Homebrew Worries about Priiloader

StanAgain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I’m planning to install Priiloader on my Wii, however I’m a little worried about HOW it boots before the Wii Menu. Basically, it replaces it with the Priiloader menu and puts the actual Wii Menu somewhere else. I have 2 questions about this:
1. Could Priiloader brick my Wii or something?
2. What about the apps on the Wii Menu? When I click a “Go to Wii Menu” button, will it go to Priiloader instead? And if so, will this be dangerous too?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I’m planning to install Priiloader on my Wii, however I’m a little worried about HOW it boots before the Wii Menu. Basically, it replaces it with the Priiloader menu and puts the actual Wii Menu somewhere else. I have 2 questions about this:
2. What about the apps on the Wii Menu? When I click a “Go to Wii Menu” button, will it go to Priiloader instead? And if so, will this be dangerous too?
Priiloader will not brick your Wii, its acts as additional protection in case you accidentally brick it such as installing broken WADs or themes. When you select 'System Menu' from the Priiloader menu, it will go to the System Menu like normal.

I recommend following this guide to understand the process better. https://wii.guide/priiloader

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning,

if you don't know how to use (for settings configuration) Priiloader too much, the three things I suggest for you is to enable the following hacks: ""Region Free EVERYTHING"", ""Block Disc Updates"" and "" Block Online Updates "".as on the tutorial.

good luck !!

Reactions: SylverReZ

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m a little worried about HOW it boots before the Wii Menu. Basically, it replaces it with the Priiloader menu and puts the actual Wii Menu somewhere else.
I wouldn't say that it "moves the Wii Menu somewhere else" and more so that it just places itself before the Wii Menu. But trust me, Priiloader is a must, especially if your console can't install BootMii as boot2.

Last edited by boot3,
Reactions: jeannotte

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds like your wii isn't properly soft-modded (?). "Hard-modded" is a better guess.

Priiloader is one of your best friends (specially soft-modding).
When crap hits the fan, it can help you in many ways.

It helps if you're totally upfront with what you really have & what you want do.
Installing & using Priiloader is No Brainer. Can't recall if any hard-mods use Priiloader.
Just know the mod you're after.
Questions are here to be answered :)

Reactions: SylverReZ

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I wouldn't say that it "moves the Wii Menu somewhere else" and more so that it just places itself before the Wii Menu. But trust me, Priiloader is a must, especially if your console can't install BootMii as boot2.
The system menu is saved to the nand under a name like this: 00000078.app (numbers will vary based on system menu version installed)

When priiloader is installed, it renames/moves this file by changing the first 0 to a 1, E.g. 00000078.app becomes 10000078.app. Then priiloader is copied in the original system menu location (e.g 00000078.app).

Any other app or menu requesting the system menu will now launch priiloader instead. But by default priiloader will just silently launch the actual system menu, kind of like a shortcut.

I agree with you that Priiloader is highly recommended, but technically it does move/rename the system menu

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The system menu is saved to the nand under a name like this: 00000078.app (numbers will vary based on system menu version installed)

When priiloader is installed, it renames/moves this file by changing the first 0 to a 1, E.g. 00000078.app becomes 10000078.app. Then priiloader is copied in the original system menu location (e.g 00000078.app).

Any other app or menu requesting the system menu will now launch priiloader instead. But by default priiloader will just silently launch the actual system menu, kind of like a shortcut.

I agree with you that Priiloader is highly recommended, but technically it does move/rename the system menu
Ohhh I see, thanks for the rundown!

Reactions: XFlak and SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4