Hacking Post your usrcheat.dat files here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was before the Codebreaker DS came out.

When that came out, it took superiority over Datel [makers of AR] in the reign for best cheat device. They did the same on the PS2.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Does anyone know of any Code Breaker to Action Replay code converters?

Yes...

AR to CB to Dipstar and back converter
De/encrypt CBDS codes

And you'll need some knowledge of both devices code types.

CBDS code types
ARDS code types

There was a program that converted dipstar, CB, or AR, but it barely works. Encrypted CB codes can't be converted, and CB gets a LOT of codes I haven't seen on the AR. Like have all Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Rush.

CBDS codes can be decrypted. The encryption was broken less than 2 weeks after CBDS launched. The converter works for most code types, others need to be manually converted. See above for more info.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread should be stickied.
wink.gif

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Does anyone know of any Code Breaker to Action Replay code converters?

Yes...

AR to CB to Dipstar and back converter
De/encrypt CBDS codes

And you'll need some knowledge of both devices code types.

CBDS code types
ARDS code types

There was a program that converted dipstar, CB, or AR, but it barely works. Encrypted CB codes can't be converted, and CB gets a LOT of codes I haven't seen on the AR. Like have all Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Rush.

CBDS codes can be decrypted. The encryption was broken less than 2 weeks after CBDS launched. The converter works for most code types, others need to be manually converted. See above for more info.

I certainly am impressed. And seeing the amount of downloads on that decryptor, I do see why I had the notion CB games were left untouchable. Good find sir, I salute thee with my top hat :3

EDIT: I have a question Rayder if he doesn't mind. Do you have the Inf Enery code for MP: Hunters on your .dat file? If you don't, I can send you it :3!

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Rayder, can you please add backlight codes for Resident Evil DS into your file please? thank you. xD

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Some One should make a sticky out of this..

you are doin' AWESOME work RaYdEr

really appreciate it..

yaynds.gif

EDIT:

there aren't any cheats for worms 2 (eur) right??

coz i am not able to see the cheat button thingy in botton beside the r4ds cheat thingy...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I certainly am impressed. And seeing the amount of downloads on that decryptor, I do see why I had the notion CB games were left untouchable. Good find sir, I salute thee with my top hat :3

EDIT: I have a question Rayder if he doesn't mind. Do you have the Inf Enery code for MP: Hunters on your .dat file? If you don't, I can send you it :3!

My dat doesn't appear to have it. Post the codes here (along with the GameID, so I put it in the correct listing) and I'll add it. Or you can PM me if you prefer.

Hey, Rayder, can you please add backlight codes for Resident Evil DS into your file please? thank you. xD

Hmm....backlight codes should already be there. It's been added to every game in the dat. Sometimes though, they just don't work. I found that Eragon doesn't work with ANY of the codes, for example.

Some One should make a sticky out of this..

you are doin' AWESOME work RaYdEr

really appreciate it..

yaynds.gif

EDIT:

there aren't any cheats for worms 2 (eur) right??

coz i am not able to see the cheat button thingy in botton beside the r4ds cheat thingy...

Hmm....you see no codes? I have 2 listings for Worms2 Euro with different GameID's. The official ID and an ARM fixed alternate ID. Post what YOUR game has as a GameID and I'll add it to the dat.

QUOTE(maxpowersin @ Sep 13 2007, 09:30 AM)
So what do you suggest I do now??

Should I get the U.S version?

The USA version also has multiple Game ID's due to the ARM7 fix requirement. The official ID and the ARM fixed alternate ID. I have two files for that too.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country

Hmm....backlight codes should already be there. It's been added to every game in the dat. Sometimes though, they just don't work. I found that Eragon doesn't work with ANY of the codes, for example.
Erm, it doesn't show up in the cheat selection list on my R4, is that what you meant by "just don't work"? :S

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
QUOTE said:
Hmm....you see no codes? I have 2 listings for Worms2 Euro with different GameID's. The official ID and an ARM fixed alternate ID. Post what YOUR game has as a GameID and I'll add it to the dat.

The USA version also has multiple Game ID's due to the ARM7 fix requirement. The official ID and the ARM fixed alternate ID. I have two files for that too.

Hmm....
smile.gif

As you might have already figured out I am a little new at this.
shy.gif

I am not exactly sure what a game id is but I think it's the number which is written in the file name when you get the rom. If that's the case then my rom id is 1368. I know mine is the europe one. I also fixed the arm thing using ds lazy (I replaced the protected arm7.bin with the unprotected one).

Hope this helps..

And again thanks for everything..
Appreciate it..
yaynds.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Erm, it doesn't show up in the cheat selection list on my R4, is that what you meant by "just don't work"? :S

Hmm.... both instances of Resident Evil have the Backlight Codes in the list.....it's a folder at the very bottom of the list.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm....Â
smile.gif

As you might have already figured out I am a little new at this.Â
shy.gif

I am not exactly sure what a game id is but I think it's the number which is written in the file name when you get the rom. If that's the case then my rom id is 1368. I know mine is the europe one. I also fixed the arm thing using ds lazy (I replaced the protected arm7.bin with the unprotected one).

Hope this helps..

And again thanks for everything..
Appreciate it..Â
yaynds.gif

You can get the GameID from the cheat code editor under "tools" and "get GameID from ROM", then selecting the ROM in question. What you listed is just the release number, not the GameID.
Get the editor here:
http://www.r4ds.com/soft/5-other-en.htm (scroll to the bottom for the file link. You can also read the instructions in that link if you need more help determining the GameID)

Since the game is ARM fixed, the GameID varies wildly. For example, the two GameID's I have in the list for Worm2 Euro are:
AW2P 3c47276a (official)
AW2P 53afb83b (alternate ARM fixed version)

For the USA versions:
AW2E cc785aee (official)
AW2E 20de272a (alternate ARM fixed verison)

The likely reason you aren't seeing the codes is because when you ARM fixed your ROM, you may have used a different ARM7.bin and it might have caused the game to have a different GameID. I used the ARM7.bin from the (J) version of Sim City. Since your GameID may be different, the codes don't show for you.

Once you determine your GameID, post what it is in this thread and I'll add it to the dat.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time using the Codebreaker to Action Replay converter. Woot!

Added these codes for DK Jungle Climber (USA)

Max Bananas
Max Crystals
Infinite Lives
Invincible Stars (untested, not sure exactly what it is, LOL) EDIT: Wait! I know what this is now! YES! It works!
Backlight codes

Other codes I tried to convert that didn't work and therfore are NOT added:

DK Complete (didn't work)
Can Complete (didn't work)
KONG Complete (didn't work)
Moon Jump (Press B) (would not convert)
Hold X for Invincibility Mode (would not convert)
Press Select to 100 Seconds (Banana Catching Minigame) (would not convert)

Link in Sig.
grog.gif

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Oh...
wacko.gif

Now I get it!!!!
bow.gif

I did what you said

The game id is AW2P 53afb83b

I was just wondering. Did no one ask you to add the codes for this game. I mean it's popular and all.

Anyways hoping you add the cheats!!

Thanks.

yaynds.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...Â
wacko.gif

Now I get it!!!!Â
bow.gif

I did what you said

The game id is AW2P 53afb83b

I was just wondering. Did no one ask you to add the codes for this game. I mean it's popular and all.

Anyways hoping you add the cheats!!

Thanks.

yaynds.gif

Hmm...your code matches the alternate code for the cheats of the ARM fixed Euro version. It should be there. You sure you have the latest version of the dat? The dat gets updated nearly everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...