Priiloader v0.1(rev15) crashd during instal & killed systemenu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OhYa, Dec 24, 2009.

1. OhYa
    OP

Newcomer OhYa Member

United States
    Im modding a 4.2u (serial LU6)
    Bootmii is installed as an IOS

on the last 3 systems I did the installation of the Priiloader v0.1(rev15) crashed during install and wiped out the system menu
    so I had to restore the NAND and start over

So when I install priiloader I get Exception DSI occured
    after that I cant get to the systemmenu anymore, only preloader and bootmii
    This happend on 2 Wiis that I had bootmii installed as boot2,
    but the one im about to install is a LU6 and only has bootmii as an IOS

I have succesfully installed this priiloader on two other 4.2u Wiis a couple weeks ago
    (its the modify.zip from the sticky topic mod any 4.2)

1) is there a new version of priiloader?

2) is there a way to repair the system menu or am I stuck restoring the NAND?

3) if this happens on the one with bootmii as an IOS will I still be able to restore the NAND to recover from this?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    1) yes, see my thread here

2) if u can still access priiloader, u should still be able to access homebrew, and any apps u may need to fix ur wii (so the answer is yes, as long as u can access homebrew)

3) as long as u can access priiloader, u can then access bootmii as ios and do a nand restore, the only problem would be if u cannot access priiloader. If u can't access priiloader, and u don't have bootmii as boot2, u are bricked if u destroy your system menu (or system menu IOS)

3. OhYa
    OP

Newcomer OhYa Member

United States
    Thank you xflak40!

4. Obihoernchen

Newcomer Obihoernchen Member

Germany
    Hi!
    I have a big problem!

Black Wii v. 4.2E

First I softmodded my Wii and all was fine... I also installed BootMii as IOSand maked a nand backup. After I installed all things and all was correct I decided to install preloader. I installed Preloader 0.29 with Hacks.ini for 4.2. All went ok, but now I can't access systemmenu anymore AHHH Black Screen.
    Ok I decided to install Priiloader v0.1, because I have full access to hombrew channel and preloader!
    Installed priiloader v0.1 successfully.
    btw priiloader says:
    IOS 70
    Systemmenu v482

In Settings I tried Use systemmenu [ON], but If I try to start systemmenu --> black screen or sometimes autoboot error
    Now I tried OFF and IOS for SM [70], but I also doesnt work [​IMG]

Ok I decided to do a Nand restore. So I startet Bootmii IOS via priiloader. All works fine. Now I selected restore, but then Bootmii says:
    "Checking boot2 ....
    BootMii not found, too dangerous to continue! If your SD is corrupt or restore is interrupted, you will be enable to boot to fix it. If you are sure you want to do this, press A+B+X+Y otherwise press any key to exit."

What to do??
    Why bootmii says that there isn't bootmii? On my SD Card are these following files:
    Folder: bootmiiinstaller --> boot.elf
    Root: nand.bin (528MB), keys.bin
    Folder: bootmii with some files in it
    Folder: apps --> Folder bootmiiinstaller --> boot.elf

PS: Backup file was complete and all blocks were green!
    I googled and found out that this is only a warning, because bootmii is installed as IOS and not as boot2, but I didn't habe a gamecube controller! What should I do?

Or is there another way to install the systemmenu via homebrew channel?

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You could use NUS Downloader (PC app) to create a System Menu 4.2 WAD, and use WAD Manager (HBC program, download link) to install it.

6. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    @Obihoernchen:
    Get one. Note though that the IOS version should not be used for restoration unless absolutely necessary. Doing so can lead to bricking.

Priiloader is extremely buggy. There's a reason I'm still running the old 0.29...

7. Obihoernchen

Germany
    first thanks for your response!

What should I use Wad Manager or DOP-IOS MOD?

Here I found a patched IOS70 fpr priiloader http://www.wiihacks.com/software-backup-lo...d-backup-2.html
    I installed it with wad manager
    After that i installed priiloader againg, but i doesn't work again
    mhh
    Now I'll try to install first modded IOS70, then new Systemmenut (482) and then priiloader again right?
    and which tool? WAD Manager or DOP IOS MOd ?

8. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Correct.

I'd go with Dop-IOS MOD since it's more user-friendly than dealing with WADs. (I totally forgot Dop-IOS MOD installed channels and System Menus. [​IMG])

9. Obihoernchen

Germany
    thanks

Nevertheless I aldready installed IOS70patched and IOS 482 (4.2E) with Wad Manager 1.4 and I used IOS249 right?
    After that I installed Priiloader. But something was strange ant the installation priiloaders says: priiloader is not installed moving system menu or something like this...
    So i think maybe priiloader is the problem, but I'm scared of not installing priiloader ... Priiloader says installing in IOS36 or something like this. Is that right?
    Because if it doesn't start then AHHH

Now I'll try to use DOP IOS Mod
    Should I use other IOS then 249 to install ?

10. Obihoernchen

Germany
    oh yeah finally I get it [​IMG]

I had to do the following things:

1. Install Patched IOS70 see: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...stem-menus.html via WAD Manager with IOS249
    2. Install Systemmenu 4.2 with WAD Manager witg IOS249
    3. Install Priiloader 0.2 (see IOS70 link) ! With Pressed B and + then Its installed with IOS 249 insted of 36
    And now its working again [​IMG]

Thanks for all your great help!