Power switch for wiiu gamepad, make battery live longer

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I notice similar thing (like with psp (while it's easy to fix it), wiiu need a little mod?) that if I not use WiiU gamepad it's still discharge too fast while it's disabled.
Guess it's always check when WiiU would try enable it.
I even use bigger battery for it and it's still eat it...
So, I try disconnect it from it and to my surprise I was right.
After a long time battery still charged. (In most causes when I enable it's was empty before)
But it's really annoying to always to do it, disconnecting it from devise. (My gamepad in silicone cover and always to take out of it is a bad thing for it)
Does anybody done mod with button on back-cover to just move button or something like that to connect\disconnect battery?
I try search similar thing on aliexpress and other sites, but with no results so far.
Similar like these on my photo edits (xD) :

Attachments

• Honeyview_CS-NTP012SL-4_800x800.jpg
    Honeyview_CS-NTP012SL-4_800x800.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 2
  • MVKVruSeZW3bD6SI.jpg
    MVKVruSeZW3bD6SI.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 1

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
It is on standby, either to be ready to reconnect to the console( but why? it still needs to boot when you press the power button), either the TV remote app is still running, you can press TV button while pad is off and see.
Maybe Nintendo thinks we need this big one for the TV remote function anytime anywhere...

Maybe we can just disable this function, but not without modifying the DRC firmware...

CyberPal69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we could insert a switch between the battery plug and the Wii U receptacle? You would have to cut or remove the battery compartment cover, but you should be able to 3D print the plastic necessary. One end would be a plug that goes into the Wii U and the other end would be a receptacle that the battery cord plugs into. You would then need to run a little wire to a on/off switch that you could mount to the back of the tablet controller.

Reactions: k7ra

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I wonder if we could insert a switch between the battery plug and the Wii U receptacle? You would have to cut or remove the battery compartment cover, but you should be able to 3D print the plastic necessary. One end would be a plug that goes into the Wii U and the other end would be a receptacle that the battery cord plugs into. You would then need to run a little wire to a on/off switch that you could mount to the back of the tablet controller.
Yeah, idea was like that. Back cover to be 3d printed, there a problem to find plug with button like that :)
This is great, I don't have to always charge the pad anymore
You would need, but speed of battery discharging would decrease. So your battery would live longer. It's a bad thing for her health to keep it empty.

GoodFellas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah, idea was like that. Back cover to be 3d printed, there a problem to find plug with button like that :)

You would need, but speed of battery discharging would decrease. So your battery would live longer. It's a bad thing for her health to keep it empty.
Of course, this is the most important

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I need to bring this up whenever I see it. I bought this Gamepad Battery Replacement mod two years ago. It replaces your back Gamepad plate, and you can use a e-cigarette battery for it. The battery range spans on for miles, it smokes any official or replacement ones. Since I've had it, I'm only now having to replace my battery. It has USB-C charging, it's a no cut mod, and to your point, it has a switch so you can turn the power on and off. It really is fantastic. This might be what your looking for, so I'll just leave this here.

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I feel like I need to bring this up whenever I see it. I bought this Gamepad Battery Replacement mod two years ago. It replaces your back Gamepad plate, and you can use a e-cigarette battery for it. The battery range spans on for miles, it smokes any official or replacement ones. Since I've had it, I'm only now having to replace my battery. It has USB-C charging, it's a no cut mod, and to your point, it has a switch so you can turn the power on and off. It really is fantastic. This might be what your looking for, so I'll just leave this here.
Yeah, something similar.
Good thing that somebody created this thing, sadly this site not support my country :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter if you have an on/off switch if the battery doesn't go through proper cycle of charge and discharge, if the battery died very often then it won't hold charge.

CautiousObjector

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, something similar.
Good thing that somebody created this thing, sadly this site not support my country :)
On the store page, there's a link to Thingiverse, where you can download and 3d print the plastic parts of the battery pack, if you have acces to a 3d printer. Of course, you'd need to buy the elctronic components yourself as well.
Love your idea about the power switch, seems like such a design flaw to have the battery drain in a week when not in use.
I might take on the challenge of designing a 3d printable part based on your idea. I'll get back to y'all in that case!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Xg2pMpgw8