GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I'm going for 48 days away from you guys, I'll probably forget about even Ninja Gaiden.

Pray for me to study.

Love you all and will miss u all.

S

scubersteve

You better awesome up those studies...
Or we'll have to lower you from Test to Quiz...
Yes, it was lame.

MVBDX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iran
Good luck my bro.!
Have a good konkoor!
lecture.gif

??????? ??? ????? ???? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ?? ?????!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pardon me for being an American infidel, but what is Konkoor?

I don't do the praying thing, but good luck with your studies. You might want to block GBAtemp while you're studying; I have a hard time getting any work done with the 'temp just a click away.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
any suggestion how to block it? i would GLADLY do it, since I know no way, I was going to abandon my laptop for rest of the days.

p.s. konkoor is name of university's entrance exam and this one I'm attending is for my master's.

p.s. you are one of the greatest persons I've met online. love u.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never actually tried to block a whole site, but it should be fairly easy using a hosts file. Just redirect GBAtemp.net to 127.0.0.1.

I think you can block sites with the browser's proxy settings, but I don't know how off hand. There is also software that will do it for you (child filters and firewalls come to mind).

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you could do yourself that you couldn't undo yourself is a brick to the laptop. Just try to make it inconvenient to get to GBAtemp. That plus a little willpower might at least help you focus.

If that doesn't work, ditch the laptop. You can come back when you make it in to the university.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
APPLY? wtf.
I tried not coming online for 40 days but that didnt stop my addiction and after that I got online from home and then posting agaiiiin.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your addiction won't go away. It doesn't matter how long you stay away, the addiction will always be with you. As soon as you go back to whatever you are addicted to you will become focused on it again. You'll have to learn to control it, stay away forever, or deal with the effects. Harsh but true.

I'm addicted to the 'temp as well. I say that seriously; I've been addicted to both alcohol and marijuana in my life, and the pull of the 'temp is just as strong sometimes. It's not a joke, some people ruin their lives with an internet addiction the same way any other kind of addict would.

Take this seriously. Do what you have to do to move your life in the right direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.