powering down completely from wiimote

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joystick_jack, Nov 25, 2009.

Nov 25, 2009
  1. joystick_jack
    OP

Newcomer joystick_jack Newbie

United States
    So I don't like leaving my Wii on standby because it continues powering my external HD but I'm also lazy and don't want to have to walk ALLLLLL the way to my Wii and hold the power button for 3 seconds when I'm done playing. Is there any sort of system hack that just disables sleep so that when I press the power button on my wiimote it shuts my system off entirely? Failing that, does anyone know if a channel exists that just shuts the Wii off? thanks in advance

2. Hitokiri

Newcomer Hitokiri Newbie

United States
    If you disable WiiConnect24 it will no longer standby and the wiimote can power it down completely.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    install priiloader, and go to settings, and tell it to ignore the standby mode (something like that, cant remember exactly what its called, but its obvious when u read it)

4. joystick_jack
    OP

United States
    really? I could have sworn wiiconnect 24 was off cuz I never get the blue update light. I'm at work now but I'll double check when I get home. Thanks for such quick help Hitokiri.

5. joystick_jack
    OP

United States
    @xflak40: Do you know if that setting is available in preloader? I'm mostly lost when modding my wii and can only follow guides without really understanding what I'm doing so I don't want to install priiloader unless I have to.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    should work with preloader also, if the setting is there as an option, enable it, and see if it works

7. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    In your wii settings, under the same thing as WiiConnect24, disable Standby Internet

8. guxu

Newcomer guxu Newbie

United States
    I can confirm that both preloader and priiloader have the option and both of them work.