Hacking [Pre-release, WIP] Yet another rxTools?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
New bug:
After the data installation, it stopped at full-progress-bar screen.
I pressed A, then it entered the menu, but with absolutely no font display so that I could not do any operation on it. Only the theme graphic filled the screen.
After I restarted the 3DS, the fonts displayed properly though.

BTW:
Someone reported that the new rxTools cannot recognize Sys 9.0 TWN 3DS's emuNAND but old rxTools can.
Dunno about the details.

Last edited by MelonGx,

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey guys, is it possible to get Rxtools to EMUnand 11? if so can someone help me with the process . your help would be greatly appreciated
It works as before - firmware.bin of 9.6 required and a key file if on N3DS.
Being that it doesn't actually show an error screen, I am not sure where about it fails.
If filesystem could not be mounted, it hangs with the black screen, any button press will reboot the console. Will add a color screen for that, since no font could be loaded before. The rest should have an error message display.
New bug:
After the data installation, it stopped at full-progress-bar screen.
I pressed A, then it entered the menu, but with absolutely no font display so that I could not do any operation on it. Only the theme graphic filled the screen.
After I restarted the 3DS, the fonts displayed properly though.

BTW:
Someone reported that the new rxTools cannot recognize Sys 9.0 TWN 3DS's emuNAND but old rxTools can.
Dunno about the details.
This happens if font file could not be decrypted or loaded. On clean install there should be 2 consequtive progress bars on boot: first unnamed for font, and second "Decrypting firmware" or also unnamed if font extraction fails. To distinguish which one it was, the first one have a delay on 50%, the second have no delays on N3DS and two delays at 1/3 and 2/3 on O3DS.
If SysNAND is not recognized, it will fail with mounting filesystem. If it boots into GUI, then at least NCSD and CTRNAND partitions was recognized.

To All: Will it be useful to have the option to boot with the NATIVE_FIRM from FIRM partition of *NAND?

Last edited by duke_srg,

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
It works as before - firmware.bin of 9.6 required and a key file if on N3DS.

If filesystem could not be mounted, it hangs with the black screen, any button press will reboot the console. Will add a color screen for that, since no font could be loaded before. The rest should have an error message display.

This happens if font file could not be decrypted or loaded. On clean install there should be 2 consequtive progress bars on boot: first unnamed for font, and second "Decrypting firmware" or also unnamed if font extraction fails. To distinguish which one it was, the first one have a delay on 50%, the second have no delays on N3DS and two delays at 1/3 and 2/3 on O3DS.
If SysNAND is not recognized, it will fail with mounting filesystem. If it boots into GUI, then at least NCSD and CTRNAND partitions was recognized.

To All: Will it be useful to have the option to boot with the NATIVE_FIRM from FIRM partition of *NAND?
im on old 3ds Rxtools 3.0b. i remember their was a rumor going around if you update your emunand with Rxtool you will get a black screen, i wanted to know if that was fixed so i can update

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
im on old 3ds Rxtools 3.0b. i remember their was a rumor going around if you update your emunand with Rxtool you will get a black screen, i wanted to know if that was fixed so i can update

I successfully updated EmuNAND to 11.0 on my O3DS with firmware.bin from 9.6 (00000049)

Progress:
- On FS/NAND mount fail it will hang with red screen now.
- Obvious job progress cancel and finish confirm.

Reactions: Madridi

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There are problems in the choice of language.
per the moment the only solution is to translate gui.json
gui.json must not be translated by itself, all translations must be inside /lang/*.json files. There are only partly Russian and Spanish translation exists for now, the rest json files only have translations from the old rxtools just for compatibility unless console us completely removed from the project. So what was the problem?

oresterosso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsitaly.it
XP
Country
Italy
gui.json must not be translated by itself, all translations must be inside /lang/*.json files. There are only partly Russian and Spanish translation exists for now, the rest json files only have translations from the old rxtools just for compatibility unless console us completely removed from the project. So what was the problem?
the problem is the following:
They select the language settings but the same does not work.
the gui is not translated.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
the problem is the following:
They select the language settings but the same does not work.
the gui is not translated.
This is because only es.json and ru.json only contains translation, there are no translation to other languages and help is welcome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: oh no