Hacking Preloader -> black screen on game load

ICANSEEYOU7687

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my favorite wii game (super smash bros!) is still working but there are a couple characters that when I try to play crashes the game...

So i got bootmii installed and homebrew channel, and now I have preloader working great. I also now have a copied disc successfully playing loading and showing up in the wii menu, but once I hit the start button, I get a black screen. I have messed with the setting (the one about make the screen go black on system startup is disabled obviously, even though that has nothing to do with loading the game haha)

but if anyone has some input on this I would very much appreciate it. I have searched the forums and google and could not find exactly my problem. (things like black screen on wii startup, etc... but not while loading a game)

ICANSEEYOU7687

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya im pretty sure, I recently got the lastest one and updated it to get bootmii and homebrew on there.

*edit*

I google searched and found IOS36 rev 10 and I installed it, still same problem

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long are you waiting? I've noticed that many games stay on a black screen longer than usual on SM2.4 but they are still loading. wait a minute...

What IOS is your SM set to use in preloader settings?
Are you using the 'force discs to use IOS249' hack?

Most black screens while loading a game come from the game trying to load an IOS that you don't have installed (like 55, 56 or 57). This shouldn't happen with a game as old as SSBB...

Have you tried the retail disc since you installed the older cIOS? Dual layer support is supposedly broken in the latest cIOSrev14 and installing rev10 may have fixed it for you. I've always been able to run the game but I guess I've never played it long enough to have to read anything from the second layer...

EDIT 3 or 4...: Also try installing the latest IOS36 without patches using DoP-IOS (for retail disc) and see if that takes care of your problem. If you're trying the copy from the disc menu install the wad of IOS36 from cIOSCORP. Don't confuse IOS36 with cIOS36 (which is IOS249).

GDW-Errol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to load the game with USB Loader from Waninkoko. ( But then you need an USB Stick or
SD card with 8GB or higher.) If you don't know how to us it. Google then: USB Loader Waninkoko guide. There will be one.
But use always Cios rev10. That is the best for USB Loader with Brawl. ( Or the the videos will by the most recent crash)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's funny... I play from the disc channel and videos don't crash. They slow down and studder at times but not so bad.

ICANSEEYOU7687

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have preloader set to use IOS 60.
No I do not use the "force discs to use 249" wouldnt that be counter-productive?

and yes, my retail disc does still work fine. (well minus the characters that make the game crash, haha)

I have waited several minutes and it did not seem to load. I can wait longer. But after the screen goes black the wii still sounds like its loading the files from the dvd.

I will check google for the IOS36, I didnt know IOS36 and cIOS36 where different. thanks for the replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??