Gaming pressing the d-pad shuts the LCD

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I just received my uncle's PSP 2001 and he said that when you press the dpad in any direction, it shuts off the unit. I noticed that it's the LCD because you can hear the clicks of the PSP when you press the dpad on the menu. WHat can I do? Is this easily repairable or do i need to buy a spare part that'll cost me thousands of Philippine pesos?

*Php 49 = US$

my repair limit budget is Pp 2,000

The PSP 2001 can be accessed but you must do any dpad combo like Left+up or down+right. I can play games using soft button touch but playing Tekken, for example, may shuts off the LCD

UPDATE: Pressing the LCD shuts off the LCD. must be the connectors or something

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like the connectors for the LCD. Try opening the PSP and checking all the connections to make sure they're snug. If a cable's loose, fit it in tighter. If it's broken, order a new LCD or cable set if you can find it on its own.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
yes. you can see a series of lines on the screen when pressed.

I also noticed it has been opened by a third party or sony, dunno. it's from texas and my uncle told me that when you have a broken gadget, americans throw it away. I felt sorry for the expensive overpriced piece of shit by sony so Im willing to have it repaired at under US$50 in my country.

if it's a loose cable, i'll do it myself. if it's an LCD, How much is an PSP 2000 LCD?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I opened the PSP upto the front shell and I noticed some 0_o wirings. I dunno if it's been mis-handled or it's as-is. the LCD is loosed and it has no lock.

Like I said, the PSP has been touched in the US and I dont know who opened it.

I hope it's that only being replaced and no more. other wise, I'll stick with a sensitive PSP or give it away as a replacement for the one I broke from my uncle. I think it needs a new motherboard but it's originally TA-088v3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo