GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
teeyaha said:
Hi there,
I am looking for the best card to play GBA games.
I already have a supercard slot1 SDHC which I use for DS games.
So I basically want to get another just for GBA, I would like to load a lot of games on and just wondering if the extra ram is worth while or internet?
Thank you
M3Real Perfect/Deluxe Bundle. It seems to be the best flashcart to play GBA Games. It comes with an expansion pack for GBA Games, and it should have another expansion pack for extra RAM. (Mainly used for DS Browser)

Correct me if I am wrong...

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
teeyaha said:
Hey,
Thanks for the info guys.
Found this one

http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php?ac...mp;productId=24

Thinking about getting it.
But before I do just wondering if I have another cheaper option where my supercard one SDHC could be used as a pass card and all I would need to buy is the slot 2 card to play gba?
Thx
I haven't heard of that site. And am not sure about Rumble Ram. I have only heard of the GBA Expansion to be honest xD. And I think it would be better if you ordered from here: Deal Extreme. A lot of people have bought from here, so your are bound to get a response...

Or if you do want a Slot-2, you could just get a EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. I suck with it... So I can't really give you much help about it.

aclors

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noobie here. =0

Use? Games and homebrew
Price Range? Don't particularly care
Slot 1/2? Say what?
Built in or expandable memory? Say what?
GBA compatibility? Definitely
Special features? Uhm, as many as possible?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: I'm just a noob to all this. I want the best there is, so I can enjoy NDS and GBA games on it, as well as some homebrew apps.

teeyaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Splych said:
teeyaha said:
Hey,
Thanks for the info guys.
Found this one

http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php?ac...mp;productId=24

Thinking about getting it.
But before I do just wondering if I have another cheaper option where my supercard one SDHC could be used as a pass card and all I would need to buy is the slot 2 card to play gba?
Thx
I haven't heard of that site. And am not sure about Rumble Ram. I have only heard of the GBA Expansion to be honest xD. And I think it would be better if you ordered from here: Deal Extreme. A lot of people have bought from here, so your are bound to get a response...

Or if you do want a Slot-2, you could just get a EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. I suck with it... So I can't really give you much help about it.

Hey,
Cheers for advice. Got EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack from http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php?ac...mp;productId=14.
Working perfect, just what I wanted Cheers

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? Games, media (movies/music), and emulators (nes and snes)
Price Range? Doesn't really matter
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 (DSi compatible - this limits my choices)
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? Don't believe I can get this with a DSi (maybe a GBA emulator?)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: AK2i, Itouch 2, or any others (I may wait for the new M3 product if anyone thinks that it will be a really great product)

Thanks for the help!

Twone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Use? Games
Price Range? max $30
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? microsd
GBA compatibility? Well, i have EZFlash 3 in 1 so card that is compatible with it
Special features? as many as possible
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: well, edge or acekard 2

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
@killajackson, you'd best wait at least a week or two since Supercard DS ONEi and M3 Reali are slotted for release and these will most likely be serious contenders in the market. If you absolutely cannot wait, the AceKard 2i seems like an obvious choice.

@Twone, I'm guessing you have a DS Lite. If so, the AceKard 2 is a great cart for $12 or so and it runs everything really really smoothly. The problem is that it doesn't have all that many features. You could also go with the M3 Real, it is a bit under $30 and has a bunch of cool features, but the problem with that is the compatibility with the EZ Flash 3 in 1 isn't as good as the AceKard 2.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to wait and see how good the new Supercard and M3 products are. I like the AK2i, but I'm a little afraid of all of the carts breaking on people quickly.

Twone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
PharaohsVizier said:
@killajackson, you'd best wait at least a week or two since Supercard DS ONEi and M3 Reali are slotted for release and these will most likely be serious contenders in the market. If you absolutely cannot wait, the AceKard 2i seems like an obvious choice.

@Twone, I'm guessing you have a DS Lite. If so, the AceKard 2 is a great cart for $12 or so and it runs everything really really smoothly. The problem is that it doesn't have all that many features. You could also go with the M3 Real, it is a bit under $30 and has a bunch of cool features, but the problem with that is the compatibility with the EZ Flash 3 in 1 isn't as good as the AceKard 2.

Okay, i have that phat ds, but should i still buy acekard 2i even i dont have dsi? or just acekard 2.1?

Sergej4620

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games
Price Range? Not important
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 only
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC - SDHC compatibility necessary
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Wii connectability
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSi compatability

Looking to buy a pair of flashcarts in the next couple of weeks to go along with the DSi I'm planning to get. Not looking for any special in-game features like real-time saves, or soft-resetability, but I would like the games to be able to connect to their Wii counterparts correctly.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sergej4620 said:
Use? Games
Price Range? Not important
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 only
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC - SDHC compatibility necessary
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Wii connectability
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSi compatability

Looking to buy a pair of flashcarts in the next couple of weeks to go along with the DSi I'm planning to get. Not looking for any special in-game features like real-time saves, or soft-resetability, but I would like the games to be able to connect to their Wii counterparts correctly.
Only one flashcart I know is compatible with the Wii and it is the CycloDS Evolution. Team Cyclo hasn't created a flashcart for the DSi, so we aren't sure if they will or won't. The SuperCard DSONEi looks nice since they say it can update the SuperCard's firmware to work with the DSi even if it does update.

So all I can say is either wait for Team Cyclo, Wait for the SuperCard DSONEi, or get a flashcart for the DSi. (None have connectivity with the Wii though)

Freekers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use? Games
Price Range? Below 20$ on DealExtreme
Slot 1/2? I don't care
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Not important
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSTT, Supercard, EDGE or Acekard 2

Normal Phat First Gen Nintendo DS

Thanks !

Freekers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone please
biggrin.gif
?

I'm in a bit of a hurry sorry about that (final exams)
blush.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Freekers said:
Use? Games
Price Range? Below 20$ on DealExtreme
Slot 1/2? I don't care
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Not important
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSTT, Supercard, EDGE or Acekard 2

Normal Phat First Gen Nintendo DS

Thanks !
I would go for the Acekard 2
It doesn't have all those special functions, but has a nice GUI and is fast. It also updates a lot
If you really need special things (like real time save), you have to take the supercard, but that card has a very bad GUI in my opinion
DSTT is outdated (like R4)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use? Games!!
Price Range? Don't care really, as long as it fits my needs
smile.gif

Slot 1/2? Both.
Built in or expandable memory? I would prefer SD. What's the difference between Micro and normal one? Is it faster or just has bigger capacity?
GBA compatibility? Yes! That's the most important thing.
Real Time Clock? Yes! This is another very, very important thing.
Any special features? Well, DS-GBA linkage would be appreciated, but it can be done with PC emulator NocashGBA as well, right? In that case I don't need it, if the saves from the card can be used in it. Perhaps Download Play, see the question below please. Oh, and if it counts as special, it should have 100% compatability with games. It doesn't matter that much, if you have to use a "special" memory card.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: So far I only found the Supercard and M3 to have RTC, does anything else have it as well?

Questions:

1. How does the screen look like when playing GBA on DS (cartridge or flashcard), is it different from GBA? Because on one site, somebody posted photos and said it looks horrible, it looked less clear, smaller and yuckier alltoghether.

2. You can normally play multiplayer when in Wifi area using flashcards, right? And when using Download Play, the other person doesn't need the game, that's just it?

3. Can you use M3 Lite with GBA? (and the RTC Supercard?)

Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fel said:
Use? Games!!
Price Range? Don't care really, as long as it fits my needs
smile.gif

Slot 1/2? Both.
Built in or expandable memory? I would prefer SD. What's the difference between Micro and normal one? Is it faster or just has bigger capacity? Micro SD is just a smaller card than normal SD, but has the same functions. Its advised using SD micro as it is more compact
GBA compatibility? Yes! That's the most important thing.
Real Time Clock? Yes! This is another very, very important thing.
Any special features? Well, DS-GBA linkage would be appreciated, but it can be done with PC emulator NocashGBA as well, right? In that case I don't need it, if the saves from the card can be used in it. Perhaps Download Play, see the question below please. Oh, and if it counts as special, it should have 100% compatability with games. It doesn't matter that much, if you have to use a "special" memory card.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: So far I only found the Supercard and M3 to have RTC, does anything else have it as well?

Questions:

1. How does the screen look like when playing GBA on DS (cartridge or flashcard), is it different from GBA? Because on one site, somebody posted photos and said it looks horrible, it looked less clear, smaller and yuckier all together.
It should look better on a DS screen that on the GBA screen

2. You can normally play multiplayer when in Wifi area using flashcards, right? And when using Download Play, the other person doesn't need the game, that's just it? Flashcarts allow normal multiplayer functions. This includes Wifi. And yes, with download play the second ds doesn't need the game

3. Can you use M3 Lite with GBA? (and the RTC Supercard?) not sure, sorry

Thanks!
Sorry I'm a bit late (was on a school trip), but I guess you should take the M3 real perfect (deluxe) pack. Questions are answered above

jagviper

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Games
Price Range? Doesnt matter that much
Slot 1/2? 1
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Nope
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Acekard 2, Cyclo

I'm leaning toward the Acekard 2, is there any big reason other then RTS that a cyclo (or any other card) is that much better in terms of games?
I have a DS Lite

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jagviper said:
Use? Games
Price Range? Doesnt matter that much
Slot 1/2? 1
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Nope
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Acekard 2, Cyclo

I'm leaning toward the Acekard 2, is there any big reason other then RTS that a cyclo (or any other card) is that much better in terms of games?
I have a DS Lite

In terms of games? No, the AceKard2 does support all the games just like the CycloDS.

You can buy it here:

http://nxpgame.com/acekard-3.html

Great webshop with superb support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.