Homebrew postLoader4

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you choose to cache the titles? I believe this to be the option i'm unable to look; but I had this problem befor and that was my issue.

cladian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Request: Could you make the ploader.png background image configurable so that it randomly selects a .png file from a group of images?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DaFees said:
Ok, well the NAND I've be working with is too big to fit on any SD cards I have, so I made a copy of it and cut away a bunch of stuff to bring it down in size. Anyways I was thinking that because the NAND was optimized for uneek it wouldn't work on an SD card (how little I know). Well, surprise, surprise, the NAND works fine when run off an SD card.

However, it could read the NAND fine, but when I tried to boot a VC n64 title I received the following error:

ES_Identify...ERR: (identify) ES_Identify (ret= -4)
ERR: (bootTitle) Identify failed

I'm making some test... it seems that a modmii nand can't be used directly for waninkoko emulation. I think that almost one time neek must be executed with that nand. Sorry for this wrong information.

@cladian: I will check

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
GartimusPrime said:
all my ww/vc when loaded says "There is not enough available space in Wii system memory. Either move data to an SD Card or delete data on the Data Management screen." What did I do wrong now?
Delete a few of them and see what happens.
shouldn't have to should I since it is on a 1.5tb hdd?? Never had this problem before and also note that i tried them in mighty channels and they load although I still get a line half way through the screen on older vc titles.....perhaps this is where progressive switch comes in?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
JoostinOnline said:
GartimusPrime said:
all my ww/vc when loaded says "There is not enough available space in Wii system memory. Either move data to an SD Card or delete data on the Data Management screen." What did I do wrong now?
shouldn't have to should I since it is on a 1.5tb hdd?? Never had this problem before and also note that i tried them in mighty channels and they load although I still get a line half way through the screen on older vc titles.....perhaps this is where progressive switch comes in?

This is really strange... what is last version of pl that works for you ?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
GartimusPrime said:
JoostinOnline said:
GartimusPrime said:
That's the message it gives you when you follow directions? Weird.
rolleyes.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stfour said:
I'm making some test... it seems that a modmii nand can't be used directly for waninkoko emulation. I think that almost one time neek must be executed with that nand. Sorry for this wrong information.

@DaFees, so I confirm it. Now I've take my first nand dump done with bootmii, extracted with showmywad, removed all (also ios,cios,mios...), added the same two titles that wasn't working with modmii dump, and they works.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice darkangel... I will add it to theme package
wink.gif

postLoader2 b35 is out

Code:
postLoader2 b35

* plneek merged with priibooter (now priibooter 1.4). Install this version under priiloader
* priibooter (if an sd is available) can run postloader/neek/system menu/hbc. It remeber last setting
* pl2: if you create on the root of sd the file postloader.log, postloader start in debugging mode and write to it. It is drammatically slow.
* fixed dimension theme (you need to re-download the theme pack)

Known issues

* if a channel png is corrupted, postloader may crash

Download on first post

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:
JoostinOnline said:
GartimusPrime said:

This is really strange... what is last version of pl that works for you ?
honestly not sure cause I don't keep the old ones when a new one is released.....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
honestly not sure cause I don't keep the old ones when a new one is released.....

Are you sure you are on emulated nand on postloader ? It make non sense that mc works and pl not...

Once a title is successfully started it is all in the hands of cios..

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

Are you sure you are on emulated nand on postloader ? It make non sense that mc works and pl not...

I think so because I went to emunand and did the update title cache...it found my titles...I downloaded covers...then I load a games, some writing comes up about booting game....it boots then says there is not enough space. I try it in mighty channels and they work. Its probably me.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

I think so because I went to emunand and did the update title cache...it found my titles...I downloaded covers...then I load a games, some writing comes up about booting game....it boots then says there is not enough space. I try it in mighty channels and they work. Its probably me.

If you have a sd inside the wii you will find a nb.log file. Please copy it in a pm....

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

If you have a sd inside the wii you will find a nb.log file. Please copy it in a pm....
i could find no such file....i am gonna reinstall my nand....

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry all, going to ask a n00b question here.

I've only ever run my Wiiware from a NAND dump via Mighty Channels, Postloader etc. under a d2x cIOS. How do I go about playing it under UNEEK?

I have UNEEK+DI installed and ready to rumble, just not sure about how to go about using it with PL. In fact, other than installing it I've not used it at all but seeing as everything is in place I'd like to give it a whirl.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zfa said:

I've only ever run my Wiiware from a NAND dump via Mighty Channels, Postloader etc. under a d2x cIOS. How do I go about playing it under UNEEK?

I have UNEEK+DI installed and ready to rumble, just not sure about how to go about using it with PL. In fact, other than installing it I've not used it at all but seeing as everything is in place I'd like to give it a whirl.

Under neek, postloader should be executed by neekbooter under priiloader (the one you have in emu nand). Or, if you run pl from hb filter, make sure you enable NEEK argument in the xml file.

Then just select the real nand.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
stfour said:
zfa said:

Under neek, postloader should be executed by neekbooter under priiloader (the one you have in emu nand). Or, if you run pl from hb filter, make sure you enable NEEK argument in the xml file.

Then just select the real nand.

Ah, OK. So I boot into NEEK as usual then either have my emu NAND's priiloader boot neekbooter or just run PL from HB filter in NEEK. I wasn't sure if all this switching that had been talked about was something clever where running PL with the neek argument was going to auto-magically reboot my Wii into NEEK and run PL itself or something.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, once again I want to say thank your and the theme posted earlier looks perfect with this app
tongue.gif

So I have a questions and a request at the same time; I don't expect it to be acknowledged but it would be nice to see it done.

Has anyone made a forwarder channel for this yet? I really like the theme above and think it would look great used in one.
There are some people who would rather not goto the HBC or use Priiloader to autoboot into PostLoader2 out of convience (or I don't know LoL). If this hasn't been done would someone be willing ot do so?

Thanks in advance for anyone who is considering making one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo