Homebrew postLoader4

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have launched a title using the new neek2o method, what happens if you subsequently boot into that NAND using neek2o afterwards? Does it re-load the last title launched by neek2o mode or launch normally?

In an ideal world I would like to have one NAND, /nands/pln2o, which I run under cIOS mode, and then also use to run the new neek2o launched channels. It'd be good if I could also use this as my general neek2o NAND too. It would give just a single NAND which works as cIOS, 'normal' NEEK NAND and the new neek2o functionality. Perfect.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have launched a title using the new neek2o method, what happens if you subsequently boot into that NAND using neek2o afterwards? Does it re-load the last title launched by neek2o mode or launch normally?

In an ideal world I would like to have one NAND, /nands/pln2o, which I run under cIOS mode, and then also use to run the new neek2o launched channels. It'd be good if I could also use this as my general neek2o NAND too. It would give just a single NAND which works as cIOS, 'normal' NEEK NAND and the new neek2o functionality. Perfect.

When you launch a title configured as neek2o, postloader check if the title exist in /Nands/pln2o, if doesn't it will install (copy) the title, than configure neekbooter to automatically start it. Obviusly with that nand you can do what you want, my suggestion to keep it dedicated to the postloader functionality, is just to keep it fast.

For testing you can just rename one of your neek2o nands to pln2o, but remember to update neekbooter to the last rev.

;)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here it is, with all changes from last distribution

postLoader 3.60.1

* dml: on game never configured postLoader will automatically choose the right video moe (thx FIX94)
* channel browser: updated cover download.
* neek2o can be executed without sd in slot. Even if sd is inside, usb has highter priority. /sneek/kernel.bin must be present on the device (THX obcd!!!!)
* postLoader can now moove its configuration data from sd to usb. ([home]->system option->Move postLoader cfg folder to USB)
* play count for dml should now work (thank joostin)
* readmii.txt updated to v.1.7
* During cover download, misschan.txt and missgame.txt will be created with missing covers
* various bugs fixed, and newer added :P

postLoader 3.60.0

* n2oswitch erased from project
* old neekbooter becomes forwarder base
* new neekbooter with n2oswitch functionality added, more channel launcher for real nand
* on neek2o r75 (i don't know the revision where this heppened), the structure of nandcfg.bin file was changed, corrupting postloader behaveur. Updated
* postLoader doesn't use WII_LaunchTitle to execute channels on real and neek2o. CGT codes should works again in both enviroments.
* New channel launch method, you can choose between "Normal boot method", "Load apploader", "neek2o". For neek2o, read VERY important notice in note

NOTE: How to setup a neek2o nand for real channel launch method
* Use modmii to create a fresh nand. Install only priiloader (required) and if you wish postloader channel. Do not add anything more if you want a fast to boot nand
* name this nand pln2o and put in usb://Nand/pln2o
* Start that nand, configure it (also the network). Install the new neekbooter (required) in priiloader and make priiloader autoboot it (you can use postloader to do that [home]->System options->Install neekbooter.dol in priiloader, when you running in neek2o/pln2o nand)
* postLoader will automatically copy (only one time) your vc/wiiware to pln2o nand and execute it.
* This is a great workaround for WFC games and games that doens't work in d2x emulation
* THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL, make a backup of your nands before try it.

postLoader 3.59.5

* Fixed a possibile miss/corruption of wiiload header. (thx JoostinOnline)
* Now music is stopped when partition are mounted during wbfs scan, otherwise a code dump will occours...

NOTE: neek2o channel launching mode isn't yet operative...

postLoader 3.59.4

* If you are using wiimote and point outside the tv, the cursor will disappear immediately
* Removed "default" from IOS selection in emunand channels property
* Missing from 3.59.3: AHBPROT is replaced by "+" symbol.

postLoader 3.59.3

* Now if the wiimote point outside the tv, the cursor will softly disappear. It return visible when pointing again or using controller sticks. (thx joostinonline for the idea)
* Changed sneek detection with joostinonline suggested one.
* Remove close button on channels properties
* If user pressed (B) in "Select NAND Source" to close the menu, the path to nand become corrupted
* If someone ( :P ) want postloader to stay always on 249, hexedit postloader .dol file, search for USE_IOS_249=0 and replace with USE_IOS_249=1
* postLoader channel hidden also in realnand and neek.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry guys, important update

postLoader 3.60.2

* screen saver will hang if covers are on usb
* misschan.txt, missgame.txt are now created on root of sd (if present)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What happens when you try to run the game ? Have you configured priibooter to boot automatically and return to neekbooter ? If you do [home]->System options->Install neekbooter.dol in real emulated nand, postloader will configure it for you.

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated from r21 to r30 and now I can't seem to get anything to work, it just reboots the wii. Using postloader 3.60.2 and tested with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Megaman Aniversary Collection, both which ran fine with r21. Dunno if it's an issue on DML's end or postloader's, but I'll have to try an older revision and see if it works for me.

Edit: Whoops! Posted on the wrong thread, I had multiple windows open. This was meant to be on the DML thread, though it could possibly be an issue with postloader too, so I guess I'll leave it here. Sorry guys.
Oh and since I'm here, I can add that on your beta 3.60.3 I just get a crash whenever I try to load anything with dml r30.

Edit: Nevermind, solved my own problem, sorry for the accidental post.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
What happens when you try to run the game ? Have you configured priibooter to boot automatically and return to neekbooter ? If you do [home]->System options->Install neekbooter.dol in real nand postloader will configure it for you.
install neekbooter option is only present on neek2o nand not onreal nand. instead I have copy config to usb option!!!
Can the steps needed be explained more clearly please?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, my error

What happens when you try to run the game ? Have you configured priibooter to boot automatically and return to neekbooter ? If you do [home]->System options->Install neekbooter.dol in real emulated nand, postloader will configure it for you.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@AbdallahTerro: three possibility:

1) wrong neekbooter (should be 597.598 bytes)
2) priiloader isn't configured correctly
3) priiloader isn't installed on neek2o nand.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@AbdallahTerro: three possibility:

1) wrong neekbooter (should be 597.598 bytes)
2) priiloader isn't configured correctly
3) priiloader isn't installed on neek2o nand.
I think it's #2 cause my neekbooter is from 60.0 package and I have priiloader on both Nands.
I'll try to install neekbooter to emuNand manually and post my results later.
Thank you

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't know if this has been covered before or is known, but while moving around the pointer with the wiimote on screen it sometimes stops responding for 3-4 seconds and then starts working again, quite annoying :D

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i moved cfg files t usb by mistake - is there a way to move'em back to SD (can't find this option in system settings) - can i just copy ploader folder from usb & what happens if ploader folder is present both on SD & USB?

yes, move manually the folder to sd...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth