Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can see that it might be advantageous to be running under a cIOS for when launching Wiiware from emulated NAND? Presumably these need some of the cIOS features and not just AHPBROT? Could this be worked around by being able to mass change the IOS from 'IOS: Default' to 'IOS: 249', say, in a menu much like you are now able to change the default game launcher? Once this has been done then pl3 would work under 58 with all its benefits but Wiiware would still be one-click launching without having to remember to change individual settings.

EDIT: Or you could add an tag the the meta.xml for those who want to load into a specific cIOS. Or add both features...

Default for emunand channels is 249. Yes this is not so clear.... I will change it

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
1) IOS58 doesn't always detect my HDD.

postLoader fails to detect your hdd ?
PostLoader has detected it fine so far (I've only used the forwarder though), I was just saying that IOS58 isn't perfect.
postLoader need AHBPROT to pass AHBPROT to executed homebrew, if they require it. And uses on the fly memory patch to have full rights on the real nand for browsing.
Oh, that makes sense.

I prefer to stick to what I know works fine. Since I forgot about postLoader needing AHBPROT for other apps to use, I had planned on sticking with the old forwarder.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I can see that it might be advantageous to be running under a cIOS for when launching Wiiware from emulated NAND? Presumably these need some of the cIOS features and not just AHPBROT? Could this be worked around by being able to mass change the IOS from 'IOS: Default' to 'IOS: 249', say, in a menu much like you are now able to change the default game launcher? Once this has been done then pl3 would work under 58 with all its benefits but Wiiware would still be one-click launching without having to remember to change individual settings.

EDIT: Or you could add an tag the the meta.xml for those who want to load into a specific cIOS. Or add both features...

Default for emunand channels is 249. Yes this is not so clear.... I will change it

This is odd - I just tried launching Word Of Goo from emu NAND when running pl3 under IOS58 with 'IOS: Default' and it hung on the initial loading screen with the controller on it. I rebooted and chose 'IOS: 249' and it worked just fine. Could have just been a random crash but might be worth looking into.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No no, I'm sure that default is 249 ;)

postLoader 3.59.3

* Now if the wiimote point outside the tv, the cursor will softly disappear. It return visible when pointing again or using controller sticks. (thx joostinonline for the idea)
* Changed sneek detection with joostinonline suggested one.
* Remove close button on channels properties
* If user pressed (B) in "Select NAND Source" to close the menu, the path to nand become corrupted. Fixed
* If someone ( :P ) want postloader to stay always on 249, hexedit postloader .dol file, search for USE_IOS_249=0 and replace with USE_IOS_249=1
* postLoader channel hidden also in realnand and neek.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice update! I do have a suggestion, a bug, and a question.

It would be nice if you could change this to not reload the IOS just because it isn't 58. If the channel is set to use 249, then you should still be able to use AHBPROT alongside it.

It always says "IOS58+" instead of "IOS58+AHBRPOT"

Is there a hex edit I can apply to make the cursor disappear right away if you point outside of the screen? Maybe it's just me, but it bothers me when the cursor freezes on screen.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
You're right, the game freezing under 'IOS: Default' must have been a random crash. Might be worth removing this term and just displaying 'IOS: 249', though. To me, 'IOS: Default' would imply that it's loading under the same IOS as postloader itself, given that there is no option anywhere in postloader to set default values.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='JoostinOnline']: The cursor disappear as you point outside the screen... and I forgot to mention that I've replaced AHBPROT with "+"... so if AHBPROT si available, it will show "58+" ;)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='JoostinOnline']: The cursor disappear as you point outside the screen... and I forgot to mention that I've replaced AHBPROT with "+"... so if AHBPROT si available, it will show "58+" ;)
It fades away, it doesn't disappear. For a couple seconds it appears stuck.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 3.59.4

* If you are using wiimote and point outside the tv, the cursor will disappear immediately
* Removed "default" from IOS selection in emunand channels property
* Missing from 3.59.3: AHBPROT is replaced by "+" symbol.

Reactions: 1 person

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
?

I've use wiiload transfer about continuosly during development without any issue... what are you using to send on the pc ?

p.s. that value isn't the timeout... is the thread sleep for accepting incoming clients...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
?

I've use wiiload transfer about continuosly during development without any issue... what are you using to send on the pc ?
Several apps and postloader.dol. Everything sends fine in the HBC, although it's slow.

p.s. that value isn't the timeout... is the thread sleep for accepting incoming clients...
Really? This suggests otherwise. :huh:

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Really? This suggests otherwise. :huh:

That function is used only for remaining args after the file was fully transferred. Tell me one application you are using that fails, and please try wiiload 0.5 ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiiload ) and let me know. ;)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users