Homebrew POWDER 116 released

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
POWDER, the roguelike primarily designed for the GBA and DS, has finally updated again after more than 9 months of inactivity. The DS, GBA, and Windows/Mac/Linux builds are up, but the PSP, PS3 and Wii builds are ported individually and likely aren't available yet. I don't have an iOS device so i haven't bothered to check Apple's app store to see if the new version is available for them.

Source/Changelog/Downloads

If you're a fan of roguelike games, even including stuff like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Shiren the Wanderer, it's a full-featured game probably worth your time to check out. Just wish I hadn't gone nearly a week and a half without noticing a new version was up.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice!

"If a god decides to flamestrike you, you now get a few turns warning to prepare yourself. "

Heh. How generous.

FireEmblemGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is really going to affect anyone but me, but the Linux build is actually still at 115 due to what I assume is a packaging mix-up. Doesn't matter too much, the Windows version works perfectly under Wine.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost thought you were talking about dan-ball.jp/en powder game
ohmy.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is by far my most favorite DS homebrew!

Having said that, I actually don't like some of the changes. For example, tossing an item from hand to hand is what I do to waste a turn. Now I can't!

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinyJellicent12321 said:
I almost thought you were talking about dan-ball.jp/en powder game
ohmy.gif
Powder indirectly introduced me to falling sand games when I googled and found dan-ball. That was a good day.

Also, Powder's a classic. Everyone should play it at least once.

Valzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say more than once. If you just play it once, it can be pretty underwhelming. If you play it at least 10 times, it becomes one of your favorite games ever. =)

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fishaman P said:
I actually don't like some of the changes. For example, tossing an item from hand to hand is what I do to waste a turn. Now I can't!
But why not using the wait or the search action instead ?

FireEmblemGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno how many people are actually interested, but version 117 has been released just in time to be an early Christmas present.

Hopefully I have the correct Linux version this time! Some good news, I found a 32-bit linux box so it should be a 32-bit linux build as well.
  • True aim is now in the book of blades, so you can learn it without an extra skill book. (Robert Barber)
  • Forgetting a spell while wielding a staff that imbues it will now properly fail. (Paul Strickland)
  • Failing to forget no longer uses a turn.
  • Unenchanted weapons and armor which you have found the enchantment of now report +0. (Mike Ratzlaff)
  • Objects collapsing into meatballs now properly state if the result is multiple meatballs. (Nathan Bogue)
  • Tutorial for signpost for kiwis now mentions the hostile tag on the look description. (Claudio)
  • Signpost added to surace world. (SilverAnalyst)
  • Someone to greet you on the surface world. (Andrew Walker)
  • Unequippable item slots say No Item slot rather than Empty slot. Empty body slots report the appendage name (left hand, radula, etc)
  • + and * by the god reports when praying lets you know how much they like your fashion sense. (hotpoo)
  • Frogs have a bonus to attack vs insects. (Robert Barber)
  • Silver and gold weapons will occasionally dull if used against non-vulnerable targets.
  • Finally added the cute and cuddly triceratops!
  • If you id the enchantment of an item by throwing it, now the stack you threw it from wil also be ided. (Mike Ratzlaff)
  • Sleeping creatures have a visual indication. (Mike Ratzlaff)
  • Swapping worn armour with wielded sword no longer causes you to wear the sword. (Mike Ratzlaff)
  • Rolling boulder works on some monsters.
  • Fix minor spelling errors (Gurkan Sengun)
  • Full AI state was being cleared when nothing was edible rather than just the single edible bit. (Don Collins)
  • Dipping nothing into a potion no longer crashes, provided you figured a way to do that in the first place. (Richard Quirk)
  • Two or more equipped items with extra attacks now properly stack the chance of invoking the attacks, rather than jumping straight to a 99% chance. (Richard Quirk)
  • One new room type.
  • Mountain and Hills in Ibson The Grey's tileset are now in their correct positions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: