Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt the eshop idea will work the games are drm , when you dl them the eshop most likely reads the sn or esn or some other hash of mac and other # to get a console id of your system and then encrypts or drm the games so they will only work on your 3ds, you cant just swap folders on the an sd and expect it to work, you would need to decrypt then remove the drm and resign for your console i think at least if there smart that how they would do it
What if they're smarter and have a better way that nobody knows about?

Actually, the ticket system that Nintendo uses is pretty similar to what he said.
I'm guessing that the 3DS sends its unique console ID, the eShop issues a signed, encrypted ticket tied to that ID, and the 3DS downloads the ticket, authorizing it to use whatever software.

How about backing up the SD card contents from a DSi, then transfer those games to the 3DS via the option under Settings? Then, you could copy the files from the 3DS SD card to a computer. Because the DSi's game was the original, could you set the DSi as the original and the 3DS version as an encrypted version? Nintendo could just be messing with our heads so much with the 3DS by itself that they forgot to check their cross-platform transfers.

Edit:
What about this?? I own one and have an idea for it below.
http://www.memorex.com/en-us/Accessories/Gaming/Universal-Game-Selector-Case1/

It is able to work cross-platform and is recognized by all DS variants (except DS "Phat"). Also, when a 3DS game is inside one of the slots and is plugged into a DS/DSi, the older systems will say that there is no game inserted, yet a regular DS game is. That means that there might be code inside that determines what is and isn't allowed, like an ON/OFF switch for older systems.

Maybe there is some code inside of the hardware that could be direct access to the 3DS cartridge slot??? Then someone, like Neimod, could reverse engineer that code and develop a bootloader that will allow 3DS mode.

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
i doubt the eshop idea will work the games are drm , when you dl them the eshop most likely reads the sn or esn or some other hash of mac and other # to get a console id of your system and then encrypts or drm the games so they will only work on your 3ds, you cant just swap folders on the an sd and expect it to work, you would need to decrypt then remove the drm and resign for your console i think at least if there smart that how they would do it

Actually, the ticket system that Nintendo uses is pretty similar to what he said.
I'm guessing that the 3DS sends its unique console ID, the eShop issues a signed, encrypted ticket tied to that ID, and the 3DS downloads the ticket, authorizing it to use whatever software.

How about backing up the SD card contents from a DSi, then transfer those games to the 3DS via the option under Settings? Then, you could copy the files from the 3DS SD card to a computer. Because the DSi's game was the original, could you set the DSi as the original and the 3DS version as an encrypted version? Nintendo could just be messing with our heads so much with the 3DS by itself that they forgot to check their cross-platform transfers.

Edit:
http://www.memorex.c...Selector-Case1/

It is able to work cross-platform and is recognized by all DS variants (except DS "Phat"). Also, when a 3DS game is inside one of the slots and is plugged into a DS/DSi, the older systems will say that there is no game inserted, yet a regular DS game is. That means that there might be code inside that determines what is and isn't allowed, like an ON/OFF switch for older systems.

Maybe there is some code inside of the hardware that could be direct access to the 3DS cartridge slot??? Then someone, like Neimod, could reverse engineer that code and develop a bootloader that will allow 3DS mode.

it may not have any code at all. could be just a switch there to change the cartridge slot. i dont think it could be useful at all.
an SD type diagnostic card or some hardware based exploit could only be solution as i can tell. i have even tried to sniff the wifi but the IP assigned to the 3DS is not accesible. i searched around for my old ralink card but seems to be broken cause windows cant install it correctly. a ds download play hack could help but it'll be stuck at DSi/DS mode and not 3DS mode.
3DS download play is not likely an option because of the same chicken and egg thing(encryption keys).

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Try doing that with another 3DS (ie. loading that SD card onto another 3DS). Doesn't work.
It won't help us. As previously stated, each individual 3DS has a unique key and ticket that ties the downloaded applications to that specific 3DS.

But do they shows up on the menu?

Has anyone tried something with the streetpass feature(IDK much about this) like sending a hacked Mii

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try doing that with another 3DS (ie. loading that SD card onto another 3DS). Doesn't work.
It won't help us. As previously stated, each individual 3DS has a unique key and ticket that ties the downloaded applications to that specific 3DS.

Has anyone tried something with the streetpass feature(IDK much about this) like sending a hacked Mii
HACKED MIIS WILL NOT WORK.
IT'S BEEN SAID SO MANY TIMES ON THIS THREAD I LOST COUNT.

Reactions: 1 person

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Edit:
http://www.memorex.c...Selector-Case1/

it may not have any code at all. could be just a switch there to change the cartridge slot. i dont think it could be useful at all.
an SD type diagnostic card or some hardware based exploit could only be solution as i can tell. i have even tried to sniff the wifi but the IP assigned to the 3DS is not accesible. i searched around for my old ralink card but seems to be broken cause windows cant install it correctly. a ds download play hack could help but it'll be stuck at DSi/DS mode and not 3DS mode.
3DS download play is not likely an option because of the same chicken and egg thing(encryption keys).

3DS transfers do not transfer the actual titles, only the saves. Titles are redownloaded from the eShop.
You can also bet that copying over hacked saves was blocked, especially since DSi System Menu 1.4.2.
DS Download Play will not work; it only worked on DS firmwares v3 and below AFAIK (patched in DS Lites for sure). 3DS will be using a later version of DS firmware for Download Play.
The cart switchers are just a simple switch with slots. As for 3DS carts not being detected, the 3DS cart may simply be refusing to respond to standard DS cart commands.

loco365

Trophies
XP

Even though it won't work, I'd like to see someone send a gold pants Mii from a Wii to a 3DS. It's not possible at the moment, but I'd like to see someone figure it out.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a few minutes. No idea how it can take you 5 hours unless you're drastically inflicted with ADHD and dyslexia.
Sure it only takes a few minutes... if you don't read the posts :glare:
Then it wouldn't take a few minutes - it wouldn't take any time at all seeing as reading the posts is exactly what we're talking about. If it takes you hours to read 20+ pages of a thread, then I'm desperately sorry for you.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a few minutes. No idea how it can take you 5 hours unless you're drastically inflicted with ADHD and dyslexia.
Sure it only takes a few minutes... if you don't read the posts :glare:
Then it wouldn't take a few minutes - it wouldn't take any time at all seeing as reading the posts is exactly what we're talking about. If it takes you hours to read 20+ pages of a thread, then I'm desperately sorry for you.
So, Mr. Superhuman, tell us how we should try to hack the 3DS! B-)

Reactions: Shade Tempest

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Reads above a 3rd grade level
>Is called a super human

GBATemp.
Somehow, you manage to pack a small piece of trollbait in every post. I've never wasted the time it takes to read 22 pages of forum posts, so I wouldn't know how long. I'm betting it's much more than a few minutes, though. Unless you mean something like "15 minutes", which is definitely more than a few.

Maybe we should update the first post with all the ideas/theories that have been shot down already. It might stop some of the newbies posting ideas over and over again...

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Reads above a 3rd grade level
>Is called a super human

GBATemp.
Somehow, you manage to pack a small piece of trollbait in every post. I've never wasted the time it takes to read 22 pages of forum posts, so I wouldn't know how long. I'm betting it's much more than a few minutes, though. Unless you mean something like "15 minutes", which is definitely more than a few.

Maybe we should update the first post with all the ideas/theories that have been shot down already. It might stop some of the newbies posting ideas over and over again...

THAT IS WHAT I KEEP SUGGESTING, BUT DOES ANYBODY LISTEN!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get how breaking down your entire post was "picking a small piece of trollbait" Mostly because you're using trollbait incorrectly, but whatever.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well hey, regular users can't do anything about it. It'd have to be an admin/mod to edit the first post.

Isn't the Vulpes Abnocto the admin since he was the first to post or who is it? It would be really nice if this thread was shortened so that we could be more focused on what's new instead of what's already said.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Even though it won't work, I'd like to see someone send a gold pants Mii from a Wii to a 3DS. It's not possible at the moment, but I'd like to see someone figure it out.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well hey, regular users can't do anything about it. It'd have to be an admin/mod to edit the first post.

Isn't the Vulpes Abnocto the admin since he was the first to post or who is it? It would be really nice if this thread was shortened so that we could be more focused on what's new instead of what's already said.
Report the first post, tell them what you think needs to be done, if the admins agree, they'll do it.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd be glad to take over this thread and update the first post regularly, seeing as how this is the first thread I go to whenever I visit GBAtemp.
Having all the theories on the first post should cut down on repeats.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd be glad to take over this thread and update the first post regularly, seeing as how this is the first thread I go to whenever I visit GBAtemp.
Having all the theories on the first post should cut down on repeats.
Pretty sure that is not possible. Only admin/moderators can edit other people's posts. And you are neither, so you can't edit the first post. And I don't think it's possible to change the "ownership" so to speak of a post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.