Homebrew postLoader4

cladian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I still read this thread every few days. I'm still hoping that the multi-splash screen support will happen some day : c )

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stfour,
I use pl in neek2o and love it! I was impressed with all options available, including nand swap. Just wondering if I missed option to change txt size? Wii is hooked up to 4:3 ratio tv and some txt is pretty small. I have tried different themes.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
THANKS
Shag

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know what the main reason I use PL3 is? My wife LoL she is a sweet woman but trying to explain to her how to go from WW/VC to wii games is uh but she finds your app easy to use so this is a major plus on my end. The main reason I like your app (orginally the ease of loading all my VC/WW titles :)) is cause of how well it works under neek & I think I speak for a lot of people when I say we were all looking for a HBC alternative :) but I always wondered if your app will still work on the Wii even after I deleted the HBC from my actual nand.hm... still this is simply by far one of the best apps ever made for the Wii (as someone else mentioned); so that's a +1.

So I'm curious if you gave more thought into the d-pad short cuts as I mentioned not too long ago. You said you like the idea but is it going to be implemented?

Thanks in advance :) look forward to your future releases.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I feel kind of ungrateful for not immediately trying the test version after you included the USB gamecube swap option (I was partially the one suggesting it), but I'm pretty busy lately. I can say that it's very good as it is already. And I'll certainly make use of it in the future (eg to swap out games that currently don't work but might have to be retested in future DML versions). :)

Oh, and the cover option is pretty sweet as well. :)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyway there is really no problem about Etheboss worlds...
LOL, i was not even the one saying it needed a coverflow..i said it was the reason why i don't use it so much.

So, let me get this absolutely clear..i really, really do appreciate what you are doing here...
I also hope you continue to work on it and continue to support it..

PS. i hope you understand the wannabe thing was a little joke, wasn't expecting that much reaction back from it..

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks stfour, I really appreciate your great work.
What I suggested is to have diversity in the way games display and let poeple decide what suits them best.
For example you have around 10 ways to display files and folder in windows explorer and it'll be even better to have different options in PL too (as long as stability and speed are not affected)
Abz

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway there is really no problem about Etheboss worlds...
LOL, i was not even the one saying it needed a coverflow..i said it was the reason why i don't use it so much.

So, let me get this absolutely clear..i really, really do appreciate what you are doing here...
I also hope you continue to work on it and continue to support it..

PS. i hope you understand the wannabe thing was a little joke, wasn't expecting that much reaction back from it..
:) I think people used it as a way to increase their post count.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, becouse games can contain also wii game in fst format. And there is no way to run a gc game from usb...

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New full package is out... changes from last one. ;)

postLoader 3.57.1

* Updated readmii.txt to version 1.5 with latest changes
* wiimote key (1) now is "go to page...". D-Pad (LF) homebrew, (RG) channels, (UP) WII games, (DW) GC Games
* Added messages when "intensive" operation are performed
* When possibile bigger font are used.
* priibooter console no more in distribution
* added "wii theme" to the default distribution
* also the splash screen is installed if it is present in the theme
* Now name sorting is case insensitive
* Optimized a bit the keep usb live funcion
* Keep usb live is now called in the screensaver
* dml scanner function was failing if no usb hdd is attached
* Adjusted a lot of thing about themes. Themes must be updated to package 2.1
* Code clean and some bug fix in code

postLoader 3.56.1

* added a lot of additional checking and perfcounter for filesystem function (copy etc...)
* corrected game icon dimming for wii mode
* dml: fixed a bug that was preventing the installation of a new game from usb if there was enough space
* dml: copy process can be interrupted (this may need some more work...)

notes: ngc iso (already converted with DiscEX) must be copied in usb://ngc folder (primary FAT32 part).
postLoader will take care to copy to sd://games when required
Games icon from usb games are dimmed. Copying process is slow (1750 kb/s on my sd)
If there is no space on sd, postLoader will ask to delete some games.

postLoader 3.56.0

* postLoader can now move ngc iso from usb to sd (see notes)
* Updated fileop library
* Added usb gecko output

postLoader 3.55.0

* In game mode, d-pad [UP] will switch WII/GC(DML) mode (also [HOME]->Game options->Switch Wii/GC(DML) mode)
* now dml video mode (pal/ntsc) must be configured from game menu' (press on a game)

postLoader 3.54.3

* Forgot to update internal build number

postLoader 3.54.2

* Added support for reset and power off buttons during screen saver
* Changed a bit the screensaver (but "basic" ramains :P). Timout is 2 min (not 1 min)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* wiimote key (1) now is "go to page...". D-Pad (LF) homebrew, (RG) channels, (UP) WII games, (DW) GC Games
I still feel special about this sniff sniff :) thank you stfour!

* Added messages when "intensive" operation are performed
Confusion!?

* priibooter console no more in distribution
But why?

* Adjusted a lot of thing about themes. Themes must be updated to package 2.1
How can we update existing themes to work or is this already done?

Great Job stfour simply amazing :)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
priibooter is now replaced by priibooterGUI.... it is much better ;)

Themes need minimal update and correction. In theme package 2.1 are updated.

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all guys ! ;)

What am I doing wrong?

It seems nothing... I will try to reproduce your problem.

Same issue with 3.57.1 clean install.

When launched in my real nand postloader offers to create config file on USB, SD or to run system menu. I chose USB and postloader runs fine.

On neek2o different story. It's as though postloader doesn't see my USB HDD when launched from neek2o (uneek+di rev72) through the plneekforwarder and asks if I want to create a config file on my SD or exit to system menu. If I create the config file on my SD postloader starts up. When I switch back to my real nand and run postloader, it then reads the config file on my USB??? So basically postloader reads one of two configuration files dependent on where it was run from (real nand or neek2o).

Being a total noob I would guess something changed either from version 3.53 of postloader (last working one for me) where postloader cannot see my USB HDD when run from neek2o or neek2o itself post revision 69.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Wii 4.3E (everything updated including softmod) and 4.3E emulated nand.

EDIT: If I do a clean install with everything on my SD, from the real nand postloader asks to create config file on sd or usb. This time I created the config file on the SD, however when I ran postloader from neek2o it asked again if I wanted to create a config file on my SD as it couldn't find one??? No options to switch between real nand and neek2o within postloader either. Additionally, in the neek2o environment postloader shows one game less.

I know I'm being a pain, but it's bugging the crap out of me as it worked great before. Worst case scenario I will go back to 3.53.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For sure postloader keep different configurations for real nand and neek. Last neek2o I've tested is rev57, and for me it detect usb. Tonight I will test rev72, and report to you. ;)

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For sure postloader keep different configurations for real nand and neek. Last neek2o I've tested is rev57, and for me it detect usb. Tonight I will test rev72, and report to you. ;)

Tested 3.53.3 and same issues. It would seem something might have changed in neek2o from rev 69 that affects me (don't know if others have had this). Will test 3.53.3 with revision 69 and get back to you.

EDIT: It's definitely neek2o. Revision 69 lets you choose SD or USB to save the config file while revision 72 only SD. Thanks for looking into this stfour.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo