OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im modding a 4.2u (serial LU6)
Bootmii is installed as an IOS

on the last 3 systems I did the installation of the Priiloader v0.1(rev15) crashed during install and wiped out the system menu
so I had to restore the NAND and start over

So when I install priiloader I get Exception DSI occured
after that I cant get to the systemmenu anymore, only preloader and bootmii
This happend on 2 Wiis that I had bootmii installed as boot2,
but the one im about to install is a LU6 and only has bootmii as an IOS

I have succesfully installed this priiloader on two other 4.2u Wiis a couple weeks ago
(its the modify.zip from the sticky topic mod any 4.2)

1) is there a new version of priiloader?

2) is there a way to repair the system menu or am I stuck restoring the NAND?

3) if this happens on the one with bootmii as an IOS will I still be able to restore the NAND to recover from this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1) yes, see my thread here

2) if u can still access priiloader, u should still be able to access homebrew, and any apps u may need to fix ur wii (so the answer is yes, as long as u can access homebrew)

3) as long as u can access priiloader, u can then access bootmii as ios and do a nand restore, the only problem would be if u cannot access priiloader. If u can't access priiloader, and u don't have bootmii as boot2, u are bricked if u destroy your system menu (or system menu IOS)

OhYa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
1) yes, see my thread here

2) if u can still access priiloader, u should still be able to access homebrew, and any apps u may need to fix ur wii (so the answer is yes, as long as u can access homebrew)

3) as long as u can access priiloader, u can then access bootmii as ios and do a nand restore, the only problem would be if u cannot access priiloader. If u can't access priiloader, and u don't have bootmii as boot2, u are bricked if u destroy your system menu (or system menu IOS)

Thank you xflak40!

Obihoernchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!
I have a big problem!

Black Wii v. 4.2E

First I softmodded my Wii and all was fine... I also installed BootMii as IOSand maked a nand backup. After I installed all things and all was correct I decided to install preloader. I installed Preloader 0.29 with Hacks.ini for 4.2. All went ok, but now I can't access systemmenu anymore AHHH Black Screen.
Ok I decided to install Priiloader v0.1, because I have full access to hombrew channel and preloader!
Installed priiloader v0.1 successfully.
btw priiloader says:
IOS 70
Systemmenu v482

In Settings I tried Use systemmenu [ON], but If I try to start systemmenu --> black screen or sometimes autoboot error
Now I tried OFF and IOS for SM [70], but I also doesnt work
frown.gif

Ok I decided to do a Nand restore. So I startet Bootmii IOS via priiloader. All works fine. Now I selected restore, but then Bootmii says:
"Checking boot2 ....
BootMii not found, too dangerous to continue! If your SD is corrupt or restore is interrupted, you will be enable to boot to fix it. If you are sure you want to do this, press A+B+X+Y otherwise press any key to exit."

What to do??
Why bootmii says that there isn't bootmii? On my SD Card are these following files:
Folder: bootmiiinstaller --> boot.elf
Root: nand.bin (528MB), keys.bin
Folder: bootmii with some files in it
Folder: apps --> Folder bootmiiinstaller --> boot.elf

PS: Backup file was complete and all blocks were green!
I googled and found out that this is only a warning, because bootmii is installed as IOS and not as boot2, but I didn't habe a gamecube controller! What should I do?

Or is there another way to install the systemmenu via homebrew channel?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Obihoernchen:
QUOTE said:
Or is there another way to install the systemmenu via homebrew channel?
DOP-IOS MOD. Be sure to install the SAME menu you have now. v482 is 4.2E. Installing another menu will brick.

QUOTEbut I didn't habe a gamecube controller! What should I do?
Get one. Note though that the IOS version should not be used for restoration unless absolutely necessary. Doing so can lead to bricking.

Priiloader is extremely buggy. There's a reason I'm still running the old 0.29...

Obihoernchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
first thanks for your response!

What should I use Wad Manager or DOP-IOS MOD?

Here I found a patched IOS70 fpr priiloader http://www.wiihacks.com/software-backup-lo...d-backup-2.html
I installed it with wad manager
After that i installed priiloader againg, but i doesn't work again
mhh
Now I'll try to install first modded IOS70, then new Systemmenut (482) and then priiloader again right?
and which tool? WAD Manager or DOP IOS MOd ?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Obihoernchen said:
Now I'll try to install first modded IOS70, then new Systemmenut (482) and then priiloader again right?
Correct.

I'd go with Dop-IOS MOD since it's more user-friendly than dealing with WADs. (I totally forgot Dop-IOS MOD installed channels and System Menus.
tongue.gif
)

Obihoernchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dialexio said:
Obihoernchen said:
Correct.

I'd go with Dop-IOS MOD since it's more user-friendly than dealing with WADs. (I totally forgot Dop-IOS MOD installed channels and System Menus.
tongue.gif
)
thanks

Nevertheless I aldready installed IOS70patched and IOS 482 (4.2E) with Wad Manager 1.4 and I used IOS249 right?
After that I installed Priiloader. But something was strange ant the installation priiloaders says: priiloader is not installed moving system menu or something like this...
So i think maybe priiloader is the problem, but I'm scared of not installing priiloader ... Priiloader says installing in IOS36 or something like this. Is that right?
Because if it doesn't start then AHHH

Now I'll try to use DOP IOS Mod
Should I use other IOS then 249 to install ?

Obihoernchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh yeah finally I get it
smile.gif

I had to do the following things:

1. Install Patched IOS70 see: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...stem-menus.html via WAD Manager with IOS249
2. Install Systemmenu 4.2 with WAD Manager witg IOS249
3. Install Priiloader 0.2 (see IOS70 link) ! With Pressed B and + then Its installed with IOS 249 insted of 36
And now its working again
smile.gif

Thanks for all your great help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro