GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jamface202 said:
Hi,

My girlfriend has an Edge card from DealExtreme which was purchased before christmas. I've used it and think it's perfect as it's relatively cheap, plays every game I've tried to play with it and is updated frequently. It also plays movies which I like to do occasionaly.

However, it seems that nowhere has them any more (well, I've looked at DealExtreme and FocalPrice).

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the Edge card? Or somewhere that does it at a reasonable price?
You could go for an AceKard 2.1. The original firmware doesn't get updated much now... But the alternative firmware known as AKAIO does. I think they have it in stock at DealExtreme. If not DealExtreme, and you want something faster, go to Real Hot Stuff. They sell the AceKard 2.1 for $20 USD with free shipping. (Gotta click Free Shipping Items on the Top Left Corner of the site. Or somewhere near that area.)

I am sorta busy... So you are going to need to search for it yourself. DealExtreme.com and Realhotstuff.com

QUOTE(wingzrow @ Mar 24 2009, 08:31 PM) I need a recommendation. What site is cheapest, fastest, and generally most reliable to buy a M3 card from? I've seen allot of fake m3 cards being sold online and would like some feedback on buying from a good site.
Depends on how much you want to pay maximum. RealHotStuff.com is a good site. They have free shipping on the M3Real. But it is sorta expensive... You could also try DealExtreme.com. Free shipping, cheapest prices, just slow. Be careful, they have a fake M3Real being sold there. So just look out for it. Post the link here before you buy.

Dokko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a R4DS replacement.

Want to be able to support 4gb+ capacity, and really apart from the usual standards that the R4 does, that is all i require.

Cheers

jamface202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
You could go for an AceKard 2.1. The original firmware doesn't get updated much now... But the alternative firmware known as AKAIO does. I think they have it in stock at DealExtreme. If not DealExtreme, and you want something faster, go to Real Hot Stuff. They sell the AceKard 2.1 for $20 USD with free shipping. (Gotta click Free Shipping Items on the Top Left Corner of the site. Or somewhere near that area.)
Thanks man, ordered the AceKard from DX, will be putting the AKAIO firmware on it when I get it
smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dokko said:
Looking for a R4DS replacement.

Want to be able to support 4gb+ capacity, and really apart from the usual standards that the R4 does, that is all i require.

Cheers
So nothing specific? No specific features? Now that all new flashcarts have Auto DLDI patching, that isn't going to be a problem.

I would go the the AceKard 2.1 + AKAIO firmware. It is probably one of the best flashcarts with compatibility, the GUI/OS is so clean, there are like no bugs. Cheats work nicely, Soft Reset is the only hassle.

You can buy it at DealExtreme.com. Cheapest prices, free shipping, but it is just slow shipping since they are based in Asia.

If you want something faster, go with RealHotStuff.com. They have the AceKard 2.1 for free shipping (for only US Residents). Just go to the side and click on the Free Shipping Items.

jamface202 said:
QUOTE(Splych @ Mar 25 2009, 12:54 AM) You could go for an AceKard 2.1. The original firmware doesn't get updated much now... But the alternative firmware known as AKAIO does. I think they have it in stock at DealExtreme. If not DealExtreme, and you want something faster, go to Real Hot Stuff. They sell the AceKard 2.1 for $20 USD with free shipping. (Gotta click Free Shipping Items on the Top Left Corner of the site. Or somewhere near that area.)
Thanks man, ordered the AceKard from DX, will be putting the AKAIO firmware on it when I get it
smile.gif
Awesome. Hope you enjoy your AceKard~!

theHULK

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS Games, Homebrew
Price Range? 30-50.
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? Not necessary
Special features? Nothing really. As long as it can play a high amount of DS games with the least amount of hassle.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular SuperCard DS One v3, CycloDS Evolution, R4 DS. Open to suggestions though.
Other? I don't mind if it has the capability for GBA gameplay, it's nice and all but it's no big deal to me. I just want a high compatibility with DS games. Without having to use several kinds of memory. If whatever card is best for me does require a specific kind of memory, please let me know or point me in the right direction.

One last thing, really considering this http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sdhc...rosd-p-169.html. Free shipping, a free 1GB sandisk which I was planning on buying anyway. 30 bucks. Yes? No?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
knumskul said:
whats the difference between an SD card and micro SD card? which one do the DS flashcarts use?
Micro SD card is like the name says a smaller version of SD card
You also have mini SD, which is bigger than micro SD but smaller than normal SD
Just search for pictures on google and you'll see the difference

Anyway, flashcarts need micro SD (at least the most of them)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the compliments guys.

theHULK said:
Use? DS Games, Homebrew
Price Range? 30-50.
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? Nothing really. As long as it can play a high amount of DS games with the least amount of hassle.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular SuperCard DS One v3, CycloDS Evolution, R4 DS. Open to suggestions though.
Other? I don't mind if it has the capability for GBA gameplay, it's nice and all but it's no big deal to me. I just want a high compatibility with DS games. Without having to use several kinds of memory. If whatever card is best for me does require a specific kind of memory, please let me know or point me in the right direction.

One last thing, really considering this http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sdhc...rosd-p-169.html. Free shipping, a free 1GB sandisk which I was planning on buying anyway. 30 bucks. Yes? No?
I wouldn't go with the CycloDS Evolution. I know this will bring in lots of problems, but if you aren't going to use it's extra features, you are wasting a load of money just to play DS Games. Those extra features are; In-Game Guide (Read text files during game play. Useful for Walkthroughs), Real Time Save (Save anywhere in a game using the CycloDS's Saver), and Wii-DS Connectivity (Connect your Wii to DS. Usual use is for Pokemon...).

If you aren't going to use those features get a AceKard 2.1. You can find it in the free shipping section of Real Hot Stuff. It is just a basic flashcart with a fast GUI/OS. If you use AKAIO the compatibility is probably the best~! I haven't found a game that doesn't work yet. No special features... It has a alternate firmware that is so far the only AceKard firmware being updated and that is AKAIO. Read more in the AceKard section, as there is a thread with the AKAIO wiki.

If you want something similar to the CycloDS, you can get the SuperCard DS One v3. I have just had some trouble with cheats. It has these extra features: Real Time Save (Save Anywhere using SuperCard's Saver), Real Time Guide (Read a Guide using the SuperCard's Guide thingy. Just an ugly green color when compared to CycloDS), Real Time Cheat (Edit cheats during gameplay), and Triple-Boot (Allows you to boot 3 different firmwares. Those are the SuperCard's Firmware, DSTT Firmware and YSMenu firmware). Cheaper than the CycloDS, but some people have had issues with cheats and it's laggy OS/GUI.

I don't suggest you to get a R4DS. Most likely what ever R4DS you get is a clone and is fake. It has a chance of bricking your DS or in other words, breaking it. I recommend you get a SD Card from Newegg.com. They only ship to US, but I have recommended to people to get a A-DATA 4GB Micro SDHC Card or a Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Card. They are both good quality and maybe even get a reader there while you are at it.

Links:
AceKard 2.1 (/w Free Shipping) $19.00 USD
CycloDS Evolution (/w Free Shipping) $46.00 USD
superCard DS One v3 + Sandisk 1GB(/w Free Shipping) $30.00 USD (Cheapest one. I recommend getting a new MicroSD/SDHC Card as 1GB is never enough for most people)
Newegg (For your MicroSD Card or MicroSDHC Card site)

QUOTE(knumskul @ Mar 26 2009, 12:13 PM) whats the difference between an SD card and micro SD card? which one do the DS flashcarts use?
An SD Card is just another form of flash memory. It is larger and is often used with cameras.
A Micro SD Card is another form of flash memory but smaller. Often used with Cellphones. They have adapters that allow them to be used as SD Cards, Mini SD Cards and in some places Memory Sticks.

DS Flashcarts use Micro SD Cards. As TJ said, most of them. He meant that there are some flashcarts with built in memory such as the AceKard R.P.G. or the G6 Real. But there are some Slot-2 flashcarts that use MiniSD, MicroSD or SD. Just be careful.... And read the labeling correctly.

theHULK

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Thanks for the compliments guys.

theHULK said:
Use? DS Games, Homebrew
Price Range? 30-50.
Slot 1/2? 1

One last thing, really considering this [url=http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sdhc...rosd-p-169.html]http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sdhc...rosd-p-169.html[/url]. Free shipping, a free 1GB sandisk which I was planning on buying anyway. 30 bucks. Yes? No?
I wouldn't go with the CycloDS Evolution. I know this will bring in lots of problems, but if you aren't going to use it's extra features, you are wasting a load of money just to play DS Games. Those extra features are; In-Game Guide (Read text files during game play. Useful for Walkthroughs), Real Time Save (Save anywhere in a game using the CycloDS's Saver), and Wii-DS Connectivity (Connect your Wii to DS. Usual use is for Pokemon...).

If you aren't going to use those features get a AceKard 2.1. You can find it in the free shipping section of Real Hot Stuff. It is just a basic flashcart with a fast GUI/OS. If you use AKAIO the compatibility is probably the best~! I haven't found a game that doesn't work yet. No special features... It has a alternate firmware that is so far the only AceKard firmware being updated and that is AKAIO. Read more in the AceKard section, as there is a thread with the AKAIO wiki.

If you want something similar to the CycloDS, you can get the SuperCard DS One v3. I have just had some trouble with cheats. It has these extra features: Real Time Save (Save Anywhere using SuperCard's Saver), Real Time Guide (Read a Guide using the SuperCard's Guide thingy. Just an ugly green color when compared to CycloDS), Real Time Cheat (Edit cheats during gameplay), and Triple-Boot (Allows you to boot 3 different firmwares. Those are the SuperCard's Firmware, DSTT Firmware and YSMenu firmware). Cheaper than the CycloDS, but some people have had issues with cheats and it's laggy OS/GUI.

I don't suggest you to get a R4DS. Most likely what ever R4DS you get is a clone and is fake. It has a chance of bricking your DS or in other words, breaking it. I recommend you get a SD Card from Newegg.com. They only ship to US, but I have recommended to people to get a A-DATA 4GB Micro SDHC Card or a Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Card. They are both good quality and maybe even get a reader there while you are at it.

Links:
AceKard 2.1 (/w Free Shipping) $19.00 USD
CycloDS Evolution (/w Free Shipping) $46.00 USD
superCard DS One v3 + Sandisk 1GB(/w Free Shipping) $30.00 USD (Cheapest one. I recommend getting a new MicroSD/SDHC Card as 1GB is never enough for most people)
Newegg (For your MicroSD Card or MicroSDHC Card site)

QUOTE(knumskul @ Mar 26 2009, 12:13 PM) whats the difference between an SD card and micro SD card? which one do the DS flashcarts use?
An SD Card is just another form of flash memory. It is larger and is often used with cameras.
A Micro SD Card is another form of flash memory but smaller. Often used with Cellphones. They have adapters that allow them to be used as SD Cards, Mini SD Cards and in some places Memory Sticks.

DS Flashcarts use Micro SD Cards. As TJ said, most of them. He meant that there are some flashcarts with built in memory such as the AceKard R.P.G. or the G6 Real. But there are some Slot-2 flashcarts that use MiniSD, MicroSD or SD. Just be careful.... And read the labeling correctly.

Thank you very much. I think I'm gonna end up going with that SuperCard and the MicroSD it comes with that I linked to. I don't really need anything bigger than 1GB, and a friend of mine has said I'll think otherwise once I get it, but honestly I used to use a 1GB on a PSP and never complained. A PSP...where the games can be anywhere between 100MBs to a couple GBs.

So right now I'll look around and see what's better, Acekard or SuperCard One V3. Honestly, I like the SuperCard because of the real time saver. Although I hear things about the sluggish OS and all, unless it effects me in game, I really won't care all that much.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theHULK said:
Thank you very much. I think I'm gonna end up going with that SuperCard and the MicroSD it comes with that I linked to. I don't really need anything bigger than 1GB, and a friend of mine has said I'll think otherwise once I get it, but honestly I used to use a 1GB on a PSP and never complained. A PSP...where the games can be anywhere between 100MBs to a couple GBs.

So right now I'll look around and see what's better, Acekard or SuperCard One V3. Honestly, I like the SuperCard because of the real time saver. Although I hear things about the sluggish OS and all, unless it effects me in game, I really won't care all that much.
The OS is sluggish since it is slow and laggy. It will not affect your gameplay. Only using the touch screen will trouble you since it is very laggy...

Also, try to learn more about triple booting. It will come useful to you as it was my main use if I wanted to use cheats since the SuperCard's cheats weren't really working for me.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS Games, Homebrew
Price Range? As long as its under $75 I don't really care
Slot 1/2? 1.
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable.
GBA compatibility? Don't care.
Special features? Preferably all the bells and whistles. Looking for Wii to DS connectivity, plus any other features worth having.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Not really, there are so many...
Other? I don't really know what the differences are, but I'm looking for a flashcart with tons of features. BTW, I am in Canada and would appreciate any recommended stores.

Thank you very much!
smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tagg7 said:
Use? DS Games, Homebrew
Price Range? As long as its under $75 I don't really care
Slot 1/2? 1.
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable.
GBA compatibility? Don't care.
Special features? Preferably all the bells and whistles. Looking for Wii to DS connectivity, plus any other features worth having.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Not really, there are so many...
Other? I don't really know what the differences are, but I'm looking for a flashcart with tons of features. BTW, I am in Canada and would appreciate any recommended stores.

Thank you very much!
smile.gif
CycloDS Evolution. Only flashcart with Wii - DS Connectivity. Has In-Game Guide to let you read guides while you play (Like Walkthroughs basically) and Real Time Save (Save anywhere in a game using the CycloDS saver). It is under $75 I think...

If you can live without those features, get a AceKard 2.1. Works in a similar way. Has the basic features and can do anything a CycloDS can except for Wii - DS Connectivity, RealTimeSave and In Game Guide. A good way to do it is this... Just don't connect your Wii to DS, Save whenever possible during a game, and use the computer to read Guides. Much cheaper than the CycloDS.

Since you are from Canada, I recommend you buy from GamerSection. They ship quite fast and many people have experience with them.

They CycloDS Evolutions are $51.95. With a 2GB, they are $60.95. With a 4GB, they are $70.95. Their AceKard 2.1 is on sale for $28.95. I am too lazy to hyper link them all... So you might as well do some searching for yourself
wink.gif

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Use? NDS + GBA games.
Price Range? I don't know flashcard's cost nowadays, I just know that I bought my M3 Simply for about 40€ so I'm looking for that price range but I don't care if it more expensive as long as it's not overpriced.
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable and µSDHC compatible.
Special features? Cheat support for NDS and GBA games and an ergonomical menu preferably.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular No
Other? I just want a flashcard which is fully compatible with all GBA and NDS games, I don't really care about multimedia possiblities that a flashcard offers.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? What's the use ? (I guess yes because I want to play GBA games)
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Same question ^^
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? I don't use my DS as a browser so I don't care but it would be a great feature.

P.S : Sorry for my bad english that's not my native language ^^

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. Sounds like CycloDS is the one for me; I didn't realize that it was the only card to have Wii-to-DS support. I realize few games have this feature, but for things like Echoes of Time is nifty to have.

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Thanks a lot for your answer, so basically if I've correctly understood your post, I have to buy a M3DS Real Perfect Bundle to be able to use cheats in GBA games ? There's absolutely no way to do that with an AceKard 2 + EZ Flash 3 in 1 ?

Gades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what to expect or anything. My reason for this is that my carts are starting to not work.

Use? SNES, NES, GBA, (GB if possible)
Price Range? Preferably Not too high
Slot 1/2? No Clue/Help Me Here
Built in or expandable memory? Not Sure which.
Special features? I have no idea what is available/important
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular No Clue

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? IS it important?
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not important
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't really need internet

Sorry for the lack of knowledge about this. Please help me though!

Big_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an M3 real with GBA expandable ram.

With that you can play nds and gba. For snes, nes, gb, gbc, sega games you will need to find an emulator.
I think I spent close to $80
Slot 1
You use micro sd cards, im using a 4gb and not having any problems
Never really looked for special features, all I know is good game compatibility and homebrew support.

Slot 2 ram is needed to play gba games
The m3 real set I got also came with a rumble pack, never used it but it should work
Just dl the web browser and patch it for the m3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf