Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

thind06

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey every one first time poster long time reader lol
I bougth my DS today and did some research on this site (by the way amazing site!) my options are down to 3 cards the R4, CycloDS and Super Card but this can change lol... So i am confused and i need your guys help my options are at the bottom... A basic run down is i want to play DS, GBA is a most, Snes, ect.

Use? GBA and DS Roms, Homebrew
Price Range? less then $100 but i want a good card lol
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? What does mean? Anyways any...
Special features? Save anywhere...
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS Evolution with EZ FLASH 3 IN 1 for GBA i guess
Other?....
For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? maybe depends on card
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)?

Last question i live Canada and i checked like 1000 sites for cards and was wondering what is the best or perfered by you guys? I really like DealWoot ( I would like fast shipping)

Thanks
Thind06

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
themidsi said:
should i get a acekard 2 or edge card and which could play nes and sega roms ?
SEGA and NES roms from what I have been reading are needed with some emulator. And since both have DLDI patching, either would be good. But also mind this, if you are planning on getting one at DealExtreme, the AceKard 2 is sold out. All you can get is an EDGE there.

EDGE for $16.60

You could wait for the AceKard to come back in stock, but the EDGE right now is the only one. You can choose, either wait or get one right now.

QUOTE(thind06 @ Dec 22 2008, 06:16 PM) Hey every one first time poster long time reader lol
I bougth my DS today and did some research on this site (by the way amazing site!) my options are down to 3 cards the R4, CycloDS and Super Card but this can change lol... So i am confused and i need your guys help my options are at the bottom... A basic run down is i want to play DS, GBA is a most, Snes, ect.

Slot 1/2? 1
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS Evolution with EZ FLASH 3 IN 1 for GBA i guess
Other?....
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

Last question i live Canada and i checked like 1000 sites for cards and was wondering what is the best or perfered by you guys? I really like DealWoot ( I would like fast shipping)

Thanks
Thind06
Hah. R4DS. Don't go with it.

- Has many fakes out
- There are chances of you getting a fake one
- Outdated and doesn't get updated for the firmware anymore.

Your features are easy to find. The SuperCard is a very hard flashcart to handle. (Well IMO, since I own one). To me, the main advantages are Triple-OS, which will give me 3 different OS' in one. The SuperCard, DSTT, and YSMenu. Cheats for example are not working. And Real Time Save isn't actually useful to me...

CycloDS is your best choice. And with an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pack, it's pretty much the best combo for Slot-1 and Slot-2. CycloDS has the best support for NDS Roms and Homebrew. Auto-DLDI patching. Built in GBA Support (Still Need Expansion Pack). Has Real Time Save (Save where ever in the game), Real Time Guide(.txt files can be read during the game) and even Real Time Cheat (Toggle which cheats to turn on and off).

If you want something cheaper than the CycloDS, then go with an AceKard 2. Almost like the CycloDS, but just doesn't have most of it's feautres. Does not have: Real Time Save, Real Time Guide and Real Time Cheat. Still worth your money and also has good compatibility. So if you want something cheaper then the CycloDS, go with the AceKard 2. I doubt that some people use all those extra features of the CycloDS xDD

Where to buy:

GamerSection (Based in Canada, and Many people Order here)
[Get CycloDS, AceKard 2 and/or EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Here)

KickGaming (Also based in Canada, I have ordered from here twice now. And a few others have as well)
[Get AceKard2 and EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Here)

Those are the two main sites you should order from. They should ship fast to you since they aer based in Canada. And also, they both pricematch sites. So say you see a cheaper price for the CycloDS then the one at GamerSection, then you can e-mail them to the certain e-mail and they will pricematch it.

At KickGaming, they use both the competitor's Price and Shipping. They then take 5% off the total price and that's how much you pay.

If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to PM me. I won't mind any questions
tongue.gif

- Echo

thind06

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Echo said:
themidsi said:
should i get a acekard 2 or edge card and which could play nes and sega roms ?
SEGA and NES roms from what I have been reading are needed with some emulator. And since both have DLDI patching, either would be good. But also mind this, if you are planning on getting one at DealExtreme, the AceKard 2 is sold out. All you can get is an EDGE there.

EDGE for $16.60

You could wait for the AceKard to come back in stock, but the EDGE right now is the only one. You can choose, either wait or get one right now.

QUOTE(thind06 @ Dec 22 2008, 06:16 PM) Hey every one first time poster long time reader lol

Slot 1/2? 1
Other?....
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

Thanks
Thind06
Hah. R4DS. Don't go with it.

- Has many fakes out
- There are chances of you getting a fake one
- Outdated and doesn't get updated for the firmware anymore.

Your features are easy to find. The SuperCard is a very hard flashcart to handle. (Well IMO, since I own one). To me, the main advantages are Triple-OS, which will give me 3 different OS' in one. The SuperCard, DSTT, and YSMenu. Cheats for example are not working. And Real Time Save isn't actually useful to me...

CycloDS is your best choice. And with an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pack, it's pretty much the best combo for Slot-1 and Slot-2. CycloDS has the best support for NDS Roms and Homebrew. Auto-DLDI patching. Built in GBA Support (Still Need Expansion Pack). Has Real Time Save (Save where ever in the game), Real Time Guide(.txt files can be read during the game) and even Real Time Cheat (Toggle which cheats to turn on and off).

If you want something cheaper than the CycloDS, then go with an AceKard 2. Almost like the CycloDS, but just doesn't have most of it's feautres. Does not have: Real Time Save, Real Time Guide and Real Time Cheat. Still worth your money and also has good compatibility. So if you want something cheaper then the CycloDS, go with the AceKard 2. I doubt that some people use all those extra features of the CycloDS xDD

Where to buy:

KickGaming (Also based in Canada, I have ordered from here twice now. And a few others have as well)

Those are the two main sites you should order from. They should ship fast to you since they aer based in Canada. And also, they both pricematch sites. So say you see a cheaper price for the CycloDS then the one at GamerSection, then you can e-mail them to the certain e-mail and they will pricematch it.

At KickGaming, they use both the competitor's Price and Shipping. They then take 5% off the total price and that's how much you pay.

tongue.gif

- Echo

Oh damn lol thanks alot for your help really appreciate it! I am going to order today but one problem i am stuck between to cards now, CycloDS Evolution + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 or the M3 Perfet Bundle?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
themidsi said:
ok so i ordered the edge from deal extreme ,so which mirco sd card should i get looking at 4 gb or 8 gb ?
Well for sure, don't buy a Micro SD Card at DealExtreme. If you are living in USA/America, go for this site: NewEgg.

Many people order from there. They have very good choices there. And the two brands you should look out for are A-Data and Transcend. They are both new to the scene, but many people use them and are satisfied. And between a 4GB and 8GB isn't hard to really think of. It's actually your choice of what you want.

So will you be playing many games at once or will you be concentrating on a few games untill you beat them?
Will you put many media files such as pictures or music or will there only be about 20 Of each.

Answer those questions for me. After, I will think of the results. I have a 4GB and am satisfied with it. I haven't even filled it up yet. Only about half of it is filled xDD

QUOTE(thind06 @ Dec 23 2008, 06:47 AM) Oh damn lol thanks alot for your help really appreciate it! I am going to order today but one problem i am stuck between to cards now, CycloDS Evolution + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 or the M3 Perfet Bundle?
CycloDS Evolution + EZFlash 3-in-1 or M3 Perfect Bundle.

That one is pretty tricky if you ask me. So just answer this one question for me and I will know what you want:

-Do you want to use cheats with GBA games?

That's all I ask. If you say yes, then go with the M3 Perfect Bundle, but if you pick no, then go with the CycloDS Evolution.

They both have built in GBA Support. So all you need to do is insert the Expansion pack and choose which games. Simple really.
I just read that only the M3 Perfect Bundle supports cheats for GBA Games while no other flashcart supports cheats for GBA games.

Anymore questions, Then just PM me. I won't mind answering a few more questions
tongue.gif

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thind06 said:
Oh damn lol thanks alot for your help really appreciate it! I am going to order today but one problem i am stuck between to cards now, CycloDS Evolution + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 or the M3 Perfet Bundle?
"CycloDS Evolution + EZ-Flash 3-in-1" hands down. The CycloDS Evolution is the best flashcart on the market if money is not a concern.

QUOTE(Echo @ Dec 23 2008, 04:47 AM) ...

Where to buy:

tongue.gif

- Echo
Thanks for the price matching advice, I never would have thought of that!

wmcduff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use?
Both DS and GBA games, but I don't care about video or rumble or what have you. I just want to be able to carry the games I own without having to pack them all in.
Price Range?
Low as possible, but I'll pay what I need to.
Slot 1/2?
Probably going to have to be both.
Built in or expandable memory?
Expandable seems the safe way to go; if I get too many games, I can just get a bigger card.
Special features?
I own Daigasso! Band Brothers with the GBA style expansion pack, so I'd like to be able to play this. (Yay, living in Japan for a few years). Also, I have a Mac, so I need to be careful about software. Also, my game collection is half Japanese, half English, so the cart needs to support both languages.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
R4 DS, Cyclo DS Revolution, EZ Flash 3 in 1 are the three that seem to be the most popular, but my heart's not set on anything.
Other?
I live very near Bathurst, NB, Canada, so stuff offered by Mod Revolution is preferred, since I can likely pick it up in person and save shipping.
smile.gif

Support slot-2 GBA?
Yes, essential.
Support slot-2 rumble packs?
Meh.
Also meh.

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?
Don't care.

Zoel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think people will put a Acekard 2. 11.27$ at Deal Extreme.

Now i have the same question.

Use?
Mainly for DS games, seeking something to replace my R4. GBA games is covered with Elink.
Price Range?
20-45$
Slot 1/2?
Slot 1.e s
Expandable. Built in are just too expensive.
Special features?
Doesn't need to be much. I don't cheat, i don't use RTS either. Just the
cart needs a fast menu.
M3 Real, Super Card DSone, Edge, Acekard2i and Cyclo Ds if i see them for 45$ to 50$.
Other?
none.

Support slot-2 GBA?
Meh,
Don't care.
Don't care.

Don't care.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Based on your needs, I'd got with AceKard 2.1 or Edge. AK is sold out in a lot of places, but the Edge is a very nice card as well. Just a tad pricier is all.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wmcduff said:
Use?
Both DS and GBA games, but I don't care about video or rumble or what have you. I just want to be able to carry the games I own without having to pack them all in.
Price Range?
Low as possible, but I'll pay what I need to.
Slot 1/2?
Probably going to have to be both.
Expandable seems the safe way to go; if I get too many games, I can just get a bigger card.
Special features?
I own Daigasso! Band Brothers with the GBA style expansion pack, so I'd like to be able to play this. (Yay, living in Japan for a few years). Also, I have a Mac, so I need to be careful about software. Also, my game collection is half Japanese, half English, so the cart needs to support both languages.
R4 DS, Cyclo DS Revolution, EZ Flash 3 in 1 are the three that seem to be the most popular, but my heart's not set on anything.
Other?
I live very near Bathurst, NB, Canada, so stuff offered by Mod Revolution is preferred, since I can likely pick it up in person and save shipping.
smile.gif

Support slot-2 GBA?
Yes, essential.
Meh.
Also meh.

Don't care.
AceKard 2.1 with EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. If not, then go with EDGE with EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack.

Both have SDHC support and good game compatibility for both NDS and GBA. It should be good for you. But don't know a good site for where you can pick it up though xPP

QUOTE(Zoel @ Dec 24 2008, 03:54 PM) I think people will put a Acekard 2. 11.27$ at Deal Extreme.

Now i have the same question.

Use?
Mainly for DS games, seeking something to replace my R4. GBA games is covered with Elink.
Price Range?
20-45$
Slot 1/2?
Slot 1.e s
Expandable. Built in are just too expensive.
Special features?
Doesn't need to be much. I don't cheat, i don't use RTS either. Just the
cart needs a fast menu.
M3 Real, Super Card DSone, Edge, Acekard2i and Cyclo Ds if i see them for 45$ to 50$.
Other?
none.

Support slot-2 GBA?
Meh,
Don't care.
Don't care.

Don't care.

Same thing for what I said.

AceKard 2.1 + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack

or

EDGE + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack

jonte511

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Mainly games plus possibly some videos
Price Range? The lower the better, but functionality comes first
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Nice GUI, RTS and in game txt-guide are my main features. CylcoDS looks perect, but a cheaper one would be nice...
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Well, CycloDS (of course), Supercard (dont really like the look of the GUI though), MR Real (dunno much about it), iTough (a budget goodie?)

So what are your recommendations?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jonte511 said:
Slot 1/2? 1
GBA compatibility? No
Special features? Nice GUI, RTS and in game txt-guide are my main features. CylcoDS looks perect, but a cheaper one would be nice...
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Well, CycloDS (of course), Supercard (dont really like the look of the GUI though), MR Real (dunno much about it), iTough (a budget goodie?)

You want a Nice GUI, RTS and in game txt? Neh, CycloDS is the only one that is like that. Besides the SuperCard DS One, but the GUI isn't that nice ><

I don't know much about your other choices though since I haven't read about them. All I can say is go with the CycloDS.

jonte511

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Echo said:
jonte511 said:
Slot 1/2? 1
GBA compatibility? No

You want a Nice GUI, RTS and in game txt? Neh, CycloDS is the only one that is like that. Besides the SuperCard DS One, but the GUI isn't that nice ><

I don't know much about your other choices though since I haven't read about them. All I can say is go with the CycloDS.

Thank for your fast reply! =)

So only CycloDS have RTS and ingame-txt? Itouch and M3 only have RTS?

What about EZ V? Read that the latest firmware support RTS and ingame-txt. Good price too! Dont know much about it though...

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to get a DSi someday (when they release in NA) but need a new flash cart now (I only have an aging G6 Lite). So I was thinking to get an Acekard 2i to use in my Lite, and hopefully in a DSi someday.

But is the Cyclo Evo that much better? What does the Cyclo Evo have over the AK2i? I don't think RTS is that important to me, is that the only big advantage between these cards?

Do you think the AK2i makes sense for my case, or would I be better with a Cyclo Evo now and buy a new card when I get a DSi in the future?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

jonte511

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
@jonte: The EZ Flash V does indeed have RTS and RTG but the compatibility is sketchy to the point that both features are unreliable. I believe that the EZ Flash team always does some good work, but frankly, they take forever, you might be waiting for months or even a year or two before it gets to a functional state. Stick with the CycloDS Evolution or perhaps the Supercard DS ONE. Not to advertise or anything, but I have a pretty good comparison of the two carts (link is in my signature), and you can see exactly why RTG on the Supercard DS ONE is pretty useless for many people. I know it's a long read, but skip to the RTG part.

Thank you PharaohsVizier, very useful info!

Since you seem to have experience of all these cards... Is there a way to have multiple RTS-states in any of the cards? I remember this being a great feature in some old Emulator I used to have (Znes?) when playing RPG's.

But it seems that the CycloDS is my only real choice (unforunately...)

bryloom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, Homebrew. You know, the usual
Price Range? Max - $50
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? Doesn't matter
Special features? Moonshell's cool. Cheat support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: R4 SDHC, DSTT, Cyclo DS
Support slot-2 GBA? Sure
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Doesn't matter
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Doesn't matter

Also, I prefer a cart that I can buy somewhere with cash? If that's possible.

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier - thank you! Your analysis makes tons of sense and is duly noted.

UPDATE: I just ordered a regular AceKard 2 from DX. So cheap and your advice made total sense. Now I gotta order a micro sd from New egg. :-)

UPDATE 2: Wow, newegg lowered their prices today, and I got the 8GB Class 6 Transcend for only $15.99 with free shipping. Awesome!

So I guess in a few weeks (since I hear DX is slow) I'll be all set, and have spent less than $30 total, and the 8GB card can be used in future flash cards too. Great advice you gave me PharaohsVizier!

Rabbits_Galore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I guess... hi? I think I registered JUST so that I could write in this topic. C: I'm sorry, I iz N00bz. x_X Hope I can get some help here. >3>

Use?
NDS games and possibly music

Price Range?
I don't have an idea what is outrageous and what is decent, so I don't know. Nothing over $50? Seeing as I'm a student without a job, as least as possible?

Slot 1/2?

Expandable

GBA compatibility?
Either is fine, I prefer to have it than not.

Special features?
N/A .... Language support?

Nope, I am brand new to this thing.

Support slot-2 GBA?
um, yeah I think.

I dunno what rumble packs are. [fail. and I lose.]

no idea.

did you know that I love you guys? C:

spritecan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use?
Playing Nds Games mostly. GBA would be a bonus if included in the right deal but definitely not needed.
Price Range?
The prices are set at a local store. (Under $50)
Slot 1/2?
Expandable
Special features?
I am too new to answer this one. No idea.
Local Store offers R4+2gb ($30), SUPERCARD+2G($45), DSTT+ 2G ($30) and ACEKARD 2 +2G ($35).
Other?
I have really limited knowledge and currently do not own a DS. I am leaning towards a Acekard 2 at the moment.

I read some previous answers but I am still unsure about my scenario. Thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: