Hacking Priiloader install problem

vgadola

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the dump was on the install. Sorry but i spoke to much to my friend so he chikened out. He didnt installed priiload. The only thing i can do to help you its tell you the steps i took to have the error:
The system menu was a virgin 4.2U. FIrst i installed the trucha bug, then the wanikokos cios and then the hermes cios. The I patched the ios 70(System menu as you know) using ios 36(the one i trucha-buged) to run wads from SD card menu. Then i installed priiloader for security cause my wii was lu64+(couldnt install bootmii in boot2). Then, in the priiload install, the dump code and the exception took place. So, i restarted the wii and the priiloader screen appeared as normal, the isuue was that attempting to enter system menu only made the screen flicker. So using wad manager i installed the same ssytem menu i had, then i installed priiloader again whitout issues. This i think its important. Why the code dump then and now with the system menu just reinstalled, the issue gone? what's the difference between both? the patched ios 70? Perhaps that differendce determines if the exception take place or not.

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vgadola said:
So using wad manager i installed the same ssytem menu i had, then i installed priiloader again whitout issues.

Vgadola,

I am having the exact same problem with my System Menu and Priiloader.

Do I need to put the System Menu-NUS-v481.wad from the update.zip in xzxero simplisticmod guide back on the SD to load from the WAD Manager?

Thanks in advance!

Abner

chuckev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this helps give any insight to the issue with priiloader boot, but I found if the wii console is turned off when powered on priiloader boots but if the console is in standby then it will boot to system menu.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
chuckev said:
Not sure if this helps give any insight to the issue with priiloader boot, but I found if the wii console is turned off when powered on priiloader boots but if the console is in standby then it will boot to system menu.
that is a completely different issue
your issue will be fixed in the soon to come 0.3

this issue is still there lurking the hell out of me >_>

Marc1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had the same problem, i had set my backup back ( bootmii ) and try it again... I've no code dump... Everything wat allright!
But how can i switch to the black background?

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
black background is in the other settings
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users