• Views 38,257
  • Replies 261

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
one thing i was just thinking about..
so preloader renames the system menu and takes its place. If you want to delete preloader, you just reinstall the system menu. This will overwrite preloader. Makes sense, ok.
But what about the renamed system menu file? Is it still there then, like are there 2 copies of system menu then?
I want to know too. Because after installing preloader and then reinstalling the system menu I have atleast 1500 less blocks
frown.gif

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
kedest said:
one thing i was just thinking about..
so preloader renames the system menu and takes its place. If you want to delete preloader, you just reinstall the system menu. This will overwrite preloader. Makes sense, ok.
But what about the renamed system menu file? Is it still there then, like are there 2 copies of system menu then?
I want to know too. Because after installing preloader and then reinstalling the system menu I have atleast 1500 less blocks
frown.gif

Have you tried running the hacks.ini remover?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The standby patch is amazing!

Now I can use the news, weather and mario kart channel.

I used to think those channels were just crap, but they are actually pretty useful and slickly designed!

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OSW said:

I used to think those channels were just crap, but they are actually pretty useful and slickly designed!

Think so, too. Just the spinning-disc bug has to be fixed.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D-Jay said:
OSW said:

Think so, too. Just the spinning-disc bug has to be fixed.
So for right now, is it out of Crediar's hands to fix the standy patch issue where exiting from the HBC turns standby back on?

StarmanDX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
Anyone know what's generating that error? Is it Preloader? or the system menu?

I guess it has to be preloader if trying to run HBC (which I'm sure is gone now that he formatted) gives him the same/similar error. Wouldn't sysmenu complain about corrupt files instead and tell you to RTFM or call nintendo?

What you could try is getting a 00000042.app file. rename it to *.dol, have Preloader "install" that as it's "Installed File" and then try picking "Installed File" from the menu. I've successfully gotten it to load the sysmenu this way, but on an already working system, so YMMV.
It's the preloader; I can't get into the sysmenu at all. The DSI exceptions occur when trying to load HBC/Wad managers from the SD card (I know they're not still on the Wii.)

I did have Starfall installed on the Wii as well, so unless a format destroys that, I may be able to still use the rescue disc.

I have tried to extract my systemmenu-289.wad file and all I get are 00000000-00000008.app files. I tried to extract those with the U8 tools, but none of those give out an 00000042.app.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StarmanDX said:
SilverSurfR said:
Anyone know what's generating that error? Is it Preloader? or the system menu?

I guess it has to be preloader if trying to run HBC (which I'm sure is gone now that he formatted) gives him the same/similar error. Wouldn't sysmenu complain about corrupt files instead and tell you to RTFM or call nintendo?

What you could try is getting a 00000042.app file. rename it to *.dol, have Preloader "install" that as it's "Installed File" and then try picking "Installed File" from the menu. I've successfully gotten it to load the sysmenu this way, but on an already working system, so YMMV.
It's the preloader; I can't get into the sysmenu at all. The DSI exceptions occur when trying to load HBC/Wad managers from the SD card (I know they're not still on the Wii.)

I did have Starfall installed on the Wii as well, so unless a format destroys that, I may be able to still use the rescue disc.

I have tried to extract my systemmenu-289.wad file and all I get are 00000000-00000008.app files. I tried to extract those with the U8 tools, but none of those give out an 00000042.app.

the 00000001.app is the 00000042.app., but come to think of it, that might only be the healthscreen file.

checking again, and what i ran was the 10000043.app (the preloader-renamed sysmenu.) which is 00000008.app

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what IOS preloader runs off? (not the installer, i'm talking about the actual preloader).

Is it IOS30 like the system menu? or perhaps CIOS249?

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K I have a quick questions: Everytime I am done playing a GC game and turn it off by pressing the power button on the wii, the wii resets to system menu instead of turning off. (I cant turn it off with wiimote cuz its a gc game) it only turns off after i press it the second time though...

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
starting to install this just read the whole thread and just want confirmation re: incase of brick or remove preloader i downloaded 3.2e update disc to extract system menu wad (pal) only 2 files were extracted
systemmenu 290 wad and ios 30-64-1040 r these the only 2 i need to install with ARC..

ps after i have removed hacks.ini

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised at all the support for this.

From what I've seen, preloader is still just buggy in general. It gives me (minor) issues with ejecting discs, issues with reading discs from the disc channel that I can't properly explain, and glitches in the sysmenu hacks section that leave me feeling uneasy about whether or not things are actually working properly (hell, I know for a fact that I've had IOS files mysteriously get updated without rhyme or reason while running preloader)

Plus I don't like that there is surely still preloader-related stuff on my NAND, irregardless of reinstalling the sysmenu wad and running the 'hack ini remover.'

The bottom line is that I wouldn't recommend preloader to anyone. My 2 cents: stick with starfall. If you've got cioscorp, you can autoboot anything you want.... including the HBC. Yeah preloader loads 'before' the sysmenu... but I fail to see a real advantage. Go an do something stupid like uninstall a sysmenu.wad or IOS30.wad and you're fucked regardless.

*shrug*

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wanders said:
I'm surprised at all the support for this.

Plus I don't like that there is surely still preloader-related stuff on my NAND, irregardless of reinstalling the sysmenu wad and running the 'hack ini remover.'

I was thinking about that too. Preloader renames the system menu and takes its place. To remove preloader, you reinstall the system menu wad. But I wonder what happens to the renamed system menu. I believe it must still be there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry