Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
playallday said:
Is SuperCard DS-One (with 1GB) + ez3in1 for $52.91 a good idea and/or deal?

Is the SuperCard DS-One good?

pretty pricey if you tell me ( well in my opinion )

everything all right except ... what brand is the 1GB SD Card ? and also where are you buying it ?

and yes the SuperCard DS-One is good xD

depending on what features you want though ...

JayceMJ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vmkstar99 said:
I think the best for you would be the DSTT. It's only like 20 bucks and it's a slot 1 solution. I'm not sure if it can boot from GBA slot, but I know that it is easy to use.
It also supports SDHC, which is a plus.
Thanks. I figured I'd end up getting the DSTT. Though I would like to know if it can be used to boot from a slot-2 device. Anyone with any experience with that?

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
Use? Games and Homebrew
Price Range? $35
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Real-time saving, good homebrew compatability, maybe cheats, good support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Supercard DSONE or M3 Real
Other? Well I was thinking about getting the Supercard and an 3in1 or the M3 Real Perfect from DealExtreme because on other sites the shipping is alot to my country. I know the Supercard has alot of features but with the M3 Perfect bundle I will be able to use GBA games on my Micro aswell.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
miezu said:
Use? Games and Homebrew
Price Range? $35
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Real-time saving, good homebrew compatability, maybe cheats, good support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Supercard DSONE or M3 Real
Other? Well I was thinking about getting the Supercard and an 3in1 or the M3 Real Perfect from DealExtreme because on other sites the shipping is alot to my country. I know the Supercard has alot of features but with the M3 Perfect bundle I will be able to use GBA games on my Micro aswell.

Get the SuperCard DSONE with 3-in-1 . I heard that the M3 Real Perfect bundle's GBA Expansion pack sucks your battery life away !

and

the SuperCard has more features and higher compatibility with homebrew !

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I asked a while back about one for my wife, and was recommended the Edge card. EASE OF USE is critical.

Well, I'm wondering if things have changed at all or if it's still a good choice. Here are her needs:

Use?Generally DS games. She's a complete n00b, so ease of use is important, no special features needed.
Price Range?Cheaper the better but not at the sacrifice of quality: this is an investment. I believe that there's no need to go above £30?
Slot 1/2?1
Built in or expandable memory?Either.
Special features?Nope
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particularEdge
Other?

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA?Huh?
Support slot-2 rumble packs?Not really
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)?Possibly...

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Holt said:
playallday said:

everything all right except ... what brand is the 1GB SD Card ? and also where are you buying it ?

Pricey? $100 is getting pricey for me. I can afford it but I don't wast money.

www.dealextreme.com
SuperCard DS-One Multimedia (English) with Kingston TF 1GB (Japan)
For features all I want is for it to update sometimes, not brick my DS Lite and have 90% Download play.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
groovemeister said:
OK, I asked a while back about one for my wife, and was recommended the Edge card. EASE OF USE is critical.

Well, I'm wondering if things have changed at all or if it's still a good choice. Here are her needs:

Use?Generally DS games. She's a complete n00b, so ease of use is important, no special features needed.
Price Range?Cheaper the better but not at the sacrifice of quality: this is an investment. I believe that there's no need to go above £30?
Slot 1/2?1
Special features?Nope
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA?Huh?

Well , by what you have typed nothing has changed with those features xD . While for the supports i'm not fully sure yet since i haven't tested it . But all i know is that if the Cyclo is compatible i guess the Edge might be compatible as well ... ( well iunno i heard Edge was a clone of Cyclo )
So yea just go with the Edge ! Just be warned about the Micro SD Slot , i heard that some people have gotten problems with the slot .

playallday said:
Holt said:
playallday said:

www.dealextreme.com
For features all I want is for it to update sometimes, not brick my DS Lite and have 90% Download play.

well now that i was thinking about it xD it isn't pricey anymore . I was thinking about if you were to just get the SuperCard by it self for $30 , then the 3-in-1 for $25 ( well most expensive if white at DX ) . Which comes to a total of $55 . And still no SD card ? But then at DX it comes with a free one so yea .

Sorry bout my comment xD it was just me starring at the price and that's it ! And yes don't worry the SCDS 1 won't brick your DS ( well unless they have already created fakes ! and you got the first batch which i doubt though ) and i heard that download play will not be a problem !

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Holt said:
playallday said:
Holt said:
playallday said:

www.dealextreme.com

well now that i was thinking about it xD it isn't pricey anymore . I was thinking about if you were to just get the SuperCard by it self for $30 , then the 3-in-1 for $25 ( well most expensive if white at DX ) . Which comes to a total of $55 . And still no SD card ? But then at DX it comes with a free one so yea .

Sorry bout my comment xD it was just me starring at the price and that's it ! And yes don't worry the SCDS 1 won't brick your DS ( well unless they have already created fakes ! and you got the first batch which i doubt though ) and i heard that download play will not be a problem !
Let me lay it out.

SuperCard DS-One = $28.12 (I'm not getting this one)
SuperCard DS-One with Kingston TF 1GB (Japan) = $32.83
EZFlash 3-in-1 Memory Expansion Pack = $19.73 (18.99 for white but I wanted black)

Total: $52.56

M3 DS Real Deluxe = $44.90
Kingston TransFlash MicroSD 1GB = $6.32

Total: $51.22

So in the end the SuperCard for me was only $1.34 more.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use? Games, Hombrew
Price Range? $50 and under
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 !
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable Memory
Special features? Real Time Save .
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular SCDS1
Other?

Well i was just wanting to be sure if my choice of getting the SCDS1 was a good choice ? for the things i was wanting to use it for ..

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Holt said:
Use? Games, Hombrew
Price Range? $50 and under
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 !
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable Memory
Special features? Real Time Save .
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular SCDS1
Other?

Well i was just wanting to be sure if my choice of getting the SCDS1 was a good choice ? for the things i was wanting to use it for ..
Jep it's a good choice. Though if you are willing to go up to 50$ the CycloDS Evolution would be a better one.
wink.gif

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Holt said:
groovemeister said:

Slot 1/2?1
Special features?Nope
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA?Huh?

Well , by what you have typed nothing has changed with those features xD . While for the supports i'm not fully sure yet since i haven't tested it . But all i know is that if the Cyclo is compatible i guess the Edge might be compatible as well ... ( well iunno i heard Edge was a clone of Cyclo )
So yea just go with the Edge ! Just be warned about the Micro SD Slot , i heard that some people have gotten problems with the slot .
Thanks... but I mean, is there a better deal by now? Are there better cards for the dame price or cards just as good for less?

Also looking at the Acecard 2

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
any better deals ?

well i'm getting the SCDS1 for $30.00 from kickgaming.com ( using their lowest price guarentee thing )

There are other flash carts you can choose from a DX that are under $30 surprisingly !

DSTT : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289 $19.60
Only problem is that i heard that some were defective
blink.gif

ITouch DS : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12296 $21.07
Never heard any problems with this one

AceKard 2 : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811 $23.12
Everything is good about it : the features , everything . But one problem though ... some stores have been getting bad batches of the AceKard which are defective . So you have to be careful where you buy it xD

Edge DS : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10919 23.59
The one that you are looking for ! So far its best competition in my opinion is the SCDS1 . Since techinicallt the SCDS1 has more features !

EZFlash V plus : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13683 $25.50
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2911 $27.90
I have no idea why there are two !? so might as well get something that isnt the EZFlash

SuperCard DS One : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097 $28.12
One of the best Flash Carts out there ^^ ! Under $30 and is a great price . Has many god features that most flashcarts for DS dont have ( multi-save, real time save etc. )

M3 Real With Rumble Pack : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2728 $29.60
Pretty pricey ... itès alright flash cart but my little sister has one and it has problems where it tries to patch home brew ? it doesnt auto patch it ... for me though

=========================

those are basically your best deals under $30 at Deal Extreme . any questions É then just ask here again !

g4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys, I need help. I just bought a Cobalt/Black DSLite in Singapore. I already have M3 Real but when I tried to run the cart a lot of problems occured, like the touch screen doesn't work, slow game, etc. ( But the cart work perfect in White DSLite)

Use? DS games.
Price Range? Less than $80
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable; already have Sandisk 2 Gb
Special features? Dont care
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Anything that can work perfect in Cobalt/Black DSLite
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? no
Support slot-2 rumble packs? no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? no

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your help Holt. In another thread here I was recommend the Acekard 2 which I also note you say is good.

Each one has great features which others are missing! I went for the Acekard as in the end if I get a crappy one, they will always replace it.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Mostly games and homebrew.
Price Range? Not too overly expensive. (preferably under $150 combined for both cart)
Slot 1/2? Can be any, as I might have to buy both since I want so many features.
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable memory.
Special features? Wii Linkage and GBA Linkage for every games if possible. [First priority]
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Nope.
Other? I'd love to be able to play GBA games as well.

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Yes.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes.

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?
Expansion Pack.

I know I will need at least 2 cart, but can anyone suggest a good cart with Wii/GBA Linkage? Thanks.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Afaik the only card with Wii Linkage is the CycloDS Evlution, but I could be wrong (the Cyclo has it, I just could be wrong about the other cards not having it). Anywho the CycloDS Evolution is pretty much the best card there is and for your budget you can get one with an EZ 3 in 1. (actually for 150$ you could get them twice)
I believe the cheapest place to get them is realhotstuff:
http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-p-194.html
http://www.realhotstuff.com/cyclods-evolution-p-213.html

And afaik you get a discount if you are a gbatemp member, you'll have to dig in the forums a little for the coupon code...

Edit: The cupon code seems to be "SAVE5"

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
Afaik the only card with Wii Linkage is the CycloDS Evlution, but I could be wrong (the Cyclo has it I just could be wrong about the other cards not having it). Anywho the CycloDS Evolution is pretty much the best card there is and for your budget you can get one with an EZ 3 in 1. (actually for 150$ you could get them twice)
I believe the cheapest place to get them is realhotstuff:
http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-p-194.html
http://www.realhotstuff.com/cyclods-evolution-p-213.html

And afaik you get a discount if you are a gbatemp member, you'll have to dig in the forums a little for the coupon code...

1+

Exactly what I wanted to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Pleasure to meet you +1