ROM Hack Question PPSSPP Crisis Core crashing on fmv cutscene

coldercake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all. I really dont think its a problem with the iso, its during the mako 5 reactor when sephiroth has a flashback of angeal and genesis fighting him, when he swings his sword back, the screen freezes. The audio keeps going for a bit and then completely stops. I can still pause the game, and acess the ppsspp menu, and reload savestates.

coldercake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all. I really dont think its a problem with the iso, its during the mako 5 reactor when sephiroth has a flashback of angeal and genesis fighting him, when he swings his sword back, the screen freezes. The audio keeps going for a bit and then completely stops. I can still pause the game, and acess the ppsspp menu, and reload savestates.
does anyone have an idea of where to start trrying to fix this? i really need to fix this

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you starting the PPSSPP in applet mode? Holding down the R trigger, then select (press A) any game title, while continuously holding down R, until homebrew menu screen loads, then launch PPSSPP from homebrew menu. This allows for full RAM access for homebrew/emulators.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

coldercake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you starting the PPSSPP in applet mode? Holding down the R trigger, then select (press A) any game title, while continuously holding down R, until homebrew menu screen loads, then launch PPSSPP from homebrew menu. This allows for full RAM access for homebrew/emulators.
I boot the game from a tile, i used nro2nsp to set it up, and i tried applet mode and still got the crash

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I boot the game from a tile, i used nro2nsp to set it up, and i tried applet mode and still got the crash
Only thing else can i recommend is to tweak the settings in PPSSPP, or try Overclocking the switch itself before starting PPSSPP.
Or possibly try another copy of ISO of same game, maybe a bad dump.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

coldercake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing else can i recommend is to tweak the settings in PPSSPP, or try Overclocking the switch itself before starting PPSSPP.
My switch is always overclocked for psp emulation. I think it could be in the settings, i've been digging around online to find which exact ones. If everything fails, is it possible to convert save files to a different region? Im running an english patched japanese iso of the game and if the iso is the problem, idk where i could find another one

jommuo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I got the same issue when running Crisis Core from an ISO on a PSP with CFW. Same cutscene too, black screen post cutscene but the pause menu would come up and the game wouldn't continue. When I redownloaded the same ISO onto my PSP, the game continued after the cutscene. While you're not running the game on the same system as me, try that. Hope that helps.

Also, for some in game cutscenes, does dialogue ever just go completely dead for anyone? Like the rest of the audio is fine, just the dialogue cuts out. Any fixes?

coldercake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I got the same issue when running Crisis Core from an ISO on a PSP with CFW. Same cutscene too, black screen post cutscene but the pause menu would come up and the game wouldn't continue. When I redownloaded the same ISO onto my PSP, the game continued after the cutscene. While you're not running the game on the same system as me, try that. Hope that helps.

Also, for some in game cutscenes, does dialogue ever just go completely dead for anyone? Like the rest of the audio is fine, just the dialogue cuts out. Any fixes?
sorry for the almost year late reply, but what I ended up doing was take my save from my switch, and play it on PPSSPP on pc past the point where it crashed, and saved again, brought the save back to my switch, and it worked

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...