Homebrew [Pre-release] Agbsave9 - Tool to extract agb_firm saves.

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Original gen_rom.py from the latest release didn't work for me either.
I had to rewrite it a little bit to make it work on Windows. I actually uploaded it here couple of pages ago.
With that script I was able to successfully inject my old save into Zelda: ALTTP, which has EEPROM save type.
You can try that script if you want, but I'm not sure if it would work for you. Here it is: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/gen_rom-zip.38211/

Oh man, saved my butt there, thanks! For some reason I missed your post despite reading through the entire thread a few times.
I actually tried to fix the script the same way you did but I'd never worked with python before so I had no idea what I was doing. Glad to see I was on the right path.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Oh man, saved my butt there, thanks! For some reason I missed your post despite reading through the entire thread a few times.
I actually tried to fix the script the same way you did but I'd never worked with python before so I had no idea what I was doing. Glad to see I was on the right path.
Yeah, I also never worked with python scripts before, actually.
I just edited it the same way as working scripts from older releases. :D

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, I also never worked with python scripts before, actually.
I just edited it the same way as working scripts from older releases. :D

Still having the same problem with the fixed script. Please, can you help me to fix it?

"No such file or directory"

Find the screenshot attached...

EDIT: FIXED! Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 11.01.56 a.m..png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 11.01.56 a.m..png
    301.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited by tatundria,

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much! Also, to add to the tutorial (@Argentlan ), the patched AGB_FIRM needs to be installed into emunand to be able to run the injector (installed in sysnand, of course).

EDIT: And I can finally confirm that the importing of the gba save is a success. I will do the same with the rest of the GBA games tomorrow.
You do all the process in your sysnand, why the patched AGB_firm in Emunand?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

vba m flash128k if i use 64kb on emulator it does not save also gen 3 save editor won't load 64kb save files
You don't have to convert anything to inject or edit your save, if your save is Flash 128k just put "1" in save type on agb_inject

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still having the same problem with the fixed script. Please, can you help me to fix it?

"No such file or directory"

Find the screenshot attached...

EDIT: FIXED! Thank you!
Can you tell how do you fix it to someone with same problems read? Is title id the problem?

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
to dump you just need to run the game you want to dump, close and then run agb_dump.3dsx it will also tell you title id and save type
System version 9.x
Title id 00c31900
Use save type 1
Creating agb_dump.sav ...
Save Dump: succeeded!

and to inject, first of all you have to install Python3 in your computer,
if you are in Windows overwrite gen_rom.py with that modified version at the moment the official one with EEPROM support is not working on windows
then put your save file in agb_inject folder and run gem_rom.py
in save name just put the name of your save file, like "pokemon.sav"
in title id put the same title id of the game you want to inject
in save type put
"0" for SVRAM
"1" for Flash
"2" for EEPROM
you can dump a save from your game first to see what is the type in dump log
then put a "whatevername.cia" in cia name
ok, now copy the cia to your SD and installs it OVERWRITING the original game ( do all the process in your sysnand )
run it, and you will see something like that
2HGuplr6

for EEPROM it will show more lines and you have to wait it finish
then backup .sav file from SD:/Nintendo3DS/(lot of numbers, go to sysnand folder)/(morecharacters)/title/00040000/(your game title id)/data/
install the original cia of your game again and then restore the sav file that you just backuped

I think that is all folks

Still it's not working for me. I did everything that you suggested but the save is not there when I load Super Mario Advance 2. Any clues?

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, if you detail all the process you done maybe we can find what you did wrong
It can also be problem of the homebrew itself, as that problem occur to me when I attempted to inject my FFV advance save file and it appeared that the homebrew didn't support all the sram games. Tatundria- are you sure you did every thing right? And the game just behave like there is no save?

Reactions: Argentlan

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It can also be problem of the homebrew itself, as that problem occur to me when I attempted to inject my FFV advance save file and it appeared that the homebrew didn't support all the sram games. Tatundria- are you sure you did every thing right? And the game just behave like there is no save?

Exactly, I did everything right. I restored 00000001.sav file that was in the data folder but the game just behave like there is no save. It is Super Mario Advance 2 with eeprom save. Maybe the save is not supported?

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly, I did everything right. I restored 00000001.sav file that was in the data folder but the game just behave like there is no save. It is Super Mario Advance 2 with eeprom save. Maybe the save is not supported?
Most likely, try contacting alex34567 with PM or quoting and replying one of his posts.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do all the process in your sysnand, why the patched AGB_firm in Emunand?
Because I wasn't able to open the injector rom in sysnand because it gave me an error, which is why I had to install the patched AGB_firm in Emunand to bypass it. Or am I supposed to install it in sysnand?

Last edited by MushGuy,

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because I wasn't able to open the injector rom in sysnand because it gave me an error, which is why I had to install the patched AGB_firm in Emunand to bypass it. Or am I supposed to install it in sysnand?
Install GBA game in Emunand only works like a link to run it in sysnand, that is why you have to install in both sys and Emunand if you have unlinked nands, so install the inject in Emunand don't do anything, at least in rxtools
This game can even save normaly in AGB emulator? Because I tried to inject dragonball advance adventure without sucess and after that realize it don't save

Last edited by Argentlan,

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install GBA game in Emunand only works like a link to run it in sysnand, that is why you have to install in both sys and Emunand if you have unlinked nands, so install the inject in Emunand don't do anything, at least in rxtools.
Exactly, that's what I did. I installed the inject rom into sysnand. My question was about AGB_firm. Sorry for not being clear.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can I ask one question? You have arm9loaderhax, right?
From where you are trying to launch the game after save injecting, emuNAND or sysNAND?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well actually i have a question about the eeprom stuff. Can it save in general? Super monkeyball jr is eeprom and i cant get it to save for the life of me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: