Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands Question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by AC/DS, Jun 1, 2010.

Jun 1, 2010
  1. AC/DS
    OP

Member AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    Can this game be played under AKAIO or official AK firmware? I tried the backup but did not seem to work.
    I understand this game is DSi-enhanced? Does it mean we will never be able to it run on the Ak2i? I have a DSi by the way.
    Thanks for any input.

2. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    DSi-Enhanced means that the game features something extra when run on a DSi console instead of a DSPhat/Lite.
    DSi-Enhanced features will only work with an original cart only primarily because the DSi has not been cracked.
    Anyways, the game currently isn't running on the publicly available AKAIO 1.6 RC2 or the Acekard software OSes. It does run in the private version of AKAIO 1.6 Final (from what i've been told.)
    Also when any DSi-Enhanced game runs on a DS/i flashcart, it will only run in DS-Mode which means the DS/i can not access whatever extra feature the company put in for the DSi-Mode.

There are also a few DSi-Only games but it is unlikely there will be anymore than a few. Mostly because the DSi-only games make heavy use of the cameras and companies want a wide base of sales. Alsowith DSi consoles being a smaller portion of the DS handheld community there are not going to be very many DSi-only games.

3. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ubisoft blamed piracy for the reason their 2007 sales were in the toilet, despite having a really limited number of games that weren't very well received by critics or players that year. So they went on the warpath and are using DSi-enhancements as a cheap form of anti-piracy on the DS. Hence why we get stuff like this game or the DSi-enhanced Assassin's Creed 2 that just had the ability to put camera-shot photos on wanted posters.

4. AC/DS
    OP

Member AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    ^^ But the difference is that I can play Assassin's Creed 2 on my AK2i, while PoP: FS I cannot :-(

5. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That is because he (normmatt) has not yet released new loaders or a new AKAIO in a while. Assassin's Creed 2 came out some time ago. PoP:FS came out very recently. It is fixed as I understand it in the latest private AKAIO but he has not decided yet when to release it.

6. Bingo83

Newcomer Bingo83 Member

United Kingdom
    Works fine now on AKAIO 1.7, just been playing it earlier.

7. Paul06TC

Newcomer Paul06TC Member

United States
    i can confirm this, the game works now on 1.7