can't boot it properly?

Zirgud4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if it could be related to NEW wbfs files corrupting while being copied to the drive? My flash drive is 64 GB and formatted in ntfs

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I've just tried one of the rom with the dolphin emulator and it works fine so most likely it's not a bad rom. Can anyone help me understand why my usb loader can't boot it properly?

To compare Emulator and real Hardware is like Apple and Lemon.
They work different.So it is not really a Proof.

For the USBLoader/Game Loading there are maybe a few Points to check please.

- Which Version/Revision of the USBLoader GX do you have please ?
- Which cIOSes do you have installed on Slot 249 and maybe 250 and which Bases are they using ?
(If you used a Guide for Wii Softmodding,please be so kind and tell it to us,it will help a lot.)
- Is your ISO/WBFS really correct and ok/Checksum ?
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/R5WEA4
On the Bottom there are MD5 and SHA1 Checksum Numbers,please compare it with your ISO

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Zirgud4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funny you would say that it's like comparing apples and lemons. It worked on dolphin, so clearly it indicates that the rom works, no?

Anyway, I found the solution. I hope this can help others. The problem was the ntfs partition on my usb stick. The guide I used advised to use ntfs so that's what I did. Most of the games worked but not Silent hill. I read on this thread (gbatemp.net/threads/resident-evil-4-and-silent-hill-not-working.353571) that ntfs partition could corrupt wbfs files copied. So I went and bought another 64 Gb usb stick and formatted it FAT32 instead of ntfs (You need a third party software to do this since windows feature to format won't let you format to FAT32 a usb drive larger than 32 Gb). It worked !

Thanks for the help.
Zirgud

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o