Hacking Post your usrcheat.dat files here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4Chuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Can someone please add USA Tiger Woods 08 codes to the community usrcheat.dat?

No, the current ones supposedly on there do not work.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Rayder, could you add the code which I gave you to Megaman Star Force Pegasus and Leo versions? Because it works for them too. xD

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please add USA Tiger Woods 08 codes to the community usrcheat.dat?

No, the current ones supposedly on there do not work.

The one that's in there now is for the Euro version.....I can't find any for the USA version......will test if the Euro codes work on the USA version....

....tested....it works! Added!

Rayder, could you add the code which I gave you to Megaman Star Force Pegasus and Leo versions? Because it works for them too. xD

Will do....added.

I also added codes for the USA version of Worms Open Warfare 2. If we have to ARM7 fix the USA version too when it finally gets dumped, then I may have to add a separate GameID again.

Hurry up R4 team! Release 1.12 to fix this stuff already so I can delete the duplicate codes!
mad.gif

Link in sig.

grog.gif

R4Chuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Man, I don't get it. I put your usrcheat in my R4 and no cheat option shows up for USA Tiger Woods 08. I've tried with 4 different usrcheats and it's starting to irritate me badly.

Update: I replaced the US version with the EU version, and still no cheats. WTF?

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Rayder, you didn't add the Boktai code for Pegasus or Leo, but with Dragon it appears.

Could you please add it?

Thanks a lot.
smile.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I don't get it. I put your usrcheat in my R4 and no cheat option shows up for USA Tiger Woods 08. I've tried with 4 different usrcheats and it's starting to irritate me badly.

Update: I replaced the US version with the EU version, and still no cheats. WTF?

Rayder, you didn't add the Boktai code for Pegasus or Leo, but with Dragon it appears.

Could you please add it?

Thanks a lot.
smile.gif

The codes HAVE been added....Tiger Woods 08 and the 3 Megaman versions.....USA. I tested them on my R4 to make sure they were there. Are you guys sure you unRAR'd the file first. It's compressed with winrar. Possibly, my server is taking awhile to confirm the updated file. Also, make sure to use the blank CHEAT.DAT that I include with the file, my USRCHEAT.DAT contains all the original CHEAT.DAT codes anyway. One more thing.....delete the old USRCHEAT.DAT from your microSD before adding the new one, don't just overwrite it. That sometimes causes problems such as what you guys are talking about.

If you still don't get the updated file, wait awhile until my server does whatever it needs to do to have the proper file. Don't know how long that might be. It IS uploaded with those codes though.

Added codes for the USA version of Biker Mice From Mars.

grog.gif

EDIT: I think the issue may have been that after I uploaded the new cheat file, I had to close out of the browser for my server to release my password...or something or other like that. I clicked the link in this thread and checked for myself and the codes were there.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember I was adding some codes that I found/modified for games that I like and that weren't in there, and noticed that 4 or 5 games are in there twice (as in, with the same game id). just use the handy buttons in the cheat manager at r4ds.com to find and get rid of them if you haven't already.

R4Chuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
It's so strange, Rayder, all of the games on my R4 have the cheat option under them except for TW08. I even erased the US version, replaced it with its EU counterpart, and have yet to see the cheats option for it.

At this point I'm stumped. I know it's not a bad dump (Xenophobia), as it works perfectly. Your usrcheat is obviously working since I can cheat on all of my other games using it.

Any idea as to what may be up?

interfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question, when I replace my old usrcheat.dat file with Rayder's updated one, some of the cheats refuse to work in games where cheats have already been activated. Is there a way around this?

Cheers.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there may be a couple redundant codes in there. They would be easy to spot if we could just alphabetize the list. As it is, it's very time-consuming to check for dupes one-by-one....the list is getting huge. I eliminate dupes as I find them.

This is supposed to be a community dat. If anyone spots missing codes or duplicate games, tell me about them. Better yet, add codes to, or delete dupes from the dat yourself and I will host it, just as long as no games that are in it now are removed (except dupes, of course). Needless to say, there will come a time when I won't have time to maintain it as much as I do now....eventually, I'll get off my lazy ass and find a job and won't have unlimited time anymore.
rolleyes.gif
I don't create the codes, so none of them are "mine", I just add codes as I find them. I'm trying to create the ultimate USRCHEAT.DAT so just about any game will have a cheat, if cheats exist for it. I'm sure there are many missing codes/games. I rely on a few code sites and this community to maintain it. I maintain this dat for GBAtemp members/visitors exclusively. I don't mention it anywhere else.

I originally started updating the dat for myself, then thought, "Why should I keep it to myself?" I have a little bit of server space that, as far as I know, never goes down, never expires and is lightning fast, so I upload it there and make it available to you guys just for the heck of it.

Any help, pointers, info and/or additions or recommended deletions to the dat are fully welcome. Like I said, it's not "my" dat, it's the entire GBAtemp community's dat. I just happen to be the person that took the initiative to maintain and host it. I could use all the help I can get.

I concentrate mostly on USA and Euro codes, but Japanese games that are popular are worth adding too, though I see no reason to add codes for Jap games that are unplayable by peeps who can't read Japanese. We're a primarily English speaking community here after all. If anyone wants to add Japanese games, that's fine, but please keep the text in English letters. I tend not to bother with Japanese games much because Japanese text looks like a bunch of TV antennas to me and it annoys me to not be able to read it.
wacko.gif

I appeal to everyone who cares to feel free to help out if they wish.

Cheers
grog.gif

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question, when I replace my old usrcheat.dat file with Rayder's updated one, some of the cheats refuse to work in games where cheats have already been activated. Is there a way around this?

Cheers.

ya there are just a few though.... thanks to rayder
dry.gif
lol just kidding

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so strange, Rayder, all of the games on my R4 have the cheat option under them except for TW08. I even erased the US version, replaced it with its EU counterpart, and have yet to see the cheats option for it.

At this point I'm stumped. I know it's not a bad dump (Xenophobia), as it works perfectly. Your usrcheat is obviously working since I can cheat on all of my other games using it.

Any idea as to what may be up?

What I've noticed about TW08 is that you could take 58 strokes to get the ball in the hole, but when you do, it will register as a hole-in-one. I didn't actually try the max earnings code.

But as for the code not showing for you at all......I don't know what the problem is there. That's just kinda strange. It works for me......
huh.gif

The only things I can think of is erasing the old dat from your microSD before adding the new one, don't just overwrite. Or possibly that my server doesn't update the dat instantly upon my adding codes and uploading it. If you are using a full CHEAT.DAT, use the blank one included in my link because that can cause problems too. Otherwise, I don't know why they aren't showing for you.

Get the R4 Cheat Code Editor and load the dat into it an see if the codes show there, then check the GameID for your game against the code in the dat.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your post, Rayder, as I know you take the time to update the community's R4 general usercheat.dat, and we appreciate it a lot.

Despite not being 'your' usercheat.dat, you offer to update, delete dupes, etc. as stated above.

So thanks and good job.

P.S. Mega's Boktai codes are already working for Pegasus and Leo, as Dragon! Thanks.
smile.gif

R4Chuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Opened your .dat with the editor and sure enough it's in there, but it still isn't showing on my R4. I give up. Thanks for your help and time though.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Errr...I used the Boktai cheat and nothing appears. Is there something I need to do? I passed all the game already, and I activated that code, and went to B Chips, but I still have all my old chips.

Could you confirm to see if it's working, please?

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks, but that's no fun, 'cos I want to earn the other chips by myself. Isn't there any other way? Because at Gamespot I don't recall that cheat to get all chips being used to get Boktai.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed about 5 redundant games that I found in the dat. The link is updated.

MicroSD fragmentation may be what's causing some codes not to show for some of you guys.....

How I "defrag" my card is to copy the whole card to the PC, then format the microSD and copy everything back. That will put everything back on the card file by file in a straight-line manner....contiguous, if you will.

Codes that "don't work" after updating the dat may be because you need to go back into the cheat menu and re-activate them. Updating the dat seems to reset them to off. I consider that only a slight inconvenience when you consider the sheer number of codes within the dat.

There's also the possibility that the dat is becoming too large for its own good. In that case, we need to determine which games are crap and could be deleted out of it without being missed. I'm not too sure about it being too large though, they all (well, the games I have in my R4 anyway...about 50) seem to work fine, and many of the codes for those games are at the bottom of the dat, which would suggest that it saw them all.

To tell the truth, I really don't use the cheats other than to test some that I add to see if they work, which by no means is ALL of them, but mostly I use the awesome Backlight Codes. I love that backlight code.
wub.gif

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So there isn't any different way to get the Boktai chips without having to use the Select all chips code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.