Hardware Printer ink

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Printer ink gets heated in the print head and is specifically designed to withstand that kind of treatment. Pen ink would behave differently. At best you'd get terrible print quality; at worst, you'd destroy the print head.

Just buy a new cartridge.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
as mashers says,
plus there might be differences in viscosity and some other stuff as well.
I'd say try it but a print head is actually more expensive than a new printer (or very close most of the time)

Except for wanting to earn lots of money with their overpriced inc that is a reason for the company to always tell you to buy original ink as the fake one might not be of good quality.

At work we destroyed a lot of printers with fake ink and thanks to these the guarantee we not valid any more as well.

Last edited by Youkai,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What others have said.
If it is getting to you then you might want to look up continuous ink systems (CIS)/continuous ink supply systems (CISS) for your printer model and/or printer cartridge family. They are things you can refill trivially/continuously from a bottle without any real hassle that comes from more traditional refilling methods. A quick scan says there are some for your printer and cartridge family.

I find it all too much faffing for my taste, but then again I seem to have fair access to a decent supply of old colour laser printers if I decided to go down that path and generally hate printing and printing related issues -- I have a black and white tiny laser printer for plane/concert/festival/ferry tickets, CVs, invoices, receipts, car/device manuals and directions for anything that needs something there. Everything else I will go bother a client with a proper printer for or take to the supermarket/wherever traditionally developed photos as they all realised moving into the modern world was the only way to survive now film has died.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.