Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This night (in Italy :P)... I've already the release but I have made so much changes that I need to test it deeply...

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, nandpath.bin should be in the sneek folder and is purely an ascii file.
The pathname can be terminated by a , a or a \0.
So, spaces in pathnames are forbidden.

My bootneek created it based upon the bootneek.xml file.
(It starts with the path "/nands/pl_eu" could be an example.)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
1 more thing to consider when writing the code:
I now made my nandcfg.bin load pln2o and all Neek2O channel is booting to this nand ok
BUT when I executed PL3 neek2o loader I went into Nand1!!!!
It seems PL3 is not only overwriting the nandcfg.bin file but also doing so with wrong nand path.

Maybe it's better if PL3 uses its own files ex (pl3nandcfg.bin) to boot pln2o Nand not touching or messing up with sneek files used for neek2o channel.
Can this be possible obcd (great channel by the way :))

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's exactly what the nandpath.bin file is for. It has priority over nandcfg.bin and isn't touched by neek itself.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yes, it's hard.

Once a game is running, the running code belongs to the game as well.
So basically, all you can do is patch the game return to menu code so that it loads a channel instead of the system menu.
Most usb loaders have such a feature for backup's of wii games.
I don't think I have seen it for VC and Wiiware. I guess the method for doing things would be pretty much the same.
Homebrew emulators and games usually either return to the system menu, or to the homebrew channel.
I am now working on a method to have them launch a specific channel instead of both other options, as the system menu isn't very fast in neek2o (So I prefer to avoid it when possible), and the hbc 1.08 isn't working in neek2o environment.
If I modify the homebrews for neek usb acces, I might as well add the return to channel feature as well.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postloader 3.62.0 has a vary bad bug on channel browser... a lot of memory is lost on page change... sorry for that.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Simply create a txt file on your pc and open it with notepad. In it, add the text /nands/nand1
Either make it follow by a space character or simply hit enter once to go to the next line.
Save that file, and rename it to nandpath.bin. Copy it to the sneek folder, either on harddisk for uneek2o or on the sd card for sneek2o.
If you can't seem to figure it out, just let me know and I will send you one.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope, nandpath.bin should only contain the path to the nand
/nands/nand1
If the channel stops working, is your dvd slot flashing blue, or does it simply freezes into a black screen.

The first case means that it can't locate the nand folders at the location you are specifying.
The second case means that there is something wrong with the nand.

One thing you could try is renaming the nandcfg.bin to nandcfg.b01 in your sneek folder and see if it makes a difference.
The file will be recreated when you launch neek2o, so it shouldn't do any harm.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
obcd, I figured out why that happened. I had 3 nands in the usb folder and one was renamed before making the nandpath.bin file, my nandcfg.bin di not contain the renamed folder so I got a black screen because 1 nand was missing in the nandcfg.bin
What is weird is that the channel was working before making the new file despite the renaming!

the new nandcfg.bin file looks like this now:
"  /nands/nand1 nand1 /sneek /nands/thenand thenand /sneek /nands/pln2o pln2o /sneek "

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth