Premiere date for Netflix's 'Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness' animated series revealed

resi netflix.PNG

After Resident Evil Village, we will soon have some new Resident Evil content to consume. But it won't be a new video game, but rather a new CGI animated series from Netflix. Titled Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness, it follows Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield in their new, zombie-fending adventures following the events of Resident Evil 4. Netflix released a new trailer for the upcoming show in which the premiere date was also revealed:

Below is a plot summary, courtesy of Engadget:

Six years ago (2000), the helicopter belonging to the U.S. special forces who were intervening in the Penamstan civil war fell from the sky. The U.S. Army Mad Dogs, who were in the same battleground, refused orders from the command center to stand their ground and instead went to save survivors of the crash. However, the special forces were already annihilated. The Mad Dogs, led by their captain Jason, were also forced to escape in order to survive. However, in that place, Jason and his unit saw the supposedly dead special forces moving in strange ways...

In the present (2006), a hacking incident occurs on a top secret White House file. Four agents, including Leon S. Kennedy and Jason, the “Hero of Penamstan,” are invited to the White House to investigate this incident. However, when the lights suddenly go out, they are forced to take down a horde of mysterious zombies alongside the SWAT team. Afterward, the top secret file is found to be related to a biology laboratory in Shanghai, which Leon and the other three agents decide to investigate for clues. As they head to Shanghai in a cutting-edge submarine, a swarm of rat-like Bio Organic Weapons (B.O.W.) suddenly attacks, pushing them into a life-or-death situation.

Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness airs this July 8th on Netflix.

:arrow: SOURCE

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK...so Capcom is milking the Resident Evil license on things it simply doesn't shine the best at. Especially since its set to happen between RE4 and RE5, and possibly RE4 and RE Revelations 1 depending on how much of a shit you give about the lore of a series that will keep getting sequel after sequels until Chris has become Not-Kenshiro, and is fighting a cult who makes a virus called the A-Virus, with their God being Asura from Asura's Wrath.

Reactions: RyRyIV and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Do you know where the root of terror comes from? It starts with fear." :rofl:

Had to turn on subtitles and replay that bit to make sure I heard right. Thought Capcom might've let somebody else have some creative freedom with this series, but nah they must have written every word of it themselves. So hacky.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems nice.

Visual wise it seems like Gantz:O which is a massive plus.

As a fan of RE, i will hold judgement until i see it, instead of just saying it "sucks" like most comments..

Reactions: smallissue

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if it wasn't on Netflix... you know they're going to ruin it completely. Just like with Death Note

Ummmm. Directed by Eiichiro Hasumi. Produced by TMS Entertainment. Animation by Quebico. How is Netflix going to ruin it? They have nothing to do with it outside of it being a Netflix exclusive series. It's also an original story/sequel done with cgi and not a live action Hollywood-type American remake like Death Note was, so imo that's another unjust comparison.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't realized that they have already made some animated movies before.
I have seen them all now (recently saw the more recent effort).

Probably better than the live action sequels (I have some fondness for the first couple of films there) but that is not a terribly high bar. Definitely a "for fans only" type deal, though I could almost see introducing the series with a couple of them to someone you think would be up for it.

Curious to see what Netflix will do here. Have not really got any thoughts on their past animation efforts (granted my main viewing of anything there was Sturgill Simpson's extended music video which was great but not really a narrative thing) and their otherwise original stuff is seriously hit and miss but could be something. Animation in that trailer was a bit cheap on lighting (albeit the darkness sections were better) and rigging but as I am literally in the paragraph above saying I did not mind the previous RE animated efforts* then I am sure I can overlook what is otherwise pretty serviceable in that

*low hanging fruit perhaps but example

wiitendo84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen them all now (recently saw the more recent effort).

Probably better than the live action sequels (I have some fondness for the first couple of films there) but that is not a terribly high bar. Definitely a "for fans only" type deal, though I could almost see introducing the series with a couple of them to someone you think would be up for it.

Curious to see what Netflix will do here. Have not really got any thoughts on their past animation efforts (granted my main viewing of anything there was Sturgill Simpson's extended music video which was great but not really a narrative thing) and their otherwise original stuff is seriously hit and miss but could be something. Animation in that trailer was a bit cheap on lighting (albeit the darkness sections were better) and rigging but as I am literally in the paragraph above saying I did not mind the previous RE animated efforts* then I am sure I can overlook what is otherwise pretty serviceable in that

*low hanging fruit perhaps but example

Nothing to see here, just randomly killing civilians.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: