Post your usrcheat.dat files here!!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by NESticle, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Rayder, it's sad to see this happening. I understand all this crap makes it no longer fun to maintain the .dat.

Grimalkin, great to see you willing to take the enormous effort of maintaining the .dat and keeping the hackers happy.

That's great to hear. [​IMG]

2. asuri

asuri GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2007
    Canada
    [​IMG] your cheat dat is broken when i put in your cheat dat. it wont let me acess cheats or games so i put in rayder's it worked

3. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    I just tested mine and it works fine. What game were you attempting to use?

4. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    Thanks Rayder and Grimalkin. Great work!

5. MacGnG

MacGnG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    United States
    Know Where
    THANKS RAYDER [​IMG]

6. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Cheaters, fear not the destruction of the cheat.dat, I'm nearing completion and it should be finished by Sunday, or Monday at the latest.

@Twiffles: I expected that one too. He's a cool guy, unlike a certain "website" which I'll only mention in the context of "certain 'website'". But if you hang around at hacker websites, you'd know who I'm talking about.

EDIT: I just realized I did something absolutely artarded in the last cheat.dat (which I'm gonna fix now >.>)

EDIT2: Fixed >.>

7. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Yeah, it wasn't working for me either. I'm using Rayder's latest right now.

8. smallkidd

smallkidd GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2007
    United States
    UGH fuck the hackers!!! god dam it, it was going so well............ why even release codes if we cant use them?????????????
    THIS IS BULL SHIIIIT

9. zeppo

zeppo change my avatar!

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    I took this Jump Ultimate Stars code and modified it with different values:
    Leader Char Ability Mod
    921DF1F8 00000101
    221DF1D6 000000XX
    221DF1D7 000000YY
    021DF1D8 YYYYYYYY
    021DF1DC YYYYYYYY
    021DF1E0 YYYYYYYY
    021DF1E4 YYYYYYYY
    021DF1E8 YYYYYYYY
    D2000000 00000000

the result, after I chose tons of awesome abilities, was this:
    Leader Char Ability Mod
    921DF1F8 00000101
    221DF1D6 00000015
    221DF1D7 00000001
    021DF1D8 03040506
    021DF1DC 0708090A
    021DF1E0 0D0E0F10
    021DF1E4 12162326
    021DF1E8 2E2C2B28
    D2000000 00000000

you can figure out which abilities I picked by examining the values.
    HELP STATS
    01 = Triple Jump
    02 = Wall Jump
    03 = Air Dash
    04 = Use Special Gauge to Auto-Guard
    05 = Increase SP Gauge when you block at the last moment
    06 = Never move when blocking on a moving platform
    07 = Max Health increases when you come back from a KO
    08 = Status effect time is cut down
    09 = Decreases damage taken from Punches and Kicks
    0A = Decreases damage taken from Blades
    0B = Unknown
    0C = Unknown
    0D = Decreases damage taken from Special Attacks
    0E = Attack-Up when health is low
    0F = Gain 1 Special bar when you're KOed
    10 = Gain more SP from Coins
    11 = Unknown
    12 = Gain more Health from Food
    13 = Unknown
    14 = Unknown
    15 = Unknown
    16 = Increase the strength of your Guard
    17 = Unknown
    18 = Unknown
    19 = Immunity to Shock effect
    1A = Immunity to Freeze effect
    1B = Immunity to Burn effect
    1C = Immunity to Confusion effect
    1D = Immunity to Poison effect
    1E = Immunity to Judgment effect
    1F = Immunity to Paralysis effect
    20 = Immunity to Blindness effect
    21 = Immunity to Speed-Down effect
    22 = Immunity to Battle and Support Seal effects
    23 = See Invisible characters
    24 = Unknown
    25 = Unknown
    26 = Increase SP Gauge when attacking with or blocking a Battle Character
    27 = Increase SP Gauge when attacking or blocking chain attacks
    28 = SP gauge regenerates when you don't move or attack
    29 = Increase SP Gauge when multi-hitting
    2A = Increase SP Gauge when breaking Item boxes
    2B = Increase SP Gauge when attacking or blocking while your health is low
    2C = SP Gauge regenerates if you don't change characters or use Support characters
    2D = Increase SP Gauge when you KO an opponent
    2E = Increase SP Gauge when attacking with or blocking a Support Character
    2F = Increase SP Gauge when attacking or blocking Characters of an opposing nature
    30 = Increase SP Gauge when using multiple Special Attacks in a short time

anyways, please add my version.

10. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Stopgap. [​IMG]

Any future updates......??? la la la [​IMG] (walks away whistling ominously)

11. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Lol Rayder, I said that I wouldn't update till I finished getting source for the previous codes. If I can't find the source, I'll remove the codes.

At the same time, I'm silently updating it. [​IMG]

EDIT: So.. much.... unnecessary...bloating (good thing I still have my personal .dat)

12. kittisunton8

kittisunton8 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2007
    Thailand
    THank you for everything RAYDER

DAMN HACKER EVERTHING WAS GOING SO WELL and.........

13. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Okay seriously, this is not a fucking rant topic. If you have nothing positive to add to the topic, do not post. Read the rules, understand and stfu.

I'm sick of hearing: "DAMN HACKERS/STUPID HACKERS" every second post. Not all hackers are the same AND if we did not have those certain hackers, we wouldn't have AR codes. So, please, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

14. Rayder

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I'm going to have to agree with Grimalkin here. Don't berate the hackers. Be glad that he is trying to appease the hackers. I refuse to do it myself....too much work this late in the dat for me. If the txt file wasn't good enough for them, that's their choice.

15. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    *sides with Rayder and Grimalkin*Actually, no one has no real right to even say anything bad against the hackers. I mean, they made the codes you're using. Did you make them? More than likely no, so don't go around yelling about how hackers are mad because you're using their codes. I'm sorry, but really do you have to complain about this stuff? I used to make codes a looong time ago, and I have to be honest, I did get mad when people used my codes without any consent, individual credit, and what not.

16. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Well...yeah, you guys ARE right. And I do apologize. I'm just a little ticked that they would get mad at poor Rayder, even after he did credit them, but maybe not individually? I'm sure they had their reasons.

17. roboz

roboz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Japan(I wish)
    Not many things in life you can't just easily grab off the internet. So be happy with what you do get for free. Seriously it is much easier to say thanks to a person than to pay the person. Anyway thanks Rayder for the cheats there are a few games missing and I will tell you as soon as I get my R4 back from my greedy friend.

18. Rayder

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Don't forget about or write-off Grimalkin because of some mistakes he may have made recently with the dat. He is the one I passed the task of maintaining the dat to. You guys keep praising me, but it's really not that hard to use the code editor. You really want the ultimate cheat.dat? Make it yourself, THEN you will have exactly what you want the dat to be. Any or all of you are free to continue the task of updating the dat in this thread. This was never MY thread. Grimalkin is the dude I gave the task to just in case no one else wants to contribute. My only real request is to continue the dat that already exists, don't' just start over. Grimalkin is doing that now and you all must respect how he is trying to correct the mistakes I have made, overlooked or ignored during my time maintaining it.

The hackers want individual credits. That's a huge task to correct (considering the size of the dat) and I understand their request, but I wasn't willing to go through all the work required to accommodate that request. Grimalkin is doing a heck of a job correcting that. I would never be able to, or care to, do what Grimalkin is attempting to do. Give him the same respect for his work that you gave me. Stop relying on, whining about my retirement, or praising me. What I was doing is frankly not that difficult to do. ANYONE can do it. I gave everyone the necessary sites to get the codes for themselves in the txt file. ANYONE can do this.

I really didn't want to stop maintaining the dat. I actually enjoyed doing it, but the pressure and complaints from the code hackers (and honestly, also from the community) was getting to me. I like to work at my own pace, not at anyone else's. It stopped being fun and became more like a job I wasn't getting paid for. I can whip out updates like nobody's business, but not when I'm expected to adhere to a bunch of demands from the code hackers or the minor details that everyone seems to suddenly expect from me. I can't deal with it. I'm getting to be an old fart (39) and can't keep up with the demands of you young whipper-snappers.

It never seems to fail, at anything I do, that I suddenly become some kind of pseudo god to many and absolutely hated by others. This is why I tend to stay in the background making non-committal comments on posts that already exist.
    At all the jobs I've worked, it's the same deal. The bosses love me and the workers HATE me because I tend to show them up with my speedy and mostly efficient work. It's not intentional, it's just that when I commit to doing something, I do it. I can't slow down to other people's speed. I'm not good at small-talk and gossip and being happy-smiles at break time or following rules I don't agree with or care about. I do what I do and devil-be-damned if anyone is going to change how I do it. But the pressure gets to anyone after awhile. It builds up to the point where I have to just stop or I'm going to explode. I bring it on myself and I know it. It ALWAYS happens to me. That is why I decided to stop maintaining the dat. I work at a frenzied pace that will catch up to anyone that works as i do. The same thing happened when I took up the task of maintaining the dat. It got out of control and went further than I intended much faster than I expected.

Copy-and-pasting codes into a dat doesn't require any talent or thought like it does to actually create the codes that the talented code hackers come up with. I was just a worker, the hackers are the gods. Please, please, PLEASE don't blame or flame them for wanting credit for their work. I fully understand their requests, but found it too daunting a task to add all those credits to the plethora of codes that are already in the dat....not to mention bloating the dat when i figured a txt file would be sufficient. Grimalkin is proving to be even more qualified than I expected by actually getting approval to include various codes and adding credits to each and every code. Kudos to Grimalkin for taking on the monumental task. [​IMG] If that means waiting a bit to get the next update, so be it. Where would you be if no one was doing it at all? I just hope that Grimalkin can withstand the pressure better than I could.

I know many of you agree with me that credits to the hackers don't amount to a hill of beans when it comes to working codes, but it does matter to them and that MUST be respected. Anyone who takes over the task of maintaining the dat is going to have their own way of going about it. Please be respectful of their work. At this point, that means Grimalkin.

Please, keep the swearing and ranting and demanding to a minimum and be thankful that Grimalkin is continuing to update the dat after my retirement. At least I attempted to find a suitable replacement and didn't just leave you guys cold.

Sorry for the "wall of text", but I felt this must be said. I'm sorry for stirring up all this anger and emotion over a simple cheat.dat. I never planned for this to become as big a deal as it has become. For whatever reason, I seem to have this "magical" ability for causing this kind of situation all my life. [​IMG]

19. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    By the way, if you don't know; I donate to the hacker's websites fairly often... please, if you have the spare money, do the same. They spend their time working on these codes for the general public. Now I'm not forcing you to do so, but it's a good gesture. I'm personally learning how to hack codes myself (at a slower pace, but I'm getting there) so eventually I hope I don't have to rely on others to create codes for my own use.

Like I said before, It's sad that Rayder had to leave the project, but I'm sure I can keep the project going (as soon as possible I hope). It's not a hard task to do, however, at this point, it will take some time to find where the codes were obtained from and who hacked the codes. Using the cheat editor isn't hard at all, it's a simple copy and paste job (and a little bit of tidiness - I'm also programming my own cheat editor after I find out how they encrypted the CHEAT.dat) that anyone with common sense could do.

20. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    Well said, Rayder... Well said.

I'm pretty much in the same position you're in at work. [​IMG]

'Cept maybe I'm 20 years younger than you.

~Nero

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.