Hacking Priiloader v0.7 vs. Priiloader v0.7 236 Mod

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Which isn't available from TT anymore. Besides, the version of DVDX that is good is from a much older version. It allows access to the SEEPROM for example.
The early versions only gave access to DVD video mode.
The later versions additionally use AHBPROT to give access to the restricted registers. Nothing more than what HBC already does.

Daco actually published a "patch" containing all the crap he used in the installer: http://dacotaco.com/...ibahbprot.patch
Not sure how he thought this makes things better when it's quite obvious (even by his own admission) that the patch contains code that he doesn't have permission to use.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Which isn't available from TT anymore. Besides, the version of DVDX that is good is from a much older version. It allows access to the SEEPROM for example.
The early versions only gave access to DVD video mode.
The later versions additionally use AHBPROT to give access to the restricted registers. Nothing more than what HBC already does.
It's been awhile since I've used it (switched computers), but didn't ftpii only work with an older version? As I remember, it wouldn't work when I used DVDX from hackmii installer v0.6.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Daco actually published a "patch" containing all the crap he used in the installer: http://dacotaco.com/...ibahbprot.patch
Not sure how he thought this makes things better when it's quite obvious (even by his own admission) that the patch contains code that he doesn't have permission to use.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was trying to find earlier!

dacotaco said:
+//NOTE : this is all copywrited work of marcan for DVDX. i thank him for creating this and i know its illigal for the data
+//to be here. i need to look at how to replace the nand code myself but since the wii scene is dead
+//and since i am close not to give a damn about the wii i can't be arsed to do it atm.
+//this is the only part of my patch that makes it illigal since this is the only part of DVDX left in it

...snip...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been awhile since I've used it (switched computers), but didn't ftpii only work with an older version? As I remember, it wouldn't work when I used DVDX from hackmii installer v0.6.
No, ftpii works fine with the last dvdx. I used it quite long.
Can you access the SEEPROM? I can move things to and from the SD card with the newest version, but not the SEEPROM.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@[member='JoostinOnline']: Older versions of DVDx had a bit set in the TMD to enable DVD video access. Later versions had the HW_AHBPROT flag set. It's explained a bit here: http://hackmii.com/2...s-and-hardware/

With the newer versions, FULL hardware access is possible. Perhaps the code is not in FTPii to make use of that, but DVDx definitely has the capability. Everything that now works via HW_AHBPROT from HBC could have been done at least months before HW_AHBPROT was added to HBC simply by loading the DVDx channel, and then using code similar to what is used now. No one made use of it though until it was implemented in HBC.

Reactions: 1 person

sqwiizii

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello,
I'm new to the wii hack and stuff, and i've been facing the following problem since a while:
I'm softmoding my wii, and whenever I click on the Priiloader, the controller stops working leaving me unable to press +/A buttons to proceed.
Your help is so much appreciated.
Thanks,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described