OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
OSW said:
Is it difficult to make a system menu patch for loading backups from disk channel?
This was brought up in another topic, as we have waninkokos system menu patcher source which shows the patches it makes to system menu.
You could patch the system menu to use a cIOS (eg 249) but not without issues:
1) if that cIOS got deleted either by you or by a Nintendo update then you'd be semi-bricked
2) it wouldn't help you with games that require a specific IOS in order to play

If you're not bothered about 2) then its simpler to install just IOS 30 from the cIOSCorp pack

1. Preloader allows you to unbrick easily.
2. Since it's an optional and temporary patch, we can easily turn it on and off in the preloader menu for more compatability
smile.gif

And I still prefer this way, abd just installing patched cIOS30 won't let us boot games (apart from games that use IOS30
smile.gif
)

On a side note, I'm having issues installing a custom healthii screen (same issue as many others
frown.gif
)

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
OSW said:
fishears said:
OSW said:
Is it difficult to make a system menu patch for loading backups from disk channel?
This was brought up in another topic, as we have waninkokos system menu patcher source which shows the patches it makes to system menu.
You could patch the system menu to use a cIOS (eg 249) but not without issues:
1) if that cIOS got deleted either by you or by a Nintendo update then you'd be semi-bricked
2) it wouldn't help you with games that require a specific IOS in order to play

If you're not bothered about 2) then its simpler to install just IOS 30 from the cIOSCorp pack

1. Preloader allows you to unbrick easily.
2. Since it's an optional and temporary patch, we can easily turn it on and off in the preloader menu for more compatability
smile.gif

And I still prefer this way, abd just installing patched cIOS30 won't let us boot games (apart from games that use IOS30
smile.gif
)

On a side note, I'm having issues installing a custom healthii screen (same issue as many others
frown.gif
)
I could well be wrong on this one but I thought that games used the current system menu's associated IOS to play (unless the game was coded to call a specific IOS).
WHAT?!? A moderator leading a thread off-topic - surely not
wink.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
I could well be wrong on this one but I thought that games used the current system menu's associated IOS to play (unless the game was coded to call a specific IOS).

This is not the case. Most if not all games are coded to use a specific IOS. Rockband2 for instance uses IOS37. Which is why when you load it through Gamma (which forces IOS249, a patched IOS36) there are issues with instrument support, and DLC not completely transferring from NAND to SD.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
afif95 said:
So, what are yeh waiting for?

OK ... here are my results:

*) if ignore standby is off, than the disk motor spins ALL THE TIME, while the Wii is in OFF/Standby mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*) when stop disc is ON than the disk is REALLY stopped (even in Sysmenu) meaning that it does not even detect it, as the disk motor never switches on. I do not know if that is intentional, as there are no descriptions of the settings.

Do others see this issues as well?

PS: Regarding the last line is ignored "bug" is there a newline at the end of your hacks.ini??
I guess no, so press enter at the last line and try again!

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
lurbi said:
afif95 said:
So, what are yeh waiting for?

OK ... here are my results:

*) if ignore standby is off, than the disk motor spins ALL THE TIME, while the Wii is in OFF/Standby mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*) when stop disc is ON than the disk is REALLY stopped (even in Sysmenu) meaning that it does not even detect it, as the disk motor never switches on. I do not know if that is intentional, as there are no descriptions of the settings.

Do others see this issues as well?

PS: Regarding the last line is ignored "bug" is there a newline at the end of your hacks.ini??
I guess no, so press enter at the last line and try again!
Yeah, I have the same problem as you with the disk motor spinning all the time too. Though I don't have the problem you do with the disk motor always being stopped if that option is enabled.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have any of these problems.
I take the disc out when I'm not playing.

Try it, you will be surprised! It works
laugh.gif

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lurbi said:
D-Jay said:
I don't have any of these problems.
I take the disc out when I'm not playing.

extremely funny!
And very helpful to squash bugs, if you simply ignore them!

rolleyes.gif

Be patient. Preloader is still in development. Not all of the bugs can be fixed with every new version.
Take it easy.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
D-Jay said:
Be patient. Preloader is still in development. Not all of the bugs can be fixed with every new version.
Take it easy.

I do not expect all bugs to be fixed.
I just wanted to point out a bug.

And you're comment was not helpfull at all
wink.gif
)

To be honest I'm quit surprised at how often updates come out for preloader, and how many features are added.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
one thing i was just thinking about..
so preloader renames the system menu and takes its place. If you want to delete preloader, you just reinstall the system menu. This will overwrite preloader. Makes sense, ok.
But what about the renamed system menu file? Is it still there then, like are there 2 copies of system menu then?

StarmanDX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem -- I have been playing with various mods on my Wii and decided I wanted to start fresh and follow a good guide.

So, I ran the format system memory command from my Wii (not the best idea), and now my Wii will only boot to the Preloader (I had just updated to 0.28). Trying to launch the System Menu gets "Error autobooting from systemmenu: Ticket not found" (or something similar to that, I don't have the exact message.) Obviously, the HBC gives the same message.

I tried to put the WAD Manager DOL file in the root directory and the Systemmenu-289.wad file in \wads on the SD card, and running it from the Preloader menu, but running it gives a DSI Exception. I tried doing the same with the old wad-installer from wakinoko, but it gives the DSI exception after pushing reset. I then tried to launch the HBC dol file as well, which also gives the DSI exception.

I have the semibrick fix disc and am about to order a GC controller, because I think the only way I can fix this now is to boot into rescue mode and have it launch the semibrick fix to overwrite the preloader.

Is there another way that doesn't involve me getting a GC controller? Can anyone recommend a different DOL, or a way to install the WAD with the system menu without having a DOL file?

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
StarmanDX said:
I have the semibrick fix disc and am about to order a GC controller, because I think the only way I can fix this now is to boot into rescue mode and have it launch the semibrick fix to overwrite the preloader.

I don't think that this will help.
rescue mode is only there on starfall.
GC controller will not help you in preloader.

try to start different WAD managers from SD-card.
That is IMHO your best bet.
(and than install sysmenu wad)

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lurbi said:
StarmanDX said:

I don't think that this will help.
rescue mode is only there on starfall.
GC controller will not help you in preloader.

try to start different WAD managers from SD-card.
That is IMHO your best bet.
(and than install sysmenu wad)

You can also run SaveMiiFrii. RescueMenu is still available. Put a Pad in GC-Slot 4 and hold the 4-way-digipad pressed (be sure you can push all of the 4 ways). Or easy use a dance mat for this.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what's generating that error? Is it Preloader? or the system menu?

I guess it has to be preloader if trying to run HBC (which I'm sure is gone now that he formatted) gives him the same/similar error. Wouldn't sysmenu complain about corrupt files instead and tell you to RTFM or call nintendo?

What you could try is getting a 00000042.app file. rename it to *.dol, have Preloader "install" that as it's "Installed File" and then try picking "Installed File" from the menu. I've successfully gotten it to load the sysmenu this way, but on an already working system, so YMMV.

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Super noob question

1. what is the easiest way of putting a new hack.ini file onto system. (i already have one on my wii but have updated it with HIC0.4 and need to change it for the one i have installed

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Littlegreenmen said:
Super noob question

1. what is the easiest way of putting a new hack.ini file onto system. (i already have one on my wii but have updated it with HIC0.4 and need to change it for the one i have installed

Run the hack remover. It will delete the hack.ini file from nand

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
Littlegreenmen said:
Super noob question

Run the hack remover. It will delete the hack.ini file from nand
thanks
also do i have to run preloader again to get the new hack.ini back on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper