Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr Malice said:
JoHnOfDaDeAd said:
Mr Malice said:
Use? Games/Homebrew/Music/Video (Music and Video isn't needed, (It would be nice though but most flashcarts have them anyways)
Price Range? $65 and under ($65 or under after shipping perferably). (I've been searching a little already, Let's just say that CycloDS is out of range.)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SD, I have a 2GB Micro SD Sandisk picked out for this
GBA compatibility? I won't be using it, so no, or at lease a package that doesnt have a GBA Expansion with it.
Special features? SDHC would be nice in case I want to go up. DLDI sounds nice also. If it boosts the price just to have it then no
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've been Looking at M3 Real, R4, AceKard 2

If I had to say anything about what I'm looking for is that I'm trying to be cheap as Possible. I've been looking at stuff via Amazon so that's why M3 Real, R4, and the AceKard 2 come up. I have a 2GB Micro SD card picked out that's going to be $12 after shipping.

So I'm looking for a bargin. I really just want to Play Games with ease.

Thanks,
-Mr. Malice

Acekard2 sounds right for you. Only $23 on DealExtreme.com. I just bought one:)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

Sorry to ask, but I was looking at this one last night, It is a nice deal, but what does TF stand for? If I had to just guess based off a quick read through, is it a whole other Memory Card?

TransFlash;)

KD-JIL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the general consensus is the SCDS1 is best card in terms of features as of now but its interface is not quite as intuitive as the CyldoDS which has a little less features. Team Cyclops seems to be working hard trying to match the Supercard's features so that they have an edge on both features and interface. I was wondering whether the SCDS1 is considered a finish product by the Supercard team. Are they working on adding extra features or even refining the interface to keep up with the competition?

(I'm ignoring the AceKard RPG)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smashism said:
ojsinnerz said:
Well, the SCDS1 SDHC/ Supercard DS1 has great features, and a very good team. It's a little hard to use at first, but it's amazing alittle after.

And, if you want something cheaper than the 3in1, there is the Ewin Expansion pack. It only has RAM and GBA Ram, and does not have the rumble the 3in1 has, but it's around 5-7 bucks cheaper.
Amazing, after throwing them in the cart at dx yesterday, I started to worry a bit. A little confirmation goes a long way, thank you.
DealExtreme does not sell Ewin Expansion packs!!!!! They sell Rumble only.

You'll have to buy it separately from psxboy.com or any other places!!!!!!!!!!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KD-JIL said:
So the general consensus is the SCDS1 is best card in terms of features as of now but its interface is not quite as intuitive as the CyldoDS which has a little less features. Team Cyclops seems to be working hard trying to match the Supercard's features so that they have an edge on both features and interface. I was wondering whether the SCDS1 is considered a finish product by the Supercard team. Are they working on adding extra features or even refining the interface to keep up with the competition?

To be honest, we really can't call either of the Carts fully "complete". The Supercard team has a history of never droping support for any of their products, so the Supercard team may have something under their sleeves. And the Cyclo is also having some great updates.

Currently, we don't know what the Supercard team is doing. Since they don't release info on what they're doing, they could be doing something major, but we just don't know. But I did hear a rumor that they're re-doing the GUI, so it's faster, and smoother.
But then again, it may just be a rumor.

But the Cyclo team is indeed trying hard to catch up to the SCDS1, and it won't be too long until they catch up, unless the Supercard team comes up with something that can surpass the cart, which is possible, but not very likely.

danejade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario123 said:
link to Ewin Expansion ram?

(Dealextreme only has the Ewin rumble pack.)

psxboy--great service--has em--- ck em out
yaynds.gif

http://www.psxboy.com/782_Ewin-Expansion-P...packaging).html

smokey_teh_behr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there are so many nds flash cards and i want 1 slot1 card and 1 slot 2 card out of these which should i choose?basically the best combo.

Slot 1:Acekard R.P.G,Acekard2,r4 revolution,cyclo ds,datel games n music,ds link,DS-Xtreme,G6DS Real,M3DS Real,NAND card,NinjaPass,YushenDS Card, R4DS, M3 DS Simply,supercard ds one.

Slot 2:
m3 lite,super card lite,g6 lite,elink lite.P.S. i would like to know the G6lites gba rom/homebrew capability(how many roms it can hold,see below) and if any of the carts slot 1 or 2 can support the web browser. and i dont want it to stick out cuz its a lite.

i do not want a card that needs passme or a flashed ds and as for the slot 2 card i want the one with the best gba rom support.and yes i am aware that some of the cards mentioned need passme,do not suggest them please.

i heard that cyclo ds has a autopatch for nes games etc. and used with a g6 lite it can hold the ds web browser and ds linux, confirmation please?
these are some more criteria

1.What Flashcart do you prefer?
2.Is easy to use?
3.Does it support homebrew applications.
4.Does it support saves.
5.Dooes it support wifi connect and download play?
sorry for the long post but i want to get it right the first time. thank you (im a noob,answer as if talking to a noob please)

smokey_teh_behr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there are so many nds flash cards and i want 1 slot1 card and 1 slot 2 card out of these which should i choose?basically the best combo.

Slot 1:Acekard R.P.G,Acekard2,r4 revolution,cyclo ds,datel games n music,ds link,DS-Xtreme,G6DS Real,M3DS Real,NAND card,NinjaPass,YushenDS Card, R4DS, M3 DS Simply,supercard ds one.

Slot 2:
m3 lite,super card lite,g6 lite,elink lite.P.S. i would like to know the G6lites gba rom/homebrew capability(how many roms it can hold,see below) and if any of the carts slot 1 or 2 can support the web browser. and i dont want it to stick out cuz its a lite.

i do not want a card that needs passme or a flashed ds and as for the slot 2 card i want the one with the best gba rom support.and yes i am aware that some of the cards mentioned need passme,do not suggest them please.

i heard that cyclo ds has a autopatch for nes games etc. and used with a g6 lite it can hold the ds web browser and ds linux, confirmation please?

2.Is easy to use?
4.Does it support saves.
sorry for the long post but i want to get it right the first time. thank you (im a noob,answer as if talking to a noob please)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smokey_teh_behr said:

Slot 2:

2.Is easy to use?
4.Does it support saves.

Firstly, please, do not double post.

Secondly, datel games n music,ds link,DS-Xtreme,G6DS Real,NAND card,NinjaPass, YushenDS Card (?), all fucking sucks, and should be burned.

DS-Xtreme is horrendously bad with one of the worst teams ever, Ds link just simply sucks, Games n music cannot play any roms over 4 megabytes (which there aren't) it's sold in walmart and is the worst thing you can ever get, NinjaPass is old and shit, YushenDS is something I've never even heard before, and sounds completely outdated.

The Slot-2s are overpriced, most of them requires patching, and I cannot stop saying it sucks.

Here's my word of advice. Get a CycloDS (If you can afford it), with a fast miciro sd car for slot-1. As for the Slot-2 get a EZflash 3-in-1. It's name is "EZflash 3-in-1", not anything else. It's actually an expansion pack for the Cyclo or other flashkarts, that lets you play GBA games, has rumble, and has RAM for the internet.

You need both the CycloDS and the EZflash 3-in-1.

Sounds good?

1.What Flashcart do you prefer? CycloDS.
2.Is easy to use? Very easy to use. Just download a file off of their site, and put it on your micro. Then you're set
3.Does it support homebrew applications. Only Slot-2 carts, DS-X, and a few other shit can't
4.Does it support saves. Isn't it obvious?
5.Dooes it support wifi connect and download play? Cyclo has a perfect download play, and all the flashkarts should be able to get on wifi.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so since my g6 seems to be halfbusted (either the g6 or the ds...) i'm thinking of picking another flashcard... i really don't care about optional function and stuff like that,i just care about price (the lower the better) and so i was thinking of picking an acekard (by the way i don't understand what's the difference between the acekardrpg and the acekard 2) since it seems to be pretty cheap (25 bucks) also since the place where i bought the g6 went out of business i need another place to buy it (i'm european by the way)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Magus said:
so since my g6 seems to be halfbusted (either the g6 or the ds...) i'm thinking of picking another flashcard... i really don't care about optional function and stuff like that,i just care about price (the lower the better) and so i was thinking of picking an acekard (by the way i don't understand what's the difference between the acekardrpg and the acekard 2) since it seems to be pretty cheap (25 bucks) also since the place where i bought the g6 went out of business i need another place to buy it (i'm european by the way)

Well, the G6 is kinda outdated and such. There is a M3 real, which is pretty much G6 that uses micro sds, and doesn't have a built-in memory.

And the Acekard 2 and the RPG has a few differences. THe Acekard RPG is open-sourced, dual-memory (Which means it uses its built-in memory, and a micro sd if you want.), and seems to have a much more sturdier shell.

The Acekard 2 is just without those few stuff, but is still great.

It's only 23 bucks on DealExtreme.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i already chose where im going to buy my flashcart and everything... now my choices are down to an edge or acekard 2... i was originally going to get acekard 2 but then i heard about faulty chips in the last batch and lots of slowdown issues; And i also heard the shell is not the worst but it aint the best
But ive not heard alot about edge except its a CycloDS ripoff... i kno it just copies the GUI; PLZ do not say get cyclods or another cart... just tell me which one is better an Edge or an Acekard2

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cris92x said:
So i already chose where im going to buy my flashcart and everything... now my choices are down to an edge or acekard 2... i was originally going to get acekard 2 but then i heard about faulty chips in the last batch and lots of slowdown issues; And i also heard the shell is not the worst but it aint the best
But ive not heard alot about edge except its a CycloDS ripoff... i kno it just copies the GUI; PLZ do not say get cyclods or another cart... just tell me which one is better an Edge or an Acekard2

Acekard 2 wins here. Why?

Acekard 2 is still the best cart under 25 bucks. It does everything the EDGE does, and seems to have more support. True, the cart itself is more fragile, and seems to be make of weaker materials. However, I hear the GUI itself makes up for it.

EDGE on the other hand really is a CycloDS rip off. Still, it's still an excellent cart, and does everything well. The only few complaints are that the cheat system can be updated, only by the creators, because we don't know what type it is, etc. It's a bit more expensive than the Acekard 2, and there really isn't that big of a difference, other than the shell, and the GUI.

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also in a crisis, I don't know which slot-2 flashcart to buy
I want a cart that allows me to select which GBA game to play BUT under 20 dollars and also must have near perfect GBA selection.
I was thinking of buying the EZ 3 in 1 flash but it can only hold one game. But it fulfills the other two criteria quite well. Any other suggestions?

Also. SNES on the DS is it emulated well near perfect at least?
tongue.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not gonna find one for under $20. Either extend your budget or live with only one game at a time. Remember that the 3in1 only works if you already have a slot-1 device.

Nguman said:
Also. SNES on the DS is it emulated well near perfect at least?
tongue.gif

Not even close. Check out compatibility lists for an idea.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You may want to consider the eWin 2in1 as well. It doesn't have a crappy rumble built in like the EZ 3in1, but it has twice the memory for the browser and homebrew, and can load larger GBA games into the faster memory whereas the EZ 3in1 must load larger GBA games into the slow NOR memory. It's also a little easier to use because it only has one type of memory (it doesn't have NOR memory). The eWin is also a little cheaper (~$14 from psxboy.com).

-Bri

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
You may want to consider the eWin 2in1 as well. It doesn't have a crappy rumble built in like the EZ 3in1, but it has twice the memory for the browser and homebrew, and can load larger GBA games into the faster memory whereas the EZ 3in1 must load larger GBA games into the slow NOR memory. It's also a little easier to use because it only has one type of memory (it doesn't have NOR memory). The eWin is also a little cheaper (~$14 from psxboy.com).

-Bri
Ahh I just ordered the EZ 3 in 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D