am i brick switch oled?

qxaeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hi i have oled with instinct-nx card. switch (16.0.2) somehow started to not boot to atmosphere, only hekate (not even at atmosphere logo). just blank screen.
i need to push 15 second to power to reboot hekate. by the way i can not enter recovery mode either (power vol+ vol-) it just go blank screen after nintendo logo

then i remember that i have nand backup (16.0.1 i think) i restored with hekate but when boot after that i get pkg2 decryption failed error. i figured out that i get only emmc gpp backup
not boot1 boot 2 . after that i build boot files with EmmcHaccGen with 16.0.2 firmware (yes with upper version :( ) restored with tegra explorer it is ask system or boot i chooosed boot
after that switch gone. instint-nx shows purple red and 5 seconds white light and blank screen and if i plug it to windows i get apx device.

btw i get nand backup befor restore with boot and emmmc but i dont know how to restore without hekate.

please help

Last edited by qxaeon,

qxaeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
at least i need to know this somehow coincidence of instinct-nx problem or nand restore or somethink like hos modification can affect booting hekate ? i think in any circumstances hekate must boot. is it?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc in order for the modchip to detect a successful glitch, it needs to monitor read activities on emmc chip, and the cue is reading of BCT. If your boot0/1 is damaged your console won't boot even with modchip. Don't quote me on this but the general idea is, oled/v2/lite need to have a working boot0/1 on your emmc.

So, you need to desolder the emmc chip and use a emmc programmer to write a good boot0/1 to it. Don't think there's a software only solution for restoring corrupted boot0/1

Also if your emunand is damaged you just need to recreate it again in hekate, restoring your real emmc backup won't help and will probably break things if not done correctly.

qxaeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
what about nintendo recovery mode . is it depend on boot0/1.

for last resort in rcm(apx mode) cant restore nand?
if issue will solve desolder than write emmc than i can tell i am pretty bricked my switch cause no one can do arround me

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about maintenance mode then yes it happens much later in the boot process.

Since it's a mariko unit unfortunately you can't do anything with the rcm mode, unless you send it back to nintendo.

Well try your luck at repair shops near you, or online ones in your country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto