Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

Dzan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unchi-san said:
the 6$ shipping is actually not 6$ if you choose the USPS 2-4 days shipping. For most people its under 3$. I recall someone saying it shipped to them for like 19.50$ (which is a very slick deal)

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. I'm so used to UPS 3 day being the minimum from Newegg since that's what I've had to get on even the smallest of computer parts. It's 3.22 shipping for me, but its better then $6 which would be a little over 1/4 the price of the item in the first place. Thanks, if I didn't read your post I never would've double checked this.

KD-JIL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, posting another one of these now that I have a better idea of what I want.

Use? Mostly games, occasional multimedia/homebrew
Price Range? $30-55
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? I'm not sure what other special features there are but one feature I'm looking for is saved states. Could someone please describe other special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS/SCDS1
Other? I'm a very big fan of fast and effective UIs. Compatibility and performance is also a concern for me. Generally looking something with a little of the extra goodies without sacrificing performance.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? No
Support slot-2 rumble packs? No
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? No

Thanks in Advance.

totenmask

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, newbie poster and DSL owner looking for some advice

Use?: Run DS, GBA & GB (w/emulator) roms. Homebrew Apps (DS Organizer) and Games
Price Range?: Open
Slot 1/2?: 1
Built in or expandable memory?: Expandable
Special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acedardz 2
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

I've been looking at the Acedardz 2 from DealExtreme or the M3DS package at Digimartz

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KD-JIL said:
Sorry, posting another one of these now that I have a better idea of what I want.

Use? Mostly games, occasional multimedia/homebrew
Price Range? $30-55
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? I'm not sure what other special features there are but one feature I'm looking for is saved states. Could someone please describe other special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS/SCDS1
Other? I'm a very big fan of fast and effective UIs. Compatibility and performance is also a concern for me. Generally looking something with a little of the extra goodies without sacrificing performance.

Support slot-2 GBA? No

Thanks in Advance.

Well, the Cyclo is faster, and has a simpler GUI. The SCDS1 has a slower, but a more powerful hardware. I hear the compatibility of Cyclo is better, by about 1-3 games.

Cyclo is better, but costs about a double of the SCDS1, so you choose.

QUOTE(totenmask @ May 26 2008, 10:58 PM) Hello, newbie poster and DSL owner looking for some advice

Use?: Run DS, GBA & GB (w/emulator) roms. Homebrew Apps (DS Organizer) and Games
Slot 1/2?: 1
Special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acedardz 2
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

I've been looking at the Acedardz 2 from DealExtreme or the M3DS package at Digimartz

If you want to play GBA games, you should know that none of the flashkarts have the power to emulate a GBA. There is a DS emulator for the original gameboy and the gameboy color. But you'll need to buy it separately, or buy a bundle.

Well, since you're gonna play GBA games, I hear the GBA compatibility for the M3 Real is great. And there is a new firmware coming up, named M3 Sakura, which looks amazing (It's in the M3 section of the forums). But right now, there's a few bugs they need to fix.

But the Acekard 2 with a EZflash 3-in-1 is a bit cheaper.

Using the M3 real is a bit easier though.

If you're getting the M3 real, MAKE SURE TO GET THE M3 REAL PERFECT BUNDLE, not just a rumble pack that comes with it originally.

Mario123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games/Homebrew/Music/Video, web browsing
Price Range? cheap as possible
Slot 1/2? slot1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
GBA compatibility? yes
Special features? SDHC compatibility
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? EZFlash V with EZFlash 3-in-1 combo ($47), and Acekard2 with EZflash 3-in-1 separately, M3 REAL PERFECT BUNDLE at Digimartz

any advantage in buying matching set? (ie: EZFlash V/3in1, M3 Perfect bundle)
or just go with Acekard2 with EZflash 3-in-1 for a few $ less?
(Read horrible reviews of the recent batches of DSTT.)

And why would u want a separate rumble cart and Expansion cart vs the 3-in-1 cart?

Edit:
is Opera the best browser? (It has horrible reviews.) Anything better?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mario123 said:
Use? Games/Homebrew/Music/Video, web browsing
Price Range? cheap as possible
Slot 1/2? slot1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
GBA compatibility? yes
Special features? SDHC compatibility
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? EZFlash V with EZFlash 3-in-1 combo ($47), and Acekard2 with EZflash 3-in-1 separately, M3 REAL PERFECT BUNDLE at Digimartz

any advantage in buying matching set? (ie: EZFlash V/3in1, M3 Perfect bundle)
or just go with Acekard2 with EZflash 3-in-1 for a few $ less?
(Read horrible reviews of the recent batches of DSTT.)

And why would u want a separate rumble cart and Expansion cart vs the 3-in-1 cart?

Edit:
is Opera the best browser? (It has horrible reviews.) Anything better?

First of all, Take EZflash V out. It doesn't support SDHC, and it's pretty bad anyway.

I recommend the Acekard 2 bundle over the M3 bundle, but there is a new firmware for the M3 Real that looks awesome. Check that out.

They're both easy to use, and works well. But the M3 Real Perfect bundle comes with 2 different GBA carts. One for rumble, and one for ram with GBA compatibility.

They're both good choices, but check out the M3 sakura firmware that's coming out soon. There's some pictures of it, and the features of it are in the M3Sakura thread on the M3 part of the forum.

If the M3 Sakura doesn't interest you, then Acekard 2 is better.

"And why would u want a separate rumble cart and Expansion cart vs the 3-in-1 cart?"

There really isn't an advantage, but the 3-in-1's rumble isn't very good. I'd still take the 3-in-1 though.

Lastly, I wouldn't use my DS for musics...... Well, I'm doing just that right now, but it's too hard to carry around with me, due to it's size. And the sound quality is pretty bad. Sounds ok with good headphones, but still pretty bad. DPG movies are actually pretty good though, in my opinion...

In conclusion,

If you want to wait for the M3 Real Sakura to fix all the problems of the curent M3 real, then go with the M3 real package.
If you want something cheao, and to play on the safe side (M3 Sakura isn't out yet.), then the Acekard 2.

But if I were you, I'd wait a little bit to see if it actually is good as it looks.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I get an EZ 3-in-1 for my R4 or something else?I need the 2 slot flashcard mainly for gaming but it would not be bad if i could run the DS Opera Explorer.I want the flashcard to be easy in use and have high rom compability (100% ?)...Help???

ppfdee

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Games, Homebrew
Price Range? $30-$40
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? SDHC, Cheat Support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard 2, M3 Real & Edge

I was going for an Acekard 2 originally, but seeing as some users are having problems with theirs, I also opted for an M3 Real (due to the sakura firmware) or EDGE (another good cart according to some users)

What do you guys think? Should I still go for an Acekard 2 or go for the other choices?

Thanks!

Dymlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? Games
Price Range? 1$-60$, can afford a little more if it's really worth it
Slot 1/2? 1-Slot
Special features? Nothing much, only good compatibility
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Cyclo, DSTT , EDGE, Open to other suggestions

All I want is good compatibility for games and if possible, a site that is safe and ship to Canada, Quebec.

Thanks in advance.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dymlos said:
Use? Games
Price Range? 1$-60$, can afford a little more if it's really worth it
Slot 1/2? 1-Slot
Special features? Nothing much, only good compatibility
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Cyclo, DSTT , EDGE, Open to other suggestions

All I want is good compatibility for games and if possible, a site that is safe and ship to Canada, Quebec.

Thanks in advance.

I highly suggest Cyclo, but if you want to spend less, then the Acekard 2. Acekard 2 is only 24 bucks off of DealExtreme. They both have excellent compatibilities, and such, so don't worry about that. Don't forget to buy a fast micro sd card.

ppfdee said:
Use? Games, Homebrew
Price Range? $30-$40
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? SDHC, Cheat Support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard 2, M3 Real & Edge

I was going for an Acekard 2 originally, but seeing as some users are having problems with theirs, I also opted for an M3 Real (due to the sakura firmware) or EDGE (another good cart according to some users)

What do you guys think? Should I still go for an Acekard 2 or go for the other choices?

Thanks!

EDGE is an excellent card, but the Acekard 2 does the same stuff at a cheaper price. And also, know that there have been a few reports of it dying mysteriously for no reason. It doesn't affect all the EDGE carts, but just a few. And the EDGE's cheat database can't be updated by the users, and only the team themselves.

Acekard 2 is excellent for its price. However, it's build quality isn't very good. It's still a great choice though.

M3 real has a few problems right now, but it's still a good cart. Not as good as the other two, though. HOWEVER, the M3 Sakura is coming out, and it looks fantastic. And the M3 team says that they'll fix all the problems with the current M3 Real, so it's very promising.

In my opinion, you should wait until the M3 Sakura comes out. If it's good as it looks, then it'll most likely be better than both the EDGE and the Acekard 2. But since it's still under construction, we can never know.

QUOTE(Gullwing @ May 28 2008, 08:24 AM)
Should I get an EZ 3-in-1 for my R4 or something else?I need the 2 slot flashcard mainly for gaming but it would not be bad if i could run the DS Opera Explorer.I want the flashcard to be easy in use and have high rom compability (100% ?)...Help???

So you're looking for a Slot-2 expansion pack, right? Then, yea, I hear the ezflash 3-in-1 is very good. But if you don't want rumble, but a faster internet (More RAM.), then the Ewin Expansion pack isn't bad either. The Ewin is around 5 bucks cheaper as well.

smashism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, GBA, DS, homebrew, some multimedia on the side perhaps
Price Range? I dont want to spend more than I have to, but I want this to be my first and last purchase. Pretty much I am willing to spend what it takes for quality and staying power.
Slot 1/2? Whatever works, the simpler the better.
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable preferred, I want high capacity available to me.
Special features? Whatever.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Super Card DS-one because of the high capacity ability. And the EZ flash 3in1 for GBA support.
Other? I dont mind owning a slot 1 and slot 2 card if it means easier use of software.

ben_not_benny

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I already have a DSTT but I want another flashcart with more advanced functions.

Use?: DS/GBA Games
Slot 1/2?: Either is ok
Special features? Multiple save files for one game.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? No
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ben_not_benny said:
I already have a DSTT but I want another flashcart with more advanced functions.

Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

SCDS1 hands down.
i have no experience. but for what ive heard. its as good/better than the cyclo. it has different save files for the games. RTS, slowmo, in game guide, and a better cheat function. it just requires more experience as it is a bit harder to maneuver. but you already had a DSTT so i think you will be good. price is around 30$. im thinking dealextreme so yeah.
ojsinnerz will be here to explain more if needed! hes like the pro on this topic

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
ben_not_benny said:

Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

SCDS1 hands down.
i have no experience. but for what ive heard. its as good/better than the cyclo. it has different save files for the games. RTS, slowmo, in game guide, and a better cheat function. it just requires more experience as it is a bit harder to maneuver. but you already had a DSTT so i think you will be good. price is around 30$. im thinking dealextreme so yeah.
ojsinnerz will be here to explain more if needed! hes like the pro on this topic

Hahaha, yes I'm here...

Anyway, yes, the SCDS1 SDHC has multiple save slots. You have to activate it.

And some of the stuff are mentioned by tinymonkeyt.

Also, look at some guides while using it, because it may be a little confusing at first.

Lastly, it's only about 28 bucks off of DealExtreme.

P.S. Thank you Tinymonkeyt. There's been no one around here that's been helping out lately.....

QUOTE(smashism @ May 29 2008, 04:04 AM)
Use? Games, GBA, DS, homebrew, some multimedia on the side perhaps
Price Range? I dont want to spend more than I have to, but I want this to be my first and last purchase. Pretty much I am willing to spend what it takes for quality and staying power.
Slot 1/2? Whatever works, the simpler the better.
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable preferred, I want high capacity available to me.
Special features? Whatever.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Super Card DS-one because of the high capacity ability. And the EZ flash 3in1 for GBA support.
Other? I dont mind owning a slot 1 and slot 2 card if it means easier use of software.

Well, the SCDS1 SDHC/ Supercard DS1 has great features, and a very good team. It's a little hard to use at first, but it's amazing alittle after.

And, if you want something cheaper than the 3in1, there is the Ewin Expansion pack. It only has RAM and GBA Ram, and does not have the rumble the 3in1 has, but it's around 5-7 bucks cheaper.

smashism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Well, the SCDS1 SDHC/ Supercard DS1 has great features, and a very good team. It's a little hard to use at first, but it's amazing alittle after.

And, if you want something cheaper than the 3in1, there is the Ewin Expansion pack. It only has RAM and GBA Ram, and does not have the rumble the 3in1 has, but it's around 5-7 bucks cheaper.
Amazing, after throwing them in the cart at dx yesterday, I started to worry a bit. A little confirmation goes a long way, thank you.

Mr Malice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games/Homebrew/Music/Video (Music and Video isn't needed, (It would be nice though but most flashcarts have them anyways)
Price Range? $65 and under ($65 or under after shipping perferably). (I've been searching a little already, Let's just say that CycloDS is out of range.)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SD, I have a 2GB Micro SD Sandisk picked out for this
GBA compatibility? I won't be using it, so no, or at lease a package that doesnt have a GBA Expansion with it.
Special features? SDHC would be nice in case I want to go up. DLDI sounds nice also. If it boosts the price just to have it then no
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've been Looking at M3 Real, R4, AceKard 2

If I had to say anything about what I'm looking for is that I'm trying to be cheap as Possible. I've been looking at stuff via Amazon so that's why M3 Real, R4, and the AceKard 2 come up. I have a 2GB Micro SD card picked out that's going to be $12 after shipping.

So I'm looking for a bargin. I really just want to Play Games with ease.

Thanks,
-Mr. Malice

JoHnOfDaDeAd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr Malice said:
Use? Games/Homebrew/Music/Video (Music and Video isn't needed, (It would be nice though but most flashcarts have them anyways)
Price Range? $65 and under ($65 or under after shipping perferably). (I've been searching a little already, Let's just say that CycloDS is out of range.)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SD, I have a 2GB Micro SD Sandisk picked out for this
GBA compatibility? I won't be using it, so no, or at lease a package that doesnt have a GBA Expansion with it.
Special features? SDHC would be nice in case I want to go up. DLDI sounds nice also. If it boosts the price just to have it then no
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've been Looking at M3 Real, R4, AceKard 2

If I had to say anything about what I'm looking for is that I'm trying to be cheap as Possible. I've been looking at stuff via Amazon so that's why M3 Real, R4, and the AceKard 2 come up. I have a 2GB Micro SD card picked out that's going to be $12 after shipping.

Thanks,
-Mr. Malice

Acekard2 sounds right for you. Only $23 on DealExtreme.com. I just bought one:)

Mr Malice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JoHnOfDaDeAd said:
Mr Malice said:
Slot 1/2? Slot 1

Thanks,
-Mr. Malice

Acekard2 sounds right for you. Only $23 on DealExtreme.com. I just bought one:)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

Sorry to ask, but I was looking at this one last night, It is a nice deal, but what does TF stand for? If I had to just guess based off a quick read through, is it a whole other Memory Card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum