Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

Goldneedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe 3DS was already hacked but the hacker can't make money from it like FC did so they hide it to wait until they find the way to make money from it :lol:

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe 3DS was already hacked but the hacker can't make money from it like FC did so they hide it to wait until they find the way to make money from it :lol:
.. ... 
@@ -39,7 +39,7 @@
39 39 
} aesccmheader;
40 40 

41 41 
// Maximum size per message
42 
-#define CHUNKMAXSIZE 0x4FF000
42 
+#define CHUNKMAXSIZE 0x3FF000
43 43 
//#define CHUNKMAXSIZE 0x10
44 44 

45 45 
void ctrclient_init();

credit: neimod

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has/can anyone analyze the process of data transferring between units?
Isn't it possible to take advantage or use similar methods to sign unsigned codes to run on the 3DS?

Just throwing at the wall to see what sticks {: s
The data transfered between two units is encrypted and in order to run a buffer overflow the data has to be decrypted.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah. I just giving some opinion. So after more than a year the 3ds was released, it's still impossible huh? How long for the ds to be hacked?

High Voltage said that the 3DS have a similar system to the Wii when they were being interviewed about "Conduit 3D". It took TWO & A HALF YEARS for the Wii to be cracked. Also Nintendo stated that they HYPED UP THE SECURITY on the 3DS to prevent pirates. So we have no real clue when it will get cracked.
We could run backups on the wii much earlier than that.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloadable software/games are downloaded to the SD card, right?
Can't we just share the contents of the SD card?
In a word, no. If it was possible, ppl would already be sharing all kinds of 3ds content.
If the system is ever hacked, then MAYBE things like that could be shared.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is completely off-topic, but I'm just curious. Is anyone planning on buying the Wii U? If you are, are you willing to go through all this again with Wii U homebrew?

Reactions: 1 person

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously man. I'm sure there will be an awesome U hacking theories seen enough. In fact, this happens every time a new system or device launches. It's just that a lot more ppl are aware of it and into it now. Coincidentally, most of them are uber impatient. That's what makes it seem like such a long and tedious ordeal. Just my $.02

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I dont know if this has been suggested, but what about, since roms were dumped already, retrofitting the roms encryption key with code or simalar to cause a buffer overflow on reading of the encryption key. One may be able to run unsigned code that way....

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if this has been suggested, but what about, since roms were dumped already, retrofitting the roms encryption key with code or simalar to cause a buffer overflow on reading of the encryption key. One may be able to run unsigned code that way....
i believe its not possible. My idea that is similar is to create a fake encryption key that is so long that creates a buffer overflow. also extremely doubtful

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i believe its not possible. My idea that is similar is to create a fake encryption key that is so long that creates a buffer overflow. also extremely doubtful
Has it been tried? I was thinking of doing it, but that being said I wouldn't know what to do even If I got ahold of something (e.x. a rom) and modified it, yet alone run it, and even further, if I did (unlikely like you said) get a buffer overflow, what to do. I mean, hell, I dont even know what coding language the 3ds runs on

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been tried? I was thinking of doing it, but that being said I wouldn't know what to do even If I got ahold of something (e.x. a rom) and modified it, yet alone run it, and even further, if I did (unlikely like you said) get a buffer overflow, what to do. I mean, hell, I dont even know what coding language the 3ds runs on
Us noobs coulden't test it without a way to rewrite a modified rom to a cart, the only programming language that is even possible to run on the 3ds is assembly code and machine code.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

There are some flaws in your theory, first the dumped roms are already encryped so there would be no need for a encryption key (maybe you meant decryption key). Second the encryption/decryption key are not present on the dumped roms, the decryption key is somewhere on the 3ds console but it is encrypted with yet another key. Third and most important, you can't put code on a encryption/decryption key because keys are not executed they are used in math/logic operations.

Reactions: 2 people

Andu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I don't now if my post gets deleated or something but, I was wondering the 3DS looks alike in some stuff with the Wii. How about maybe editing the Wii hacks in a way that the 3DS runs them??????

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok so I don't now if my post gets deleated or something but, I was wondering the 3DS looks alike in some stuff with the Wii. How about maybe editing the Wii hacks in a way that the 3DS runs them??????
that wont work. this because the apps should be written different ( a 3ds is no WII, if it was we could play wii games on a 3ds and vica versa). And we need a way to run our own programs on the 3ds. to accomplish this on the wii you need a wii game or the wii system menu (which both cant be run on the 3ds).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car +1