Homebrew postLoader4

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
stfour said:
It can be.... what make me thinking is that it return to hbc...

Please, make a test... rename .png folder... run postloader, change channel page, run one of you channel. Rename back png folder. If is a png problem it should'n crash until you return in previous page.

Yeah, spot on ^^, I could start on page 2 and go up, but as soon as I went to page1 it kicked me to HBC - so a problem with one of those .png's in page1.

The orange theme I was using works btw, just replaced

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bauldrick said:
stfour said:
It can be.... what make me thinking is that it return to hbc...

Please, make a test... rename .png folder... run postloader, change channel page, run one of you channel. Rename back png folder. If is a png problem it should'n crash until you return in previous page.

Yeah, spot on ^^, I could start on page 2 and go up, but as soon as I went to page1 it kicked me to HBC - so a problem with one of those .png's in page1.

The orange theme I was using works btw, just replaced

You are faster than me
biggrin.gif

Good, It is will great if you rename again png folder, run pl, annotate the 16 channels, then copy the relative png and send it to me... I feel that it is related to png lib.

For this heavy work you will only receive a heavy THANK YOU !
bow.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
just got postloader installed on my NEEK:cDI nand.....pretty sweet

Happy to read that !

@Bauldrick, just a question... the broken icon icon was downloaded with postloader ?

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it was, cannot remember with what version, nor can I remember actually starting that game.

Truth be known, I only found out yesterday things were broken because my kids wanted to see if Bonsai Barber was working yet
cool.gif
- unfortunately for them it does not
sad.gif

-EDIT-

Just for your info, that game happens to be at the very top of the channels.txt list.

I also get some weird behaviour when in [sd/[usb] mode -

I have four apps showing and three directories hidden, when I 'unhide' the directories, the first two take the place of the last two apps, but in doing this they also take on there icons aswell ( as opposed the one remaining directory that has a 'folder' icon )

Hope that makes some kind of sense ....
wacko.gif

-ANOTHER EDIT-

If I then switch to nand and back they appear as they should (3 folder icons) - Until I select advanced options and hide them again, at which point I'm left with 4 apps showing but the last two with no icons at all

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I´ve been watching the development of this very close and have to say this is just awesome stfour.

I just wanted to ask where the problem may be when I experience crashes with postloader, mainly when loading a app from hbc or returning to postloader from hbc app.

Code dumps happened when:

Using FTPII, MMM, WadManager1.7 and Super Mario War.

Any tips to avoid this?

And I have a whole bunch of self made VC injects, is there a way to show pictures in postloader of the injects? Should I just make a .png of the title screen and name it with the matching title id?

Thanks for reading.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bauldrick said:
Truth be known, I only found out yesterday things were broken because my kids wanted to see if Bonsai Barber was working yet
cool.gif
- unfortunately for them it does not
sad.gif

It seems that BB works only with cios rev17 (not tested)

Bauldrick said:
Yes it was, cannot remember with what version, nor can I remember actually starting that game.

Ok... This is interesting... maybe pl doesn't detect that a file is downloaded correctly. I will check.

Bauldrick said:
I have four apps showing and three directories hidden, when I 'unhide' the directories, the first two take the place of the last two apps, but in doing this they also take on there icons aswell ( as opposed the one remaining directory that has a 'folder' icon )

I never tried to hide a folder. It sound like pl do no fully redraw it's icon cache. Should be ease to resolve.

G0dLiKe said:
Ok, I´ve been watching the development of this very close and have to say this is just awesome stfour.

Thank you G0dLiKe

QUOTE(G0dLiKe @ Sep 22 2011, 03:41 PM)
I just wanted to ask where the problem may be when I experience crashes with postloader, mainly when loading a app from hbc or returning to postloader from hbc app.

Do You mean starting homebrews from postloader ?

QUOTE(G0dLiKe @ Sep 22 2011, 03:41 PM)
Using FTPII, MMM, WadManager1.7 and Super Mario War.

I will try these applications. Hoping I can reproduce the fault.

I was using MMM to test AHPBROT, but it was postloader build 17. But a lot of things are changed from that build, so I need to check again.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
G0dLiKe said:

Do You mean starting homebrews from postloader ?

QUOTE(G0dLiKe @ Sep 22 2011, 03:41 PM) Using FTPII, MMM, WadManager1.7 and Super Mario War.

I will try these applications. Hoping I can reproduce the fault.

I was using MMM to test AHPBROT, but it was postloader build 17. But a lot of things are changed from that build, so I need to check again.

Yeah, I meant starting and/ or exiting homebrew apps from postloader. Would be great if you could have a look on it.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
G0dLiKe said:
Yeah, I meant starting and/ or exiting homebrew apps from postloader. Would be great if you could have a look on it.

MMM (13.4) and mario works for me... they succesfully return to pl...

ftpii and wm1.7 crash on exit... I'm looking why.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
G0dLiKe said:

MMM and mario works for me... they succesfully return to pl...

ftpii and wm1.7 crash on exit... I'm looking why.
Idk about WM1.7 (outdated anyway), but ftpii has problems exiting from forwarder channels. That might be related.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, hm well Joostin, in fact I dont care about wadmngr could use another one though I guess. But I do need FTPII
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
G0dLiKe said:
Yeah, hm well Joostin, in fact I dont care about wadmngr could use another one though I guess. But I do need FTPII
smile.gif
Yeah, but I think the blame lies with ftpii for this. You could try WiiXplorer instead.

right, I have it installed, anyways I got used to FTPII, idk why...

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Found it !

Code:
postLoader2 b34

* plneek: update to v1.3 (only code clean)
* pl2: added fix for old app with "crash on exit" issue. It is per-app setting, so press B on the app (like ftpii) and enable "Fix crash on exit" option.
* pl2: hide/show application (and folders) now works as it should.
* to keep dist smaller, postloader boot.dol is no more in apps folder. You must copy manually postLoader.dol to apps/postloader/boot.dol
* This version will clear configuration file. Autoboot setting will be lost.

Known issues

* priibooter crash if there is no sd in the wii. Don't panic... just blank screen. Insert an sd, or disable priibooter in priiloader.
* if a channel png is corrupted, postloader may crash
* dimension theme crash postloader

Download on first post

The crash on exit was strange. Postloader clear STUBHAXX to let priiloader be executed. Both ftpii and wm1.7 terminate with a "return" and not with "exit". I've already patched this behavior in b27, this is the first time I see a dsi for it. I think this is related to an old devkitpro. Anyway activate the fix and the problem is solved.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my late reply, but I can answer your questions by stating that I am running cios rev21 d2x v6, 249[56]. Also I just tried to access my emulated nand in Might Channels and it didn't work in there either. I got some error about being unable to get title list. So I guess I won't say my issue is a fault of your program, but either way I can't figure out why my nand isn't readable/accessible. If you need further details do let me know.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so today i decided to copy a title folder from one nand to another.....too many titles to extract and reinstall.....when i load nand through uneek....nothing appears (no ww/vc). when i load through postloader, games show up....however i have 800+ titles and postloader only sees 275 titles. I am not saying it is postloaders fault....simply looking for input

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
JoostinOnline said:
Using "return 0" causes a crash? That's what I used in ProgressiveSwitch, so I'll need to change it if that's right.

Normally it shouldn't cause any crash. But exit is suggested as it check for stubhaxx. If it is found it start hbc, otherwhise reboot to system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny