Potentially bricked switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by El Visclo, Feb 4, 2019.

1. El Visclo
    OP

El Visclo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    France
    Hi everyone !

I know my post looks a lot like some I've seen here, but I can't seem to find my answer in any

I hacked my switch (ReiNX) back in 6.2.0, boot and NAND backup. Then, I missclicked on "update to 7.0.0"
    Switch booted fine after the update, but I couldn't get CFW to work, since it isn't out yet
    I did too little research, and I thought restoring my NAND backup from 6.2.0 would work, but I didn't know about eFuses

So I went into hekate and restored both boot0/1, and rawnand via hekate (in that order)

However, once that was done, I powered off my switch and can't get it to respond to anything. It is not in RCM mode
    Right now, it's powered off (not black screen, but off), and I tried to boot in several ways, each one connected to my PC to check if it's in RCM mode
    - Normally
    - VOL +, VOL -, Power button
    - Rigging pin 1 and 10 with a paperclip, and pressing VOL +, Power button

I can't seem to get into RCM. Is that normal / possible ? Perhaps I just haven't managed to contact the pins properly
    I have to use the unreliable bent paperclip method, because I live in France and don't have a 3D printer available

Thanks a bunch

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Just try again and again (but don't destroy the pins :) ). There is nothing which can disable RCM from all the sudden.

S3phi40T likes this.
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    This is not possible but its normal to not enter RCM all of the time hence why AutoRCM is so useful. Also you don't need a 3D printer to get a jig; just buy one off of eBay or Aliexpress.

4. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese 100%!
    Dont be panic. 7.0.0 CFW will be out very soon. Atmosphere and ReiNX are working on it. It is partially supported now.. The fully will be ready soon.

ELY_M likes this.