Powersaves codes on an eShop game? HOW?!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by xirtamehtsitahw, May 13, 2016.

1. xirtamehtsitahw
    OP

xirtamehtsitahw GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2011
    United States
    I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
    The only Powersaves device that I know of is the original Action Replay Powersaves (also known as Powersaves Pro, depending on when and where you bought it). This device is a dongle, and designed specifically to require a retail cartridge in order to function properly.

Yet...the game Pokemon Rumble World is listed among those featuring Powersaves and Powersaves codes.

Last I checked, Pokemon Rumble World is NOT available in cartridge form. That is, unless I missed it somehow. Or...a new Powersaves dongle has been released specifically to work on eShop games.

Somebody clue me in here. :unsure:

2. ivoyko

ivoyko GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    EOL DA ASCO
  3. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    the retail version was released two weeks ago

4. xirtamehtsitahw
    OP

Dec 9, 2011
    United States
    Ah, okay. How does it differ from the original version (other than the fact that you have to pay for it up front)?

5. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    It has no micro transactions and the Diamond mine you get after you buy 3,000 Diamonds in the Free to play version is unlocked from the start.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  6. xirtamehtsitahw
    OP

Dec 9, 2011
    United States
    Sweet! Looks like I'll try to track down the ROM for this game, and give it a go. Aaaand...I'll proceed to hack it and Pokemon Rumble Blast (which STILL has zero codes for it, even though it's been out for at least 4 years).

EDIT: I've succeeded at hacking Rumble Blast. I've still to pick up Rumble World, but I find Rumble Blast to be a bit of a better game (there's a well-thought-out story, instead of just trying to fend off the Dark Magician/Emperor, and do the King's bidding for diamonds and gold).

Anyone know, however, if the Rumble World save editor works on the retail ROM?

Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw, May 16, 2016
  7. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Lol. I've seen Rumble World in the wild as a cart, and it still blew my mind because my brain went...isn't this an eshop thingy?