Homebrew Priiloader for 3DS?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen another thread with a similar subject but its not been edited in quite a while. I'm wondering if it would be possible to replace the home menu app in emuNand with another app or a forwarder app so that instead of going straight to the Home Menu when emuNand is started it runs another app instead (one injected into emuNand or one on the sd card, hence the forwarder) in the same way that priiloader worked on the wii. As i'm talking about emuNand only this could be a safe mod and it could be the way forward for those of us on higher than ver 10+ emuNand firmware. It would negate the need to use cubic ninja cia as homebrew launcher entry point for emuNand and could pave the way for some very good home menu replacements/loaders (3DS Flow anyone?). We can decrypt our emunand and mount it as storage, rename the home menu app and inject an app to replace the home menu re-encrypt and flash emuNand back. How about a very simple app that does something like this:

check if sd:/home_mod.3dsx exists
if true run it
if not exist run the renamed home menu app

You could have trigger keys also so that it only runs the modded app if a button is held down. Or vice-versa only runs home menu if button is held.

Anyone up for the challenge. Is this even possible? Could someone at least point me in the right direction so I can take on the challenge myself. What is the title id of the home menu for each region. I will try and replace the app with another app already installed like mset just to see if it automatically starts systems settings when starting emuNand.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this, fuck homebrew. Piracy is far more important imho.
Its like we are the same....

EVERYBODY MUST PIRATE GAMES! NEVER BUY EM' JUST WAIT FOR THE NOOBS TO EXTRACT THE ROM FROM IT SO WE CAN GET IT FREE!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh right, priiloader thing

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Theme Hax is a different ball game. It works by modding the theme so that when the theme is loaded (which happens to be before the home menu) it loads a 3dsx file instead. I am talking about a complete replacement for the home menu app itself (a bit like IRshell on PSP). Also major drawback to theme hax is it cannot be used on the most up to date firmwares so its kind of redundant for using on emu NAND 10.3.0-28.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but it's still the closest thing out to what you want even if it isn't the same thing technically.
ThemeHax doesn't work on newest firmwares so while its great for using on my 9.2 sysNand to get me into rxTools autoboot emuNand. If I want to use homebrew on emunand I have to use cubic ninja cia every time to get to homebrew launcher or mashers grid launcher. Anyway I know what I want to accomplish. The point I am making is while there is a lot of risk f**king with the sysNand there is little to no risk tampering and experimenting with emuNand especially if like me you backup everything. And in regards to those of you that don't give a s**t about homebrew. WAKEUP! The piracy scene would be non existent if not for homebrew.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ThemeHax doesn't work on newest firmwares so while its great for using on my 9.2 sysNand to get me into rxTools autoboot emuNand. If I want to use homebrew on emunand I have to use cubic ninja cia every time to get to homebrew launcher or mashers grid launcher. Anyway I know what I want to accomplish. The point I am making is while there is a lot of risk f**king with the sysNand there is little to no risk tampering and experimenting with emuNand especially if like me you backup everything. And in regards to those of you that don't give a s**t about homebrew. WAKEUP! The piracy scene would be non existent if not for homebrew.

Just use a multibooter/boot manager like CtrBootManager. It'll load up to a menu and you just choose which you wish to use, rxTools or Homebrew. If you need to make a switch while using emuNand then just open system settings, exit out and initiate Themehax again.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just use a multibooter/boot manager like CtrBootManager. It'll load up to a menu and you just choose which you wish to use, rxTools or Homebrew. If you need to make a switch while using emuNand then just open system settings, exit out and initiate Themehax again.
ThemeHax does not work on firmware 10.3.0-28. My emuNand is fine for auto booting with themehax and rxTools. But if I want to use homebrew then it either has to be installed as cia which HANS or SVDT can not be or I have to use ninjhax from cubic ninja cia(might not bother most people but it irritates me that if I want to backup my emunand save games it takes me ages to get to SVDT on emuNand). I want an all in one app to replace the home menu something a bit like mashers grid launcher but with more whistles and bells.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like the idea of a home menu replacement on emunand (which, however you look at it, Menuhax is not).

Also, re having to load HBL to access svdt; SaveDataFiler is a CIA (I know svdt offers more options, just saying).

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Commits on Nov 13, 2015
yellows8 Added the menurop for v10.3 which was automatically built when the v1…
…0.3 homemenu title was automatically downloaded @ sysupdate release. Added some defines used with custom-themes to prebuilt_menurop for certain regions/versions, which was previously missing.

Just because everyone is too lazy to build your own, doesn't mean it's not compatible with 10.3. And if you're talking about emunand, is there a problem with using Ninjhax 2.5 from either a CN cart, or .cia? It's compatible with 10.3 as well you know.

Also, I haven't tried BootCTR, but ctrbootmanager can directly load a .3dsx file or an arm9 payload. What more do you want? There are other things out there like Brahma2Loader HLC and GL.

Last edited by urherenow,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ThemeHax does not work on firmware I10.3.0-28. My emuNand is fine for auto booting with themehax and rxTools. But if I want to use homebrew then it either has to be installed as cia which HANS or SVDT can not be or I have to use ninjhax from cubic ninja cia(might not bother most people but it irritates me that if I want to backup my emunand save games it takes me ages to get to SVDT on emuNand). I want an all in one app to replace the home menu something a bit like mashers grid launcher but with more whistles and bells.

If you're already accessing 10.3 emuNand through a 9.2 sysNand it doesn't matter that Themehax doesn't work on your emuNand. What this does is instead of coldbooting your system to rxTools, it brings you to a menu that lets you choose which you wish to use; Homebrew or rxTools.

Assuming however you wish to use homebrew while in your emuNand, there's not much to be done. You might want to keep your eye out on this project though. It's not done yet but sounds similar to what you want.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,
D

Deleted-236924

Just because everyone is too lazy to build your own, doesn't mean it's not compatible with 10.3. And if you're talking about emunand, is there a problem with using Ninjhax 2.5 from either a CN cart, or .cia? It's compatible with 10.3 as well you know.

Also, I haven't tried BootCTR, but ctrbootmanager can directly load a .3dsx file or an arm9 payload. What more do you want? There are other things out there like Brahma2Loader HLC and GL.
The vulnerability for menuhax was fixed in 10.2
Even if menurop exists for 10.2 and 10.3, it cannot actually be used for menuhax.

https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/commit/4e4c640294f9dff37c67f87234c6c3a4ce2e629d

"Added notes regarding v10.2 and added the menurop for it since those were already built anyway(which will result in themehax being built for v10.2 even though it's not supported)"

It's the same thing for 10.3

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vulnerability for menuhax was fixed in 10.2
Even if menurop exists for 10.2 and 10.3, it cannot actually be used for menuhax.

https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/commit/4e4c640294f9dff37c67f87234c6c3a4ce2e629d

"Added notes regarding v10.2 and added the menurop for it since those were already built anyway(which will result in themehax being built for v10.2 even though it's not supported)"

It's the same thing for 10.3
Not on a 10.3 sysnand. On emunand it should work since you're still using the 9.9 kernel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E