Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Compatible with the DS and DSi
Price Range? £0-£15 ish
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable (microSD? 8GB microSD support possible?)
Special features? Nah, just good compatibility. And not a dead team.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? DSTTi
Other? Nope.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Don't mind
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't mind
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't mind

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

Thanks. I'm getting a CycloDS for my friend and I want my own that will work with DS and DSi just for games and have good compatibility.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MaXAiRO said:
tj_cool said:
EZ flash is a good expansion
theres not much other expansions that have 3 functions in 1 cartridge
and it has good compatibility (only don't know if it works on your card but I think it will, almost certainly if you have YSmenu)

about the links: the first one comes with an EZ falsh V plus flashcard and some accessories, the other one is only the expansion
so if you don't need a new flashcard, buy the second one
Thank you for the info. I m thinking of buying a brand new flash cart since i want a stable and original flash cart and not the R4 i have at the moment. Shall I buy Acekard 2 + EZ slot 2 expansion or the one at the first link i gave you? What do you suggest?
I would go for the acekard2 + EZ flash 3in1 combo. As far as I've seen, the EZ flaschcart isn't that good.
So you can use the 2nd link for the expansion and then buy an acekard2 elsewhere (or also on DX)
Thats your best choice
smile.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Livin in a box said:
Price Range? £0-£15 ish
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable (microSD? 8GB microSD support possible?)
Other? Nope.

Thanks. I'm getting a CycloDS for my friend and I want my own that will work with DS and DSi just for games and have good compatibility.
Acekard2i. You won't be happy with a DSTT.

alexkapi12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
alexkapi12 said:
Use? Game roms DS, GBA with expansion (and only on DS(lite), not DSi)
Price Range? Less than 40$, preferably cheap. around $40, $20 without expansion
Slot 1/2? 1 slot1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable micro SD(HC)
Special features? 100% and the ability to read gba roms. 100% , GBA with expansion
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I am thinking about the acekard 2i because I might upgrade to the new ds soon, but supercard and cyclods are also options
I guess you best choice is an Acekard2i and the EZ flash 3 in 1 expansion pack
The expansion is for the GBA games and as a bonus you get rumble and memory expansion
NOTE: The expansion pack is needed for GBA and thus the DSi cant play GBA games as it has no slot2
The total price is around $40 on DX, but you don't need to order there if you don't want to
Supercard and CycloDS are good cards, but then you wont have enough money to buy the expansion for gba games

I decided not to go cheap and just brought an acekard 2i and a 4gb microsd card which in total (Including shipping) is 80$
Brought the acekard from kickgaming and the microsd from tigerdirect.
Damn 15$ shipping.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
Livin in a box said:
Price Range? £0-£15 ish
Slot 1/2? 1
Other? Nope.

Acekard2i. You won't be happy with a DSTT.
Yeah, I've just been looking at them. I'll probably get one of those and an 8GB microSD card.

Shohan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. No responses so I just went ahead and ordered an AK 2i and the EZFlash 3-in-1. The build quality of the 2i is supposed to be better and what not so I figured the extra cost wasn't an issue and if I ever upgrade to a DSi hopefully I'll still be ok.

Shohan said:
Use? DS, GBA, SNES, NES games. Homebrew?
Price Range? Negotiable
Slot 1/2? Both since I want to play GBA
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable. I already have an 8GB microSD card.
Special features? Definately want to be able to use the WIFI for multiplayer games. Ideally like I had the real game inserted.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
Other?

Well, I borrowed a buddies U2DS card and have been playing with it. It seems to work well with the games I've tried, but I've heard it's a clone or something, blah blah. What it comes down to though is I'd like to be able to play DS games, GBA with a slot 2 card (probably EZFlash 3-in-1), figure out how to play SNES and NES games as well. Homebrew would be cool, but honestly I have no clue what homebrew apps are out there. I just started with this stuff.

Price is negotiable because if I can get all this to work it'll be cheaper in the long run. Needs MicroSDHC support, which as I've read isn't really a probelm anymore, because I already have an 8GB MicroSD card.

I keep seeing the CycloDS is the best. As I understand it there are only a couple flashcarts that support savestates like when you are using an emulator on a PC right? That would be a handy feature to have instead of having to search for a save point in whatever game. The in-game guid feature sounds really cool, but not totally needed. I can look up guides form a PC or something, but it would still be a plus.

Thanks for the help.
moogle.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish I could've gone onto GBAtemp more often. The slowness just troubles me since I guess you can say that I am impatient.

==

@ Shohan ~ Nothing wrong with your choice. Cheapest possible solution with the best compatibility at the price. And the chip will be the only thing that will be troubling you. You might have trouble pushing it in, but who cares... Most people will just press the Micro SD out of there since it is spring loaded.

Also, there are a few games that have cheats that will allow you to save anywhere. If you keep your cheat database updated to the current one that is released at GBAtemp, you should know which ones have that cheat. FFIV should have that cheat. I think FFIII would to, but not fully sure.

Look into the AKAIO firmware. It is the only AceKard firmware that is being updated, and since Team AceKard doesn't seem to be updating anymore, use AKAIO as I have already said. It is good to get used to it... And since AKAIO has many bugs that were fixed from the original AceKard 2 firmware.

MaXAiRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Splych said:
Look into the AKAIO firmware. It is the only AceKard firmware that is being updated, and since Team AceKard doesn't seem to be updating anymore, use AKAIO as I have already said. It is good to get used to it... And since AKAIO has many bugs that were fixed from the original AceKard 2 firmware.
Do you mean that AceKard team stopped releasing updates? Or you mean that they release AKAIO only?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Acekard 2.1 is the newer AceKard. The AceKard 2 is the older AceKard.

To be more specific, the AceKard 2 had a FAT error, causing it to not function properly. That caused problems since not much people could use it and many batches of the AceKard 2 had this FAT error.

Later on, Team AceKard released the AceKard 2.1 with a different coloured PCB. That way, you could distinguish the difference between the old AceKard 2 with the AceKard 2.1. Also the sticker has a .1 after 2. The AceKard 2.1 is suppose to have fixed the FAT error, but I heard that some people have gotten it still with the new AceKard 2.1 (Correct me if I am wrong. My memory is the worst)

PCB stands for PC Board (Well for me it does). Just the board that holds all the chips. All DS Games and flashcarts have a PCB. Just the thing that your DS reads and the shell just makes it bulky and for protection.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I can't say that all internet shops sell them. You will just have to be sure you are ordering a 2.1. Some stores sell the 2.1 and the 2, some sell the 2 and some sell the 2.1 only.

Your flag says you are from Greece, so DealExtreme is the way to go. Since I don't know where flashcarts can be sold in Greece, and my Geography sucks... So I know of no place near Greece. xD

AceKard 2.1 at $11.22. I would recommend getting this AceKard. It was released when the AceKard 2.1 was announced. I am not too sure about this AceKard since this could possible be one of the old batches... (this is hyper linked just so you know)

It has pictures of a 2.1, but who knows... if this is a 2.1 or not. (Talking about the 2nd AceKard that was hyper linked)

skalnik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS Games. Tired of lugging all of mine around
Price Range? Cheaper better, but no specific price range
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SDHC
Special features? DSi Compatibility would be nice, but not huge. If I can get a much better non-DSi flashcart, I'm fine with that. Cheat Support would be nice too.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular EDGE, CycloDS, AceKard?
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Don't care
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't care

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skalnik said:
Use? DS Games. Tired of lugging all of mine around
Price Range? Cheaper better, but no specific price range
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SDHC
Special features? DSi Compatibility would be nice, but not huge. If I can get a much better non-DSi flashcart, I'm fine with that
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular EDGE, CycloDS
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Don't care
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't care
Awesome. You make my life easier. You only want to play DS Games so than go for the AceKard 2.1 /w AKAIO Firmware. Cheapest solution, as it is probably one of the cheapest flashcarts with the best compatibility. I own one, and have had no problems. The GUI is quick and clean, loads NDS fast when compared with others.

There is also the AceKard 2i which is compatible with the DSi. We are not sure if it will work with the North American DSi, but is compatible with the Japanese DSi. Has exact same features as the AceKard 2.1, only difference is that it has a protruding chip that makes inserting and ejecting slightly different then one with a DS Game.

The EDGE is also a good choice, but since I have had hands on experience with the AceKard 2.1, I would recommend the AceKard instead. The CycloDS is good too, but only worth the money if you are going to use the extra features (In-Game Guide and RealTimeSave). If you aren't going to use them, then don't bother with the CycloDS Evolution.

Seeing as you are from the United States of America, I would recommend that you buy from one of these online stores:
Real Hot Stuff (Fast shipping, and some items have free shipping, Based in USA)
Deal Woot (Fast shipping, but not all items have free shipping, Based in USA)
Newegg (For your Micro SD Cards, Micro SDHC Cards, Free shipping, Based in USA)

(Getting yelled at to sleep now... I took most of my time doing this, so just go through the sites to find what you want. I recommend getting an A-DATA 4GB Class 6 Micro SDHC or Transcend 4GB Class Micro SDHC Card and an AceKard 2.1 or 2i depending on your choice to buy a DSi)

Just ask any questions if you have any, and either I will answer it tomorrow, or someone will come across it.

kman2834

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS Games and possibly music.
Price Range? $25 or cheaper is good, anything higher I probably won't buy
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SDHC. I already have a 2 gb
Special features? Support for download play and wifi play
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: All I have heard about is the R4, but after looking on GBAtemp for a while, I am finding that there a bunch of different options. Any suggestions would be nice.
Other?

MaXAiRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Splych said:
Well, I can't say that all internet shops sell them. You will just have to be sure you are ordering a 2.1. Some stores sell the 2.1 and the 2, some sell the 2 and some sell the 2.1 only.

Your flag says you are from Greece, so DealExtreme is the way to go. Since I don't know where flashcarts can be sold in Greece, and my Geography sucks... So I know of no place near Greece. xD

AceKard 2.1 at $11.22. I would recommend getting this AceKard. It was released when the AceKard 2.1 was announced. I am not too sure about this AceKard since this could possible be one of the old batches... (this is hyper linked just so you know)

It has pictures of a 2.1, but who knows... if this is a 2.1 or not. (Talking about the 2nd AceKard that was hyper linked)
There are no shops that sell flashcarts here in Greece except for some crooks who still sell R4 for 40 euros. DX is at the other corner on the earth compared to Greece and i have to wait for 15-30 days for a produt to arrive but it s the best deal. The difference between the first and the second link that u gave me is that the first contains only the flashcart (compact edition) and the second includes usb adapter for MicroSD. On both products' pictures i can see the v2.1 under the Acekard logo. So I think that there ll be no problems.

skalnik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Seeing as you are from the United States of America, I would recommend that you buy from one of these online stores:
Real Hot Stuff (Fast shipping, and some items have free shipping, Based in USA)
Deal Woot (Fast shipping, but not all items have free shipping, Based in USA)
Newegg (For your Micro SD Cards, Micro SDHC Cards, Free shipping, Based in USA)

(Getting yelled at to sleep now... I took most of my time doing this, so just go through the sites to find what you want. I recommend getting an A-DATA 4GB Class 6 Micro SDHC or Transcend 4GB Class Micro SDHC Card and an AceKard 2.1 or 2i depending on your choice to buy a DSi)

Just ask any questions if you have any, and either I will answer it tomorrow, or someone will come across it.
I was looking at DealXtreme, since they have very good prices ($11.40 or so for AceKart 2.1 + MicroSD reader). So you suggest not using them for any reason?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ MaxAiRO ~ That is how the cheapos roll... Are there any neighbouring countries that are quite popular? Are you close to UK by any chance? Like is it closer than China? If so, there is another site I would recommend buying from if you want it to come faster.

And about the AceKard, not sure. You can try, and hopefully get a 2.1, but I haven't been reading anything about a 2.1 with a reader since everyone seems to be getting the Compact Edition. Other than that, people also recommend for you to use another reader. Since most flashcarts come with crappy readers, most people recommend getting a better one. But since you are from Greece, I don't know any computer stores near you. So you might as well try getting the one with a Reader and hope that your AceKard is a 2.1.

@ skalnik ~ Don't go DealExtreme if you are from the USA. I have been telling people to go there, but I have been reading too many problems since they ship very slow. You could try Real Hot Stuff or DealWoot. They are better IMO if you want them to come faster. But if you want the cheapest... DealExtreme is the way to go. Just don't complain if the product comes too slow for you.

The AceKard 2.1 is your choice. Do some research about AKAIO and you will learn more about it once you receive your AceKard. You will be prepared instead of spamming by saying you have too many problems with the original AceKard firmware (sounds wrong, but what I mean is go with AKAIO since they have fixed many bugs the original AceKard firmware had.)

I know Real Hot Stuff has free shipping on their AceKard 2.1 but is just more expensive. It would be better since you wouldn't have to wait as long when ordering at Deal Extreme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright