Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

Kuro_Shinigami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? eg. Games mainly, Music sometimes ...Video if it is easy to work
Price Range? up to around $70 but don't want to pay too much for something that isn't worth it.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1? Want to play DS mainly, but if they can play GBA too that would be kind of cool.
Built in or expandable memory? Either is fine.
GBA compatibility? sure
Special features? want SDHC, cheats, maybe real time save, useful extras are all good. Not really sure what things have these days. I have a working R4 I am looking to replace (want to be able to transfer saves). Would like a card that can play wirelessly online and with R4. Would also like Wii compatibility if possible.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Was looking at CycloDS and M3, but haven't spent much time looking. Are there any nice cards out there I should consider? Mainly want a card with a decent build, decent design, nice looking interface, and good support so that I can play all games. I have black DSL don't want anything that is ugly.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kuro_Shinigami said:
Use? eg. Games mainly, Music sometimes ...Video if it is easy to work
Price Range? up to around $70 but don't want to pay too much for something that isn't worth it.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1? Want to play DS mainly, but if they can play GBA too that would be kind of cool.
Built in or expandable memory? Either is fine.
GBA compatibility? sure
Special features? want SDHC, cheats, maybe real time save, useful extras are all good. Not really sure what things have these days. I have a working R4 I am looking to replace (want to be able to transfer saves). Would like a card that can play wirelessly online and with R4. Would also like Wii compatibility if possible.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Was looking at CycloDS and M3, but haven't spent much time looking. Are there any nice cards out there I should consider? Mainly want a card with a decent build, decent design, nice looking interface, and good support so that I can play all games. I have black DSL don't want anything that is ugly.
Music, and Video can be played with moonshell, but the video quality is crap.
If your willing to pay for the best flashcart I suggest the CycloDS...which is way under 70 dollars.
No Slot 1 flashcart can play gba games, without an EZ-Flash.
Cyclo DS has SDHC,Cheats,Realtime Save,Ingame text reader,Battery Saver..so you can play longer, and compalibilty for download play,or wifi, and compalibilty with the wii..Cyclo DS wins again.

The cyclo ds plays with all games perfectly, and has a awesome interface.The only game that has problems with the cyclo is Castlevaina PoR...it plays like crap if you have crappy sd card, but if you have SDHC card then it will play perfectly.

evodon84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have made the decision to go with the Cyclo and am going to buy from Real Hot Stuff, my question is this. They have the Cyclo with free shipping for $47 and buy my own SDHC card or get the Cyclo with a free 2GB SD card for $50 + shipping.

I'll be using it mostly for games if that matters, very little other media if any at all.

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
Acekard2 for all 3 of you.
biggrin.gif

PharaohsVizier said:
QUOTE(kallekall @ Dec 1 2008, 12:27 PM) Use? Games, maybe some video watching
Price Range? Not that important, but the cheaper the better.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable with micro SD prefered
Special features? 100% game and wifi comparability and fast updates against piracy protection.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got a nintendrone on my shoulder telling me how supercard [I think that's the name] is better than CycloDS... Since he got a DS, I can't ignore much what he say.

So, the question is which one is better and why - I wanted CycloDS for the slowmotion function, but he said that supercard also has it.

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use?
Games, homebrew, GBA Games.
Price Range?
I don't care, but not too pricy.
Slot 1/2?
Slot one
Built in or expandable memory?
Expandable.
Special features?
Fast loading time (not 20 seconds loading a rom) and almost perfect compatibility is desirable. Cheats and RTS are nice to have, but not that necesary.
On the GBA side, the same. Fast loading time and almost perfect compatibility. Again, cheats and RTS are nice to have, but not that necesary. GBA-DS link working, if possible.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
I was thinking about M3 with gba expansion or Ezflash with the 3-in-1.

Other?

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Of course
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not necesary.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? I think GBA expansions come with ram, but not sure. If they don't, yes.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a bunch, PharaohsVizier! It was ectremely helpful, and I'll stick to the CycloDS. It may be expensive, but it's far more user friendly, and that's what I need right now.

also, I couldn't see anything about "slowmotion" on the Supercard info, so, whatever to it right now XD

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dizzy Doom said:
Use?
Price Range?
I don't care, but not too pricy.
Slot 1/2?
Slot one
Expandable.
Special features?
Fast loading time (not 20 seconds loading a rom) and almost perfect compatibility is desirable. Cheats and RTS are nice to have, but not that necesary.
On the GBA side, the same. Fast loading time and almost perfect compatibility. Again, cheats and RTS are nice to have, but not that necesary. GBA-DS link working, if possible.
I was thinking about M3 with gba expansion or Ezflash with the 3-in-1.

Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Of course
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not necesary.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? I think GBA expansions come with ram, but not sure. If they don't, yes.
Acekard2 + EZ 3 in1

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question ....

My 5 year old is after a DS for Christmas but I am not sure if she needs a Lite or a bog standard DS. In terms of hacking and flashcards is there any difference between the original and the lite ?

path

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Use?
Price Range?
I don't want to spend too much
Slot 1/2?
I dont really know. Im buying a ds lite
Expandable makes sense I guess. SDHC cards?
Special features?
Ideally maximum compatibility and save. Low loading times
I saw that acekard 2 seems to be the popular choice atm.

Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? I dont know.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? I dont think so.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? what does this mean?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Almost zero, unless you want the cool applications that can change brightness or something (which is obviously not on the original).

Thanks.

And in terms of just being able to play the majority of (backup) games (in terms of compatibility) from as high a capacity microSD card as possible (budget isn't really important) is there much difference between the CycloDS and the Acekard ?

path

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
path said:
Use?
Price Range?
Slot 1/2?
Special features?

Other?

sorry I forgot to mention. Im In India and I dont want to spend a bomb on shipping. DealExtreme looks like a good site but the acekard 2 is back ordered by 17 days

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
path said:
Use?
Price Range?
Slot 1/2?
Special features?

Other?

Acekard2

AdamBrunt said:
QUOTE(PharaohsVizier @ Dec 9 2008, 01:56 AM) Almost zero, unless you want the cool applications that can change brightness or something (which is obviously not on the original).

Thanks.

And in terms of just being able to play the majority of (backup) games (in terms of compatibility) from as high a capacity microSD card as possible (budget isn't really important) is there much difference between the CycloDS and the Acekard ?
For a 5 year old: EDGE or Cyclo. An Acekard would be broken in a matter of minutes. I think an EDGE should suffice. The extra features of the Cyclo aren't that important to normal gamers.

path

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Slowking said:
path said:
Use?
Price Range?
Slot 1/2?
Special features?

Other?

Acekard2

Any chance the acekard 2 will get real time save some time soon. That feature looks massively useful to me since Ill be snatching time to play on buses and stuff? Also is there any site other than DealExtreme I can get it without international shipping being a bomb?

path

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't believe they will be getting RTS any time soon or ever...

In that case are the supercard and cyclods my only choices? If I plan to get myself a cyclods at some point whats the cheapest cart I could get atm? I was thinking it would be the TTDS but there seems to be a huge issue about fakes with the TTDS

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
For a 5 year old: EDGE or Cyclo. An Acekard would be broken in a matter of minutes. I think an EDGE should suffice. The extra features of the Cyclo aren't that important to normal gamers.

Thanks. Yep, will just be used to play backup games.

Time to go and research the EDGE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1