icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just hacked a friends wii and tried installing priiloader rev15.

I used xzxero guide and was already on 4.2U when updating.

Tried the first time to install priiloader and got a code dump.
Tried the second time and it installed just fine.
I applied the hacks i wanted and changed autoboot/return to SYSTEM MENU.

But now when i try to load the system menu through priiloader it just stays in preloader.
Same thing happens when turning the wii off and then back on.
Automatically boots into preloader.I don't have to hold the reset button.

I tried uninstalling and it failed every time i tried.

I then installed a different version of preloader(.29 JODI) and got the same results only this time it has an error message displayed that says
failed to boot system menu and said something about the system.ini being wrong.

Also tried uninstalling the .29 JODI version and it failed as well.

I finally got rid of it by reinstalling the system menu wad for my region.
Im now using star patch instead to get the hacks i wanted but i just wanna know why/what was causing this.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your Priiloader install is buggy. I have tested it while in beta and never experienced any problems with it.

Stick with Preloader 0.30 or Startpatch if you experiencing problems with Priiloader.

Drop Daco a PM, he´ll look into it, maybe he can find the problem.

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not my wii but i wanted it installed for extra protection in case the original owner of it does something stupid.

Like i said i got rid of it by installing a system menu wad of my region so priiloader is gone from the system now and i used starpatch to get the hacks i wanted on there.

It also has bootmii as boot2 with a nand backup made already just in case the owner does something stupid.

I'm gonna PM Daco and link him to this message and see if he has any insight on the issue.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
remove priiloader using the installer. reboot wii if the uninstallation went fine otherwise use system menu wad or a program to reinstall system menu
if priiloader still boots i know what is wrong

also, when will people learn that code dumps = SCREENSHOT FOR THE DEV >_>

im guessing the code dump happend in a critical part of the installation (if only you had taken a screenshot of the code dump or had an usbgecko...)

EDIT: also, when installing the second time, did it say it detected priiloader?

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried removing it with the uninstaller i press - on the wiiremote and it went through some things then said priiloader could not be uninstalled.

I used the system menu wad to get rid of it eventually.

And it didn't code dump when i tried installing it.It code dumped when i selected it to load from the HBC.After restarting the wii and selecting it again it worked fine.It never code dumped once priiloader was open.

EDIT: Yes it did detect priiloader on the 2nd install.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
right, so its priiloader itself and not the installation...

also, what ya mean it can not be uninstalled?

here is the uninstall code, go tell me what error it gave
CODEprintf("ÂÂChecking for preloader...\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfd = ISFS_Open(load,ISFS_OPEN_RW);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (fd < 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂabort("Preloader not found");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂelse
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("ÂÂPreloader installation found, restoring the system menu.\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Delete(file);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (nand_copy(load,file) < 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Close(fd);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_CreateFile(file,0,3,3,3);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfd = ISFS_Open(file,ISFS_OPEN_RW);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Write(fd,priiloader_app,priiloader_app_size);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂabort("Unable to restore the system menu");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂelse
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("ÂÂDone!\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Delete(load);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Delete("/title/00000001/00000002/data/loader.ini");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//its best we delete that ticket altho its completely useless lol
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Delete("/title/00000001/00000002/content/ticket");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Delete("/title/00000001/00000002/data/hacks_s.ini");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Delete("/title/00000001/00000002/data/hacks.ini");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Delete("/title/00000001/00000002/data/main.bin");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("ÂÂRemoval done, exiting to loader... waiting 5s...\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Deinitialize();
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ__ES_Close();
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsleep(5);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂexit(0);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Already gave the wii back to it's owner so i can't try anything else out on it.I was just curious is all.

The owner doesn't even know what i installed on it really all they know is it plays burnt discs now lol

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used a previous version of preloader on my wii and it worked fine.
I believe it was .30 rev 3 or rev 4 and it works fine.

The error message it gave when i tried the .30 JODI version was something about the system.ini not being there or not being right or something.Couldn't see the whole thing because the text was going off the screen.

This was the first time i used anything newer.If i had more time to play around with it i would have tried to get it working but they wanted it back as soon as possible so i just reinstalled the system menu and used starpatch to get the desired hacks.

No harm done i got it uninstalled just fine and the owner will not even use the HBC anyway so there's no chance of something bad happening.

Plus it has bootmii as boot2 with a backup of the nand already stored away for safe keeping.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. 4.2U. Attempted a few preloader 0.30 installs before, but always bugged out.

Tried priiloader and it code dumped once, then installed. But system menu wouldn't load no matter what.

Used dop ios mod to reinstall system menu 4.2.

Then, installed priiloader again and it went without a hitch.

D

darklocust

I couldn't get it to install using IOS36 as I didn't have it trucha and es patched. If I did, HBC would be upside down so I held the B button then pressed (+). This will install it using IOS249. It worked!

The next problem was I couldn't get SM 4.2 to boot. I recopied the SM 4.2U hacks.ini from this page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks#USA_4.2 to the root of my SD card. Also, in the Settings page, make sure you have "Use System Menu IOS" to ON.

I'm on SM 4.2 with only the following custom/patched IOS, the rest of the IOS' are untouched:
- IOS 60 TB/ES patched
- IOS 70 TB/ES patched
- CIOS 232 (For RB5)
- CIOS 249 (CIOS 38 r14)
- CIOS 250 (I think this a backup of 249)
- CIOS 254 (HackMii installer)

wii_kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ziddey said:
I had the same problem. 4.2U. Attempted a few preloader 0.30 installs before, but always bugged out.

Tried priiloader and it code dumped once, then installed. But system menu wouldn't load no matter what.

Used dop ios mod to reinstall system menu 4.2.

Then, installed priiloader again and it went without a hitch.

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem and I am noob in softmod, could you explain in details the steps to use dop ios to re-install SM4.2.
What files do I need, and how shld I proceed.

Appreciate any help!
Thanks

vgadola

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem. After the code dump in the installation i tried to uninstall priiloader an the only thing i got out of it, was this message: Sorry but the princess its in another castle(LOL?). Hope it helps you Daco. I restored the system menu, then reinstalled priiloader and all worked flawlessly. I think the key here it's: what did we all did to the system menu that made priiloader fail?(i assume that it was to the system menu, because after installing a "virgin" system menu, priiloader worked). The only thing i can relate that i did, was patch the system menu ios 70 with dop ios, using cios36, to run wads from sd.
Now, i got the next doubts: Did i lost the patch in ios 70 with the reinstall of the system menu? Did i lost something else?
It is secure to install again the patch to ios 70 or would that break everything again ?

vgadola

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i didnt knew that. It seems that i pushed that one accidentally.
All the same, the issue was there. I couldnt enter the system menu, regardless of the uninstallation of Priiloader. Today im going to softmod a friend's wii and im going to take the same steps. If i got the same dump code im going to take a picture to help you. About the dopios and ios 70 install doubts of my last post, whats your opinion?

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
vgadola said:
Sorry i didnt knew that. It seems that i pushed that one accidentally.
All the same, the issue was there. I couldnt enter the system menu, regardless of the uninstallation of Priiloader. Today im going to softmod a friend's wii and im going to take the same steps. If i got the same dump code im going to take a picture to help you. About the dopios and ios 70 install doubts of my last post, whats your opinion?
a single wad shouldnt change 2 titles
not even the system menu wad. what does change the ios usage is the system menu you are installing
4.2 uses 70. if you downgrade to 4.1 (which is a dumb move) after having 4.2 it wont use 70 anymore
it'll use 60
and therefor a patched ios70 is useless cause its not using it.

also, its the installer that code dumped right? and not priiloader? (and a picture of the DSI would be very nice! also, knowing how the 00000001/00000002/data & 00000001/00000002/content folder look like would also be very nice )

afreshboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this same issue. I'm trying to use dop ios mod v8 to reinstall sm4.2 but i need some help. It asks which IOS I would like to use to install other IOSs. Can someone help me with reinstalling the sm4.2?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"