nightshade_zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kazumastars said:
@nightshade_zero

CycloDS has more features than a DSTT at the cost of about 25 bucks more than a DSTT. ( only $15 more on dealextreme)

DSTT is great for playing just games and homebrew. You can also download a DSTT moonshell of the dstt site i believe.

I can't imagine what more a flash card could do than games and homebrew, so I'm set on the DSTT. So set that I've already ordered it 12 hours ago. Thanks for making me feel better about my decision, though! I appreciate it!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nightshade_zero said:
Kazumastars said:
@nightshade_zero

CycloDS has more features than a DSTT at the cost of about 25 bucks more than a DSTT. ( only $15 more on dealextreme)

DSTT is great for playing just games and homebrew. You can also download a DSTT moonshell of the dstt site i believe.

I can't imagine what more a flash card could do than games and homebrew, so I'm set on the DSTT. So set that I've already ordered it 12 hours ago. Thanks for making me feel better about my decision, though! I appreciate it!

Realtime save, Homebrew Soft-reset, In-game guide coming in, 3-in-1 native support, a support team that actually answers your question on the forums directly within a few hours, better build quality,

and lots more.

peterg19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, thanks for all the help previously.

Use? Games, Homebrew, mp3s, video. For a 12 year old boy that has lots of GBA games and DS games.
Price Range? 50?
Slot 1/2? Both
Built in or expandable memory? SDHC
Special features? Cheats, Skins, High (100%) compatibility, good support.
Other? I have a DSTT for my youngest (4 yrs) nice and simple which is perfect for him and an Acekard2 for my older child (6 yrs) which she loves. (thanks Bri for the excellent recommendations). This is for their cousin the DSTT might be too simple for him. The Acekard is great but I am worried about the defect issues that have been reported lately. I see there is a new EZFlash V plus. The cyclods seems great but might be too pricey even though DX has made it more reasonable. I definately need a ez3-in-1 or ewin 2in1 for the GBA games (right?). It will be a present so I want it to just work from day 1 and attempt to minimize problems. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
peterg19 said:
First, thanks for all the help previously.

Use? Games, Homebrew, mp3s, video. For a 12 year old boy that has lots of GBA games and DS games.
Price Range? 50?
Slot 1/2? Both
Built in or expandable memory? SDHC
Special features? Cheats, Skins, High (100%) compatibility, good support.
Other? I have a DSTT for my youngest (4 yrs) nice and simple which is perfect for him and an Acekard2 for my older child (6 yrs) which she loves. (thanks Bri for the excellent recommendations). This is for their cousin the DSTT might be too simple for him. The Acekard is great but I am worried about the defect issues that have been reported lately. I see there is a new EZFlash V plus. The cyclods seems great but might be too pricey even though DX has made it more reasonable. I definately need a ez3-in-1 or ewin 2in1 for the GBA games (right?). It will be a present so I want it to just work from day 1 and attempt to minimize problems. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, you do need a 3-in-1, or a 2in1 to play GBA games.

I would not recommend you to get the new EZflash V, because the EZflash team doesn't release updates quite often, and that left a massive hole in the original EZflash V. They never had any action replay cheats, and were many problems with the original ezflash z.

Still, the Cyclo is good, and the EDGE has a similar interface. It can even use the Cyclo's skins, and of course, you can make one yourself.

There's also the M3 Real, which has an Excellent GBA compatibility, and has a good nds compatibility. There's also a new firmware out, that makes it look fabulous. You can buy the "M3 real perfect" which comes with the GBA ram, rumble, and the cart itself, for around 53 dollars.

Truthfully, all the carts right now are easy to use. I'm pretty sure they won't even need anything other than playing games, and minor stuff, so I recommend the EDGE for that. Still, I do feel that the Cyclo is a great purchase, with ab excellent English support team (because they're a European company), Native 3-in-1 support (Which means that you don't need to download anything, and the 3-in-1 will work fine), and lots of other things that makes it great.

However, since that's gonna be over your budget, the EDGE, or the M3 real should be fine.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking to buy a slot-1 and slot-2 card from dealextreme but I need some help picking...

What I need in a slot-1 card
OK speed
Not to much $$ (under $50)
Fast updates
99.99% compatibility
Spring loaded
flush fitting in a DS Lite

What I need in a slot-2 card
OK speed
Low $$ (under $25)
Can Play GBA games with over 90% compatibility
Rumble
Ram
SD (or micro) slot is a ++ but is not a must have

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
playallday said:
I'm looking to buy a slot-1 and slot-2 card from dealextreme but I need some help picking...

OK speed
Fast updates
99.99% compatibility
Spring loaded

OK speed
Low $$ (under $25)
Rumble
Ram

You should've ordered a CycloDS before it became 49 bucks!! it fits everything you've mentioned. It was 34 bucks, but became 49 bucks now, because Team Cyclops gave them a warning that they'll stop trading, etc.

I'd say, get the M3 Real Perfect pack. It's $44, and you need just one micro sd to run everything (The Slot-1 uses it, and Slot-1 only) It has a good GBA compatibility, and has this firmware called the M3 Sakura which looks great. The DS compatibility is good too.

cubanresourceful

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shit, I just noticed the DX upped their prices because of Team Cyclops. Well, you know what that means! I'm not getting a Slot 1 this year!
smile.gif

TerrificTorkoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Simply to play games
Price Range? Up to $50. I need something reliable, but still don't want to pay too much.
Slot 1/2? slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Preferably expandable
Special features? Cheats are nice, high compatability.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS, DSTT, and Supercard
Other? Something reliable. I'm looking towards the Supercard right now for its great price, but have heard high praises for CycloDS and DSTT. CycloDS's support sounds great though, and seems easier to use/faster than Supercard's GUI. Also, where is the company that created Supercard located?

Above all, I just want something that won't cause many problems.

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TerrificTorkoal said:
Price Range? Up to $50. I need something reliable, but still don't want to pay too much.
Slot 1/2? slot 1
Other? Something reliable. I'm looking towards the Supercard right now for its great price, but have heard high praises for CycloDS and DSTT. CycloDS's support sounds great though, and seems easier to use/faster than Supercard's GUI. Also, where is the company that created Supercard located?

Dealextreme has CycloDS for about 50 bucks right now so that seems your best bet. Very reliable. If not, then go for the SuperCardDS1. It has amazing support and fast updates. Very reliable.

playallday

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
playallday said:

OK speed
Fast updates
99.99% compatibility
Spring loaded

OK speed
Low $$ (under $25)
Rumble
Ram

You should've ordered a CycloDS before it became 49 bucks!! it fits everything you've mentioned. It was 34 bucks, but became 49 bucks now, because Team Cyclops gave them a warning that they'll stop trading, etc.

I'd say, get the M3 Real Perfect pack. It's $44, and you need just one micro sd to run everything (The Slot-1 uses it, and Slot-1 only) It has a good GBA compatibility, and has this firmware called the M3 Sakura which looks great. The DS compatibility is good too.
Thanks, I'm buying a M3 Real (M3 DS Real Deluxe) today
smile.gif

TerrificTorkoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kazumastars said:
TerrificTorkoal said:
Slot 1/2? slot 1

Dealextreme has CycloDS for about 50 bucks right now so that seems your best bet. Very reliable. If not, then go for the SuperCardDS1. It has amazing support and fast updates. Very reliable.

Is the extra ~$20ish worth the easy usage (this will be my first card)? My primary concern is reliability and long life. I am liking CycloDS very much right now primarily due to its frequent updates and good english, but if Supercard is in China (and can understand Cantonese), then it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TerrificTorkoal

The CycloDS has been proven to be worth its price. It has nearly no problems ever, lasts a very long time, pretty much all DS games/homebrew work. SCDS1 is really good too. It's a great cart as well with a really cool GUI. Both are really good carts.

I personally have a DSTT because it was only 20 bucks free shipping. d(
happy.gif
)b. The only thing for me that it lacks is . . .nothing. So for me, the extra $20 isn't worth it, but for the CycloDS reliability I guess it's worth it.

JayceMJ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? Homebrew and Back-ups
Price Range? $35
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? No need for PC software (optional), able to boot from GBA slot (I have a G6 lite and it would be nice to get rid of the need for the passme card), ease of use (most important), automatic homebrew patching (second most important).
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Nope
Other? SDHC support would be nice, but not needed.

I'm getting 4 of these cards. SDHC support would be nice because I can get MicroSDHCs for a pretty cheap price at a local supplier. It's okay if one exceeds the price while the other three are under (as one of them will be for me and I'd gladly go over my limit to please myself). I was originally going to get 4 CycloDSs but unfortunatly I missed out on the $35 deal at DX.

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
Use? Games and Homebrew
Price Range? $35
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? Real-time saving, good homebrew compatability, maybe cheats, good support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Supercard DSONE or M3 Real
Other? Well I was thinking about getting the Supercard and an 3in1 or the M3 Real Perfect from DealExtreme because on other sites the shipping is alot to my country. I know the Supercard has alot of features but with the M3 Perfect bundle I will be able to use GBA games on my Micro aswell.

vmkstar99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JayceMJ said:
Use? Homebrew and Back-ups
Price Range? $35
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? No need for PC software (optional), able to boot from GBA slot (I have a G6 lite and it would be nice to get rid of the need for the passme card), ease of use (most important), automatic homebrew patching (second most important).
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Nope
Other? SDHC support would be nice, but not needed.

I'm getting 4 of these cards. SDHC support would be nice because I can get MicroSDHCs for a pretty cheap price at a local supplier. It's okay if one exceeds the price while the other three are under (as one of them will be for me and I'd gladly go over my limit to please myself). I was originally going to get 4 CycloDSs but unfortunatly I missed out on the $35 deal at DX.

I think the best for you would be the DSTT. It's only like 20 bucks and it's a slot 1 solution. I'm not sure if it can boot from GBA slot, but I know that it is easy to use.
It also supports SDHC, which is a plus.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
For people considering the m3-real bundle pack please be aware that the slot-2 gba cart that comes with it is being reported as a serious power hog when it's not in use, check the m3 section. Consider getting just the slot-1 part and marry it off with a ez3in1 or ewin 2in1 instead.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Roms, no homebrew, no gba needed
Price Range?
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable memory
Special features? Auto boot previously loaded ROM
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS, AceKard2, SuperCard One
Other?

I had posted this question in another unrelated thread so I thought i better to put it here where it is most appropriate.

To me at least most cards are basically the same. Other than the OS (which is important) they really have the same feature set. However the one feature on the CycloDS that was very appealing to me was the "Auto Boot previously used ROM". Basically you press L+R during boot and it will load whatever ROM you were previously using. Great for games like Ace Attorney where you're constantly rebooting when you answer the question incorrectly
tongue.gif

I'm wondering if any other carts have this feature? To clarify, many carts offer an Auto Boot but only if you rename the ROM manually to something like 'default.nds' and such. This makes sense if you want to load Moonshell automatically, but this isn't the feature I'm looking for. The DS-X had such a feature as well.

Of course the CycloDS is the most expensive of most carts which is somewhat disconcerting, not to mention really hard to find available. The AceKard2 'seems' to have some production issues, though could be overblown. I'm somewhat neutral on the SuperCard.

In any case just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,

playallday

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sidneyyoung said:
For people considering the m3-real bundle pack please be aware that the slot-2 gba cart that comes with it is being reported as a serious power hog when it's not in use, check the m3 section. Consider getting just the slot-1 part and marry it off with a ez3in1 or ewin 2in1 instead.
Thanks for telling me
smile.gif
it's OK for me, my DS lives at home. I still may go for ez3in1 and SuperCard DS-One.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doyama said:
Use? Roms, no homebrew, no gba needed
Price Range?
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable memory
Special features? Auto boot previously loaded ROM
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS, AceKard2, SuperCard One
Other?

I had posted this question in another unrelated thread so I thought i better to put it here where it is most appropriate.

To me at least most cards are basically the same. Other than the OS (which is important) they really have the same feature set. However the one feature on the CycloDS that was very appealing to me was the "Auto Boot previously used ROM". Basically you press L+R during boot and it will load whatever ROM you were previously using. Great for games like Ace Attorney where you're constantly rebooting when you answer the question incorrectly
tongue.gif

I'm wondering if any other carts have this feature? To clarify, many carts offer an Auto Boot but only if you rename the ROM manually to something like 'default.nds' and such. This makes sense if you want to load Moonshell automatically, but this isn't the feature I'm looking for. The DS-X had such a feature as well.

Of course the CycloDS is the most expensive of most carts which is somewhat disconcerting, not to mention really hard to find available. The AceKard2 'seems' to have some production issues, though could be overblown. I'm somewhat neutral on the SuperCard.

In any case just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,

Well with what you are asking for it sounds like you will either be best with SuperCard or CycloDS

=========================

well with the supercard i heard/read that there was a feature called real time save . and i heard that that is used for saving in the middle of a game instead of using the game saver . like if you play FF - III you can save in dungeons instead of using quick save

well that's what i heard

if you are going for the SuperCard DS One and you wnt fast shipping then go to KickGaming then use their price match and use the prices at DealExtreme for the SuperCard to Price Match the prices and have 5% off . ( but keep in mind if you are in Canada cheapest shipping is $7.00 and in the USA $8.00 )

i don't know where to get the Cyclo since most prices are soo high now
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...