Hacking Priiloader stopped booting/working!

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was helping my friend install a wii theme with a wad and it worked fine. the black theme works but all of a sudden priiloader stopped working/booting (i had it installed earlier and it was working fine before)! please help! my friend wants to play an official disk of black ops but its not working because its asking for a wii update and ive heard updating will remove homebrew or brick.

also his wii is 4.3u but we downgraded it to 4.1u when i followed this guide on how to hack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXVsSsXf4Gs

any help is really appreciated just to make priiloader worked again. it also wouldn't let me reinstall it.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
milkywaygalaxy said:
I was helping my friend install a wii theme with a wad and it worked fine. the black theme works but all of a sudden priiloader stopped working/booting (i had it installed earlier and it was working fine before)! please help! my friend wants to play an official disk of black ops but its not working because its asking for a wii update and ive heard updating will remove homebrew or brick.

also his wii is 4.3u but we downgraded it to 4.1u when i followed this guide on how to hack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXVsSsXf4Gs

any help is really appreciated just to make priiloader worked again. it also wouldn't let me reinstall it.
when u install a new wii theme, it overwrites priiloader. just re install
tongue.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
milkywaygalaxy said:
also his wii is 4.3u but we downgraded it to 4.1u when i followed this guide on how to hack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXVsSsXf4Gs.
I hate the guy who makes those videos. He steals people's guides, and the ones he actually makes often brick Wii's. Follow ModMii on here to resoftmod. Tell it your Wii is a virgin.

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDreamLord:

I tried doing it but it gave me this error that was something like "iosspaghetti (ios is infected) aborting mission" or something like that. How can i innstall it and bypass that?

lol sorry i dont know how to do a reply to your quote. xD

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
milkywaygalaxy said:
TheDreamLord:

I tried doing it but it gave me this error that was something like "iosspaghetti (ios is infected) aborting mission" or something like that. How can i innstall it and bypass that?

You need to follow ModMii instead of that punk's bricking recipe.

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
also his wii is 4.3u but we downgraded it to 4.1u when i followed this guide on how to hack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXVsSsXf4Gs.
I hate the guy who makes those videos. He steals people's guides, and the ones he actually makes often brick Wii's. Follow ModMii on here to resoftmod. Tell it your Wii is a virgin.

im not sure if its virgin but i think i installed darkcorp with his guide. i think im screwed

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
milkywaygalaxy said:
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:

im not sure if its virgin but i think i installed darkcorp with his guide. i think im screwed
It doesn't matter. You need to get rid of the crap that his guide installed. Telling ModMii your Wii is a virgin Wii will fix it because it will overwrite everything.

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
TheDreamLord:

Also I think I've got some useful info: I think my friend's wii is one of those newer ones so is that why we couldn't play wii backup discs after i installed darkcorp and even through neogamma?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
milkywaygalaxy said:
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
TheDreamLord:

Also I think I've got some useful info: I think my friend's wii is one of those newer ones so is that why we couldn't play wii backup discs after i installed darkcorp and even through neogamma?
Yes.

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:

It doesn't matter. You need to get rid of the crap that his guide installed. Telling ModMii your Wii is a virgin Wii will fix it because it will overwrite everything.

okay thanks. by the way, whats this modmii thing you're saying and how can i install it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
milkywaygalaxy said:
TheDreamLord said:
milkywaygalaxy said:

tongue.gif
TheDreamLord:

Installing a new theme doesn't uninstall priiloader; however, installing a whole new system menu does. If u installed a themed system menu wad, that is what uninstalled priiloader.

Anyways, Joostin had it right, use ModMii, it will answer all your questions before u even ask them.

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
TheDreamLord:

Yes.

and also do channel forwarders work on the new wiis

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
TheDreamLord said:
milkywaygalaxy said:

tongue.gif
TheDreamLord:

Installing a new theme doesn't uninstall priiloader; however, installing a whole new system menu does. If u installed a themed system menu wad, that is what uninstalled priiloader.

Anyways, Joostin had it right, use ModMii, it will answer all your questions before u even ask them.

Thanks guys. One last thing: What's this ModMii thing and where and how can I donwload it?

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
Yes they do.

Really? Cuz I tried making one of those custom channels for the USB loader that worked fine on my wii but when i tried it on his it just stops on a blank screen and i have to turn of the wii and turn it back. and also the usb loader channel didn't work and did the smae thing...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
milkywaygalaxy said:
Thanks guys. One last thing: What's this ModMii thing and where and how can I donwload it?
ModMii is a Wii softmodding tool which is easy to use for beginners and experts alike. It's currently the most widely recommended way to softmod any Wii and has never once bricked a Wii. It runs on windows, and will generate a guide for you to follow based on your answers to a few simple questions, and it's capable of much much more, so much that you'll probably never use it's more advanced features, at least not until u get the basics figured out.

It's stickied at the top of the Wii Hacking Forum, or visit www.tinyurl.com\ModMiiNow or click the link in my signature... or hell, just google it

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
milkywaygalaxy said:
JoostinOnline said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
Yes they do.

Really? Cuz I tried making one of those custom channels for the USB loader that worked fine on my wii but when i tried it on his it just stops on a blank screen and i have to turn of the wii and turn it back. and also the usb loader channel didn't work and did the smae thing...
You tried making your own channel? You are really getting ahead of yourself. Stick with official channels.

milkywaygalaxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
milkywaygalaxy said:
ModMii is a Wii softmodding tool which is easy to use for beginners and experts alike. It's currently the most widely recommended way to softmod any Wii and has never once bricked a Wii. It runs on windows, and will generate a guide for you to follow based on your answers to a few simple questions, and it's capable of much much more, so much that you'll probably never use it's more advanced features, at least not until u get the basics figured out.

It's stickied at the top of the Wii Hacking Forum, or visit www.tinyurl.com\ModMiiNow or click the link in my signature... or hell, just google it

thanks
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative