Hacking Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands - New anti-piracy?

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
WhiteX said:
M[u said:
ddy]
VashTS said:
possibly and it may be a problem with the release. its definitely a PAL copy disguised as NTSC as it has multiple languages on it.
American releases can be multi-language, too, as seen in Spirit Tracks. Spanish language is added for Brazil and French for Canada.

Brazil speaks portuguese

That guy, probably thinks Portugal to be a mexican state...
closedeyes.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
camurso_ said:
WhiteX said:
M[u said:
ddy]
VashTS said:
possibly and it may be a problem with the release. its definitely a PAL copy disguised as NTSC as it has multiple languages on it.
American releases can be multi-language, too, as seen in Spirit Tracks. Spanish language is added for Brazil and French for Canada.

Brazil speaks portuguese

closedeyes.gif

is it not?

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tHciNc said:
Lol, it pretty funny the new protection check, Cios authors are famous, No doubt SMG2 will have this
Code:
.globl MFCIOSWaninkokoCheck
.globl MFCIOSHermesCheck1
rofl.gif
Yeah, great protection
rofl.gif
, easy to patch - a patch will be released soon
rofl.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tHciNc said:
Lol, it pretty funny the new protection check, Cios authors are famous, No doubt SMG2 will have this
Code:
.globl MFCIOSWaninkokoCheck
.globl MFCIOSHermesCheck1
I like to throw a sentence in here:

Pics or it didn't happen
mellow.gif

Thanks for all the people that shed some light on this and share their findings, but I would love to see a screenshot of these things (HEX, Scrubber, Gecko, dunno...just something), if possible
smile.gif

But, if this is really true, guess I'll switch to SNEEK, if the upcoming rev is better...basicly the game should work there, right? And Nintendo will probably focus on the cIOS for a long time...
tongue.gif

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
camurso_ said:
WhiteX said:
M[u said:
ddy]
VashTS said:

Brazil speaks portuguese

closedeyes.gif
Oh come on. I just made a small mistake.
cry.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M[u said:
ddy]
camurso_ said:
WhiteX said:
M[u said:
ddy]
VashTS said:

Brazil speaks portuguese

closedeyes.gif
Oh come on. I just made a small mistake.
cry.gif

small??

you Russians are all the same...lol

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the game working properly for, I dont know, longer than an hour without crashes and I dont know it is because my cios rev 9 or the usb loader old version but it works properly so I dont know if it really needs a patch because the game is fine just there is something weird with the game.

amiga said:
IxthusTiger said:
amiga said:
I have been playing around 30 minutes without any crash so far, using an old version of usb loader gx rev 713, with ios 249 rev 9.

Before this one I tried wiiflow and I got black screen at the begining and uloader with cios 223 and I got a crash in the begining scene of the game.

So I dont know but it doesnt seem to be a protection but something weird with the game because at least with one loader and with chips it seem to be fine.

this seems important... quoting for the new page

I just finished the first boss enemy (the guardian) and no crashes and I have been saving frecuently without problems.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amiga said:
I got the game working properly for, I dont know, longer than an hour without crashes and I dont know it is because my cios rev 9 or the usb loader old version but it works properly so I dont know if it really needs a patch because the game is fine just there is something weird with the game.
it does too need a patch because not everyone will want to downgrade to rev9 whenever they want to play this game.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to run this game through SNEEK+DI?

Soon as I obtain a copy of it I will try to run it that way. I'll post back when I finish testing.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont run in sneek in its current state. their check for ios249 happens to accidentally make sneek not load it. the fix is known and if youre nice, crediar might commit it to the svn in a few days.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
it wont run in sneek in its current state. their check for ios249 happens to accidentally make sneek not load it. the fix is known and if youre nice, crediar might commit it to the svn in a few days.

Thanks for your reply. I'm a good boy so I'll wait...not very interested in this game anyway but I have a family member who is. She'll probably end up buying it as soon as it is in stock locally.
smile.gif
My main interest in this game was the new anti-piracy checks and it seems like someone smarter than myself has already figured all that out.
wink.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
PrinceNOOB said:
Confirmed not working with the old version of gx and rev 9 installed.

thought i'd test myself, had to turn on 002 error, but actually it seems to be working fine. I can now go into the home menu without the freeze. haven't checked a chest yet

edit: Well it seems to have worked, just got the first chest behind the water fall without the freeze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5